Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeCamel

So I did something today...I'm torn between it being smart and stupid.

As some of you know, I had an anaphylactic reaction to a vaccine in the past. My doctor told me to get the covid vaccine at a hospital and that I could only get Moderna. I live in Baltimore, where we don't exactly have a shortage of hospitals, and I haven't been able to get an appointment and it's been MONTHS. Even my doctor's office was like, no we can't do it here.

So I went to Walgreens today and kind of fudged my medical history. I told them that my doctor said Moderna was fine (he did) and that I've had flu shots successfully (I have) and they gave it to me, and now I'm sitting at home with a bunch of Benadryl and my epi pen nearby just in case.
Breathe deep, it has been enough time and you can feel a reaction coming if it is allergic. At least I can. You feel good? take a nap and let it work, you will feel some effects but if it didn't drop you on the spot the odds of it happening at all are slim.
I got my third Pfizer at Walgreens today too, I have to be in Florida next month and I had my first on 2/10 so peace of mind and in before the rush

eta: Walgreens just has you self attest on the form, no one is being turned away.

dreday3

As some of you know, I had an anaphylactic reaction to a vaccine in the past. My doctor told me to get the covid vaccine at a hospital and that I could only get Moderna. I live in Baltimore, where we don't exactly have a shortage of hospitals, and I haven't been able to get an appointment and it's been MONTHS. Even my doctor's office was like, no we can't do it here.

So I went to Walgreens today and kind of fudged my medical history. I told them that my doctor said Moderna was fine (he did) and that I've had flu shots successfully (I have) and they gave it to me, and now I'm sitting at home with a bunch of Benadryl and my epi pen nearby just in case.

If it helps, most anaphylactic reactions happen within 15 to 30 minutes! I think you will be okay!

I had Moderna back in Jan/Feb - ask me any questions. :D

dreday3

For hospitals, oxygen is stored in liquid form in tanks on-site. The liquid oxygen is pushed through a system that coverts it back to a gas and then is distributed throughout the hospital. Oxygen use for an entire hospital is measured in inches from the tanks, and only so many inches can be used a day due to many factors, usually dependent on the volume of the gas system. Hospitals receive their liquid oxygen from a medical gas vendor. I’m assuming water treatment facilities that use liquid O2 to help purify water get it from the same source.

Don’t know if that’s helpful or not.

It is helpful and thank you!

StarWarsGirl

Breathe deep, it has been enough time and you can feel a reaction coming if it is allergic. At least I can. You feel good? take a nap and let it work, you will feel some effects but if it didn't drop you on the spot the odds of it happening at all are slim.
I got my third Pfizer at Walgreens today too, I have to be in Florida next month and I had my first on 2/10 so peace of mind and in before the rush

eta: Walgreens just has you self attest on the form, no one is being turned away.
If it helps, most anaphylactic reactions happen within 15 to 30 minutes! I think you will be okay!

I had Moderna back in Jan/Feb - ask me any questions. :D
Mine was 3 hours later the last time and the times when I've reacted to medications it's been several hours later...so yeah, not out of the woods yet unfortunately.

hopemax

I thought the reason we had to sit for 15 minutes was to make sure the anaphylactic reaction didn't happen. If you are past that, you should be fine.

Lilofan

I know someone who went to get a Pfizer booster shot today. The pharmacy tech asked for no proof only asking if you were immunocompromised.

Figgy1

Premium Member
We’ve had that conversation (and continue to do so) but the virtual options for gifted and specialized program students are limited. I have a high school junior who is halfway through a specialized college-prep program that is not offered online. So we are stuck between pulling them at the risk of shortchanging their education or keeping them in a tense and untenable situation. Seriously open to suggestions at this point.
I'm sorry I have no solutions
Share Love GIF

correcaminos

Please take this with all sincerity. That was so very brave to do this the way you did. I hope all goes well with this shot for you.

JoeCamel

If that is case, if enough people are vaccinated as kids 5-11 too then there will be no more surges this winter as Christmas will be much better than last year. Yeah! The pandemic will be over by next year in USA.
Unclear in the story is if that will be 12 yo and up or will it be 18 and up? Either way this should stir some mandates but we are still waiting for the EUA for 5 - 11 yo.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Unclear in the story is if that will be 12 yo and up or will it be 18 and up? Either way this should stir some mandates but we are still waiting for the EUA for 5 - 11 yo.
For kids 5-11, that would be October when they will approval vaccine for 5-11.

JoeCamel

For kids 5-11, that would be October when they will approval vaccine for 5-11.
Hopefully, may be later but I think the FDA is processing the data as fast as they can. Once all the data is in they will make a decision but like the ones before I'm pretty sure there is little negative data so it will be approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom