Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes

That link you can look up the Transmission rates in your county within NJ.

This link you can look up daily cases, daily deaths, and cumulative information for the same.

Finally, forecasting information.
Looks like New Jersey is doing great job without returning of mask mandate or social distancing so far.:D

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Disney has always followed very closely to CDC. The CDC says strongly recommend, then Disney will do the same. It could be as simple as a sign or an announcement.
The CDC can only recommend since they don’t actually set policy. There is nothing in what came out from the CDC yesterday that says masks should be optional in high or substantial spread counties. Disney can do whatever they want but putting up a sign saying we strongly recommend masks indoors isn’t following the CDC guidelines. There’s no loophole like that out of this. It’s possible that WDW and Universal and others just ignore the guidance and continue their current policy.

ABQ

Things are different in Florida and that would be exactly the same as it is now. Florida is literally drowning in covid.
The CDC forecast is bad, but it's not worse than it had been previously.
1627511256894.png

Let's just hope the forecast holds true and that in a month, it turns the corner.

DisneyCane

Things are different in Florida and that would be exactly the same as it is now. Florida is literally drowning in covid.
Orange County, California is also a "red" community transmission zone according to the CDC. Based on CDC classification, both WDW and DL are in the same category.

Wendy Pleakley

This was in my local news today. It speaks to herd immunity. 70% of a population vaccinated is very different than 90%.

We're still talking about masks and when & where they should still be used, but vaccination continues to be the key and the current vaccination numbers simply aren't enough.

1627511452329.png

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
The CDC can only recommend since they don’t actually set policy. There is nothing in what came out from the CDC yesterday that says masks should be optional in high or substantial spread counties. Disney can do whatever they want but putting up a sign saying we strongly recommend masks indoors isn’t following the CDC guidelines. There’s no loophole like that out of this. It’s possible that WDW and Universal and others just ignore the guidance and continue their current policy.
And so far with a few exceptions across the country the majority of guidance has been to recommend masking indoors for all. Disney and the other parks have already been doing that. It could be as simple as continuing their policy as it was already inline with the current guidance. Maybe just recommend more strongly.

Archie123

And so far with a few exceptions across the country the majority of guidance has been to recommend masking indoors for all. Disney and the other parks have already been doing that. It could be as simple as continuing their policy as it was already inline with the current guidance. Maybe just recommend more strongly.

Yes. Because recommending masks have worked so well so far. 🙄

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Yeah, they could definitely do that. They could ultimately decide not to change anything. If they do they won’t be following the CDC guidance or the recommendation of the mayor of Orange County.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
And like the previous waves it will peak and quickly recede. Some analysts have speculated we are 2 weeks from seeing current substantial risk areas peak before it moves to other parts of the country.

EricsBiscuit

It would be incredibly stupid to reinstate mask mandates. Here’s a novel idea for all the Karens out there: if you’re scared, stay home! Get vaccinated! Wear a mask! Maybe two! But don’t tell me what to do.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Yeah, they could definitely do that. They could ultimately decide not to change anything. If they do they won’t be following the CDC guidance or the recommendation of the mayor of Orange County.
Yes. Because recommending masks have worked so well so far. 🙄
Well to that regard private business like Disney could have never dropped their mask requirements. But they did. They could have reinstated it weeks ago, but didn’t.

CDC used the word recommend for a reason. Just like there was no mention of social distancing, or capacity limits, or non recommend activities. That was done for a reason which had nothing to do with COVID.

Flugell

Okay...officially..."Karen" needs to be retired. It has lost all meaning. 😂
If it really ever had a meaning. Always thought it was an insult whilst appearing to be a polite reference! My name is not Karen and don’t understand where the reference come from! I am in the U.K..

dreday3

If it really ever had a meaning. Always thought it was an insult whilst appearing to be a polite reference! My name is not Karen and don’t understand where the reference come from! I am in the U.K..

It started long ago and it was quite funny at first - referring to spoiled, middle-class white women with a certain haircut who think they can get what they want by complaining - "May I speak to your manager?" hair.

dreday3

So what’s the going thoughts on how long this wave will last? IE when will no gas settle back down I wonder?

I don't know, Florida and other hotspots probably in a month or so, then however it travels about the country.

Even though I don't think distancing/capacity restrictions will come back - if they do, my city will be first on it.
So just in case, I went ahead and made reservations in September and October at our favorite restaurants so I'm in before the capacity limits hit! 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom