Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel Ariel

So mask mandate will extend into 2023/2024.....? NOOOOOO!!!
I don't want more future waves to bigger problems for years which mask mandate may extend until 2024. As this is going to be very long mask mandate for trains, buses and planes for four years long. @GoofGoof
No one knows what will happen. No one can predict where we will be with this in January much less 2023 or 2024.

I know it’s difficult, but stop trying to predict it. To use a phrase from military families - semper Gumby. Always flexible. Be willing to go with the flow and adjust on the fly. It’s not easy, but it’s all we have with a global pandemic.

matt9112

So does that mean we can unplug unvaccinated COVID patients to free up resources to treat other patients? They made a choice, right? Why should someone else have to wait in pain for weeks or months because of the personal decision made by others?

Well like any healthcare those closest to death or risk of it should get healthcare first. People wait months sometimes as it stands....there paying the price of there decision by being there on the first place. I think we should expand capacity in general though...remember all those tent hospitals that never got used?

Timmay

No one knows what will happen. No one can predict where we will be with this in January much less 2023 or 2024.

I know it’s difficult, but stop trying to predict it. To use a phrase from military families - semper Gumby. Always flexible. Be willing to go with the flow and adjust on the fly. It’s not easy, but it’s all we have with a global pandemic.
The situation is fluid.

matt9112

I just don’t understand how that is a remotely reasonable answer at this point. By making your own decision to not get vaccinated you are putting healthcare workers at risk. These people have been working crazy hours for a year and a half, many have died and watched their coworkers die, they have families, they have mental health to consider. I just do not understand how people cannot see past the end of their own nose. It’s not about you. It is about our community

The whole greater good thing makes sense but its simply not a good mentality. Personal choice is far more important....covid will pass it iwll go away. Personal freedoms lost never come back but in this forum in barking up the wrong tree. So i will leave it there..this coming from somebody that is vaxed.

TrainsOfDisney

The whole greater good thing makes sense but its simply not a good mentality. Personal choice is far more important....covid will pass it iwll go away. Personal freedoms lost never come back but in this forum in barking up the wrong tree. So i will leave it there..this coming from somebody that is vaxed.
I’m also vacinated but agree that calling someone names for choosing not to get a vaccine is wrong and way over the line.

Getting a vaccine is a choice.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I really don't like talking about vloggers but if anyone has been paying attention to what's going on with Michael Kay, it's pretty cringe.

He went on the Disney cruise last week, filming and showing himself taking the test at the port saying that everyone had to do it (that's only required for those not vaccinated). People began calling him out and questioning if he was not vaccinated and he's been deleting comments along with the first 8 minutes of the video initially uploaded showing the testing.

Even worse, while Disney had no inside masks for those vaccinated, he had filmed and posted many videos being maskless indoors. Really frustrating someone with a decent following like that would be spreading misinformation about the cruise process, and then try to cover and hide the fact that he was blatantly ignoring Disney's rules in other areas. I truly hate the honor system while cases are as high as they are and have no desire for Disney to return to it anytime soon.
Not a good look
There is more to the story. That’s all I’m gonna say.
…don’t tease us…
Not sure what there is, but it's not a good look to blatantly ignore rules and then delete comments and content when questioned.
Not a good look
If he wants to clear it up, that’s up to him. Not my place. But i wouldn’t make assumptions based on incomplete information.
Is he here?

jlhwdw

I think we should do a 45 day shutdown. September 1-October 15. All non essential businesses closed. Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando should be shuttered. Close *everything*. All commercial air traffic should be grounded. Restaurants closed. Literally shut the country down for 45 days. Curfew starts at 6pm and extend to 9am the next day. You can leave your home to exercise outdoors and to go to pre-determined grocery locations at an appointed time. That's it. Leave your home outside of your allotted grocery run or outdoor exercise between 9am-6pm and it's a $10,000 fine and an I.O.U. for 30 days in jail to be completed in 2022. Martial law the country. Plan it now so everyone has two weeks to decide where and with whom they will lock down with.

Essentially stop the economy. No rent or utility payments will be taken. It's essentially a 45 day break from any and all financial transactions and obligations.

Drastic? You betcha. Are we over this and in a *significantly* better place after the 45 days? Yep.

TrainsOfDisney

I think we should do a 45 day shutdown. September 1-October 15. All non essential businesses closed. Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando should be shuttered. Close *everything*. All commercial air traffic should be grounded. Restaurants closed. Literally shut the country down for 45 days. Curfew starts at 6pm and extend to 9am the next day. You can leave your home to exercise outdoors and to go to pre-determined grocery locations at an appointed time. That's it. Leave your home outside of your allotted grocery run or outdoor exercise between 9am-6pm and it's a $10,000 fine and an I.O.U. for 30 days in jail to be completed in 2022. Martial law the country. Plan it now so everyone has two weeks to decide where and with whom they will lock down with.

Essentially stop the economy. No rent or utility payments will be taken. It's essentially a 45 day break from any and all financial transactions and obligations.

Drastic? You betcha. Are we over this and in a *significantly* better place after the 45 days? Yep.
That only works if we close all borders and international travel after the fact.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

…well that’s inventive…for sure

SammyMF

Lets see. The government can mandate a 45 day shut down that affects every single person and every single business everywhere in the country. Switching off the country and society. But government can NOT mandate those that havent been vaccinated... a minority of the people... to do so. Another big shut down is nothing more than appeasing some people hoping they go away. Then again, do a shutdown and its going to be them that gets the blame for it from everyone else. Thats on top of the blame they are already getting for how it is today.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I think that’s a bit of a straw man. Nobody anywhere in this country is being held down and being forced to be vaccinated. So nobody’s personal freedom is lost. Some companies are requiring vaccination for employment, some businesses like cruise lines are requiring vaccinations for access to the ship. It‘s your personal choice to get a vaccine or not but if you don’t then you may not be able to work certain places or do certain activities. That’s life. It’s still a choice.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

Nah.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Are any cruise lines 100% requiring them?
Norwegian is and out of FL now too since they got the injunction against the law prohibiting it in FL.

From the NCL website:
You want to cruise. We want to keep you safe. With Norwegian, our leading Health & Safety Program allows you and your loved ones to cruise with the ultimate freedom and confidence. All guests and crew are required to be 100% fully vaccinated so you can safely do what you’ve always wanted to do on a cruise — EVERYTHING. Let’s get back to living life to the fullest, together. Sail Safe. Feel Free.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Are any cruise lines 100% requiring them?

Norwegian is and out of FL now too since they got the injunction against the law prohibiting it in FL.

From the NCL website:
You want to cruise. We want to keep you safe. With Norwegian, our leading Health & Safety Program allows you and your loved ones to cruise with the ultimate freedom and confidence. All guests and crew are required to be 100% fully vaccinated so you can safely do what you’ve always wanted to do on a cruise — EVERYTHING. Let’s get back to living life to the fullest, together. Sail Safe. Feel Free.

I think Royal caribbean is some kinda “98% requirement”??

they’ve had a couple of instances that generate some negative PR in the last 2 weeks as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom