Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyCane

And what happened in the 37th hour?
She stopped feeling like she was going to die. She literally said she thought she was going to have to go to the hospital and might not make it.

This is somebody who double masks (including KN95) in Walmart and couldn't wait to get the vaccine when they were first approved. She has now unequivocally said that she will never put herself through that again. It was that bad.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I love these two sentiments put side by side:
1. Children have very little risk of being hospitalized or dying from COVID, so, don't bother vaccinating them.​
2. Healthy adults who have been vaccinated have very little risk of being hospitalized or dying from COVID, so, GIVE THEM A BOOSTER!!​

DisneyCane

1. Children have very little risk of being hospitalized or dying from COVID, so, don't bother vaccinating them.​
2. Healthy adults who have been vaccinated have very little risk of being hospitalized or dying from COVID, so, GIVE THEM A BOOSTER!!​
Nobody I've seen has those two sentiments in their opinion. Typically the "booster brigade" is the same as the "mandate vaccines for children" people

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
She stopped feeling like she was going to die. She literally said she thought she was going to have to go to the hospital and might not make it.

This is somebody who double masks (including KN95) in Walmart and couldn't wait to get the vaccine when they were first approved. She has now unequivocally said that she will never put herself through that again. It was that bad.
I’m glad it worked out the way it was designed…I bet here antigens will be way up in a few weeks 😉👍🏻

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
I said this in July, I was heavily criticized for suggesting that the vaccines wane over time and that boosters would become necessary.
We now have an even better sense of just how much it really does wane and how much extra protection could be provided by boosters?

View attachment 599770

Unfortunately, we are making a rather weak effort to distribute boosters in the US. I see many people claiming that we have seen the last significant wave of Covid.
Sadly, I fear they are wrong. I believe we are just at the beginning of a winter surge, especially in colder states. The surge is starting in the coldest states, and it will expand as more states become colder. Even highly vaccinated states.
Just look at Vermont, which has about the best vaccination in the country:

View attachment 599772

There is good news: Even unboosted vaccination provides good protection against hospitalization and death. And further new treatments are quickly arriving. So a winter 2021 surge will be far less deadly than the winter 2020 surge.
But there is a surge coming to the Northern part of the country, and while deaths shouldn't be as bad as winter 2020, deaths will still increase significantly. I'll note in New York, daily deaths are already *higher* than they were in mid November 2020. NY is currently averaging 42 deaths per day. As of November 10, 2020, New York was averaging 23 deaths per day.

IOW, this isn't over.
This is bad, very very bad, I wonder there will finally be over by Spring 2022 comes....The surges are even getting bigger in colder weather than last year. I wonder the surge will get bigger or not in winter months.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is bad, very very bad, I wonder there will finally be over by Spring 2022 comes....The surges are even getting bigger in colder weather than last year. I wonder the surge will get bigger or not in winter months.
…we don’t know that yet. It could still continue to trend downward. But there is the possibility we aren’t done yet.

Nubs70

Weather has nothing to do with surges...as I have been told.

correcaminos

I never said FORCE anybody. And yes, people should always talk to their doctor.
I'm not talking about feeling "run down." I had severe aches and chills as well as fever. My muscles were so sore that I could barely move for a day. Of the people I know who have gotten boosters, about half have had similarly severe responses -- Like a pretty severe flu for 24-36 hours.
So people should feel free to seek reassurance from the doctor that such reactions are normal.

So yes, arms out, get the booster. Go ahead and talk to you doctor about the safest way to do so. About what side-effects are normal and what side effects should be concerning.
Even with boosters, actual dangerous side effects are extremely rare. Serious and severe 24-hour side effects are extremely common. If that were to become an excuse against boosters, then nobody would get them.
But dangerous side effects are extremely rare.
You are still not presenting any side effects that are concerning. You said arms out to someone with heart side effects. So please be kind when responding.

I am more than aware of how rare dangerous side effects are. I also know one person who is now not allowed more vaccines due to an issue. So be kind. It goes further when one is. We need to listen and be compassionate always when it comes to shots.

Obviously this does not include anti-vax for no real reason other than youtube told them not to, but real and legit.

havoc315

You are still not presenting any side effects that are concerning. You said arms out to someone with heart side effects. So please be kind when responding.

I am more than aware of how rare dangerous side effects are. I also know one person who is now not allowed more vaccines due to an issue. So be kind. It goes further when one is. We need to listen and be compassionate always when it comes to shots.

Obviously this does not include anti-vax for no real reason other than youtube told them not to, but real and legit.

I have no lack of sympathy or kindness. Simply stating the facts. I had heart palpitations as a result of the booster.
I have spoken to 2 cardiologists who have both indicated to me that such cardiac symptoms, including some tachycardia, are completely normal and expected in the 24-48 hours following vaccination.

It's important to be honest with people. Yes, you may get pretty severe temporary side effects from the vaccine. Including, very commonly, cardiac side effects. But be assured that those side effects are temporary and expected. If you have concerns, you should speak to a doctor. But aside from allergic reactions, there are probably only 1 in 10,000 people who shouldn't get the vaccine due to potential side effects.

So yes --- "heart side effects" are completely normal and expected -- Arms out. If you're worried, go talk to a doctor about your concerns.

havoc315

Not sure of your point.
1 -- The risk of children dying from Covid isn't that different from the older risk of dying from measles. Have we been wrong to vaccinate children from measles for all these years?
Let's be clear -- Covid is at least as dangerous as Measles for children. If we are going to vaccinate children for Measles, of course we would vaccinate for Covid.

2 -- Yes, healthy vaccinated adults have very low risk of being hospitalized or dying from Covid, but a moderate risk of still getting infected and getting quite sick. A booster reduces the already low risk of death/hospitalization even further, while also reducing the risk of getting infected at all. (and also reducing the risk of spreading the infection to others).

Logic dictates both -- That children should be vaccinated, that people should get boosters. Because logic dictates you want to reduce death, hospitalization, infection and the spreading of infection.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Nobody is suggesting vaccines for those where it’s not appropriate. In fact…no one ever has.
We’re talking about that who’s primary excuse is their malfunctioning brain and attitude.

…it’s been proven “safe and effective” for them

correcaminos

I have no lack of sympathy or kindness. Simply stating the facts. I had heart palpitations as a result of the booster.
I have spoken to 2 cardiologists who have both indicated to me that such cardiac symptoms, including some tachycardia, are completely normal and expected in the 24-48 hours following vaccination.

It's important to be honest with people. Yes, you may get pretty severe temporary side effects from the vaccine. Including, very commonly, cardiac side effects. But be assured that those side effects are temporary and expected. If you have concerns, you should speak to a doctor. But aside from allergic reactions, there are probably only 1 in 10,000 people who shouldn't get the vaccine due to potential side effects.

So yes --- "heart side effects" are completely normal and expected -- Arms out. If you're worried, go talk to a doctor about your concerns.
Sorry, you are not in the right to tell people what to do. You spoke with your doctor. Allow others to do the same. Do not judge at all if someone declines a booster after a legit issue. I honestly don't care that you just added you had heart palpitations, you are not in the right to suggest boosters for any heart reactions with this.
Nobody is suggesting vaccines for those where it’s not appropriate. In fact…no one ever has.
We’re talking about that who’s primary excuse is their malfunctioning brain and attitude.

…it’s been proven “safe and effective” for them
Actually yes someone did and I called them for that see above - last I checked heart rates that high and afib are not something to ignore. Just because I make a comment doesn't mean I support anti-vax rhetoric. In fact if you read here at all you'd see totally differently. Read my posts here before trying to school me on this please. They absolutely are safe and effective and I have said it from day 1. If someone has that reaction an internet person has no right to say they need to and should not compare it to a day or two of flu like symptoms. It's like equating being punched in the gut to full on labor with no epidural.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Actually yes someone did and I called them for that see above - last I checked heart rates that high and afib are not something to ignore. Just because I make a comment doesn't mean I support anti-vax rhetoric. In fact if you read here at all you'd see totally differently. Read my posts here before trying to school me on this please. They absolutely are safe and effective and I have said it from day 1. If someone has that reaction an internet person has no right to say they need to and should not compare it to a day or two of flu like symptoms. It's like equating being punched in the gut to full on labor with no epidural.
Reactions are just that: reactions. They can be serious, but not unexpected or negating the recommendations to get them…as it was not-too-cleverly being used (bad attempt)

And if you read those posts…it’s a pattern. 20 months of the same contrarian nonsense…just constant. Void of understanding, expertise or even common sense.

correcaminos

Reactions are just that: reactions. They can be serious, but not unexpected or negating the recommendations to get them…as it was not-too-cleverly being used (bad attempt)

And if you read those posts…it’s a pattern. 20 months of the same contrarian nonsense…just constant. Void of understanding, expertise or even common sense.
Look I'm just saying someone who had that much of a reaction has a right to be concerned and at this point I wouldn't push. One friend had issues similarly for days on end with Moderna. I respect their right to pass on a booster.

I say this with utter respect and all for vaccines and the process. I get the poster acknowledged some legit reasons but it just comes across as callous to not be understanding. These no booster people are not our bigger problem anyway. Granted I would not be eligible for one normally and many friends not at all as well. So my push is for unvaccinated before trying to strong arm anyone into a 3rd when there are concerns.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Look I'm just saying someone who had that much of a reaction has a right to be concerned and at this point I wouldn't push. One friend had issues similarly for days on end with Moderna. I respect their right to pass on a booster.

I say this with utter respect and all for vaccines and the process. I get the poster acknowledged some legit reasons but it just comes across as callous to not be understanding. These no booster people are not our bigger problem anyway. Granted I would not be eligible for one normally and many friends not at all as well. So my push is for unvaccinated before trying to strong arm anyone into a 3rd when there are concerns.
I’m just jaded by how awful the public has been…everyone in the US could be vaccinated 3x over at this point (if eligible) …and we are doing our collective best to pooch it.

the overall fully vaccinated rate is I believe 52-% over 18 and hasn’t moved at all for months.

pathetic.

I get flack for not particularly caring about “my opinions” on a wide range of subjects here (some even Disney 😉)…
And this illustrates why I didn’t: “my opinions” are wrong at least 50% of the time these days…and they spread like weeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom