Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

durangojim

An interesting note on the loss of sense of smell/taste.

@MansionButler84 @durangojim - have you noticed that at all?
I have not. Doesn't surprise me though as there are a number of infections that can cause similar symptoms.

DisneyDebRob

The vet is definitely essential, but for emergencies. My dentist switched to emergency work only -- it only seems logical to avoid people going out unless they have to, since that's exactly what the Governor is mandating.

Ever since they went from a small, locally owned vet to now being owned by a big conglomerate, the service has been terrible. What an insane money grab.
Only thing I can think that they need to make sure he still needs the meds and by just filling the prescription it could be harmful to them? I don’t know. Sort of like when we fill a prescription and it has no refills and we think we may need to fill it again. Not in all cases but the doc usually wants to see or talk with us first. Since he can’t talk to your pet he may need to examine? Just guessing here.

PeoplemoverTTA

Only thing I can think that they need to make sure he still needs the meds and by just filling the prescription it could be harmful to them? I don’t know. Sort of like when we fill a prescription and it has no refills and we think we may need to fill it again. Not in all cases but the doc usually wants to see or talk with us first. Since he can’t talk to your pet he may need to examine? Just guessing here.

I could see that if it was a prescription medication. It's just special food that is lower in protein and higher in carbs because of his kidney disease. There's no medicine in it. He's been on it for years now.

JohnD

I submitted an order on Chewy.com for a refill on my cat's prescription food (he has kidney disease) and my vet declined to authorize it. They insisted I bring my cat in for a well visit to get a new script. We are in New York State and are only supposed to leave for groceries and emergencies, and they insist I bring my cat in for a well visit. Is that not the most ridiculous thing?!

People shouldn't be going to the doctor's office for unnecessary visits (e.g. physical which I guess is a "well visit") but you have to bring your cat. SMH

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
We use Skype for Business and don't have an option like that anywhere. Luckily, no one uses the webcam feature. That'd be bad news for everyone. 🤣

I've been working from home for a while now (months). No one during that time frame wanted to video chat. Now, our client is working from home for a month and wants to start video conferencing. I just rolled my eyes so hard at that.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I could see that if it was a prescription medication. It's just special food that is lower in protein and higher in carbs because of his kidney disease. There's no medicine in it. He's been on it for years now.
People shouldn't be going to the doctor's office for unnecessary visits (e.g. physical which I guess is a "well visit") but you have to bring your cat. SMH
It makes no sense to go in for that. It’s a chronic condition not something that will go away and it’s not a narcotic or something dangerous you are getting. That’s something that should be handled over the phone.

JohnD

Obviously Disney will not be opening on 4/1. Any ideas when they will be making an announcement? Also I’m thinking they’re going to be closed through all of April at the shortest amount.

With the Governor issuing an Executive Order closing inside dining through 5/8, I wouldn't expect WDW to be open all of April either. Wednesday is one week out from 4/1. I'd say no later than Wednesday they would announce.

JohnD

I’m sure they’ll open Disney springs and hotels first. We may see that reopen after 5/8 unless the governor extends orders.

I’m not expecting any parks to open until Memorial Day. And I feel like that’s optimistic.

I rescheduled my week of 3/30 trip to the week of 5/25. If it does re-open Memorial Day, it will make for a very interesting trip. I'm sure lots of things will be curbed, etc. I wouldn't expect full operation immediately.

Shouldigo12

I really believe it has been.

Same for us. We live far from the recreational areas and downtown. There's outdoor activities we like to do when it's warm out (swimming at the pond, walking, etc.), but other than that, we're basically homebodies.
I don't think my mom could have had it already, given how infectious it is and the fact that no one else on the family had what she had. But back in December she was hit with an awful virus. High fever, body aches, horrible cough, vomiting, diarrhea. Just a little shortness of breath. When she went to the hospital they could only diagnose her with a "virus". They had no idea what it was specifically. She got so bad I found out later she actually started writing out her will because she was positive she was going to die. It tools her weeks to recover.

Like I said, I'm not at all convinced she's had Covid already, for a variety of reasons. But I would be lying if I said it hadn't crossed my mind. My mom is incredibly strong, even when she's had pneumonia we've had to fight to keep her in bed because she just doesn't let an illness affect her life. With this, she barely had the energy to get out of bed to shower. It was terrifying, and I have never seen something hit her so hard for so long.

TrainsOfDisney

i have considered myself a lapsed spiritual person..i do believe and have been saying prayers for the world

recently i have been stuck about if really sincere and how can i be a better person..

an ad from the billy graham foundation just appeared with an active prayer to say and to call if/when things get tough

i am touched

Perhaps Siri heard your prayer and let the ad companies know? That’s unfortunately not a joke! I texted a friend about rise of Skywalker and the next time I opened YouTube app on my phone there was an ad.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I rescheduled my week of 3/30 trip to the week of 5/25. If it does re-open Memorial Day, it will make for a very interesting trip. I'm sure lots of things will be curbed, etc. I wouldn't expect full operation immediately.

I'm curious as what Epcot will look like when it's time to re-open, particularly World Showcase. I am not sure how the work visas and programs are being affected with such a large number of CMs that aren't from the US. Does anyone have any insight in how this is currently working or will work in the future?

thomas998

The overcrowding part was more tongue in cheek joke. I am hoping the parks aurvive 30% unemployment. The price being paid by yhe economy and young people is insane. I have to be careful to leave politics out of this but it's hard. We need to hope that Universal and Disney parks survive. Expansion or even keeping all the rides and attractions we had are gone.
I wouldn't expect them to go away, they are already there so that cost is done and dusted. The only real question is when they open how much staffing will they have, what will the hours be and what rides or attractions will be considered unnecessary to staff and open because the higher demand rides will be available leaving low demand ride pretty much unused. I wouldn't be surprised to see rides with two lines cut down to 1 and never bother operating the 2nd line for a long-time even as crowds start to increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom