Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
Honestly, the "at least one dose" numbers are misleading. So many patients don't come back for that second shot. It doesn't say how long ago that one dose was and most likely even lumps in people who got a single dose back in February. The only relevant number as far as it relates to the positivity rate would be % that are at least 2 weeks out from the 2nd dose, or 2 weeks after the one and done J&J. The list of patients I have that think one is enough is so much longer than it should be. Those people are not truly protected, and their one shot skews the interpretation of data like this.
Who the hell doesn’t go back for the second shot?! It’s like going outside with one shoe. Unless that’s the new thing with the kids on Tik Tok. But if it’s a one-shot vaccine, that’s a different story.

Wendy Pleakley

I can say skytrains between Surrey and Vancouver still have 80%+ mask usage .. I am positively surprised here.

At least during rush hour, haven't used public transit much after these .. cloud be a free for all.

And as soon as the mask mandate was lifted July 1st, I have seen transit police again. I guess they went to hiding when the whole thing started.

I am looking more pessimistic towards our late September WDW vacation now, so far we have only put our deposit in (and rebooked the flights)

I thought the borders would be fully open by September at the latest, with a good chance for August given Canada's vaccination process.

Now I just don't know.

Who knew more people wouldn't be tripping over themselves to get vaccinated and end one of the worst periods in our recent collective history...

disneyrph

Who the hell doesn’t go back for the second shot?! It’s like going outside with one shoe. Unless that’s the new thing with the kids on Tik Tok. Unless it’s a one-shot vaccine of course.
It’s amazing, really. And sad. When we try to open the discussion, we don’t know what we are talking about. This is after a full counseling at the first shot about the need for the second shot. I’m reminded daily about how social media “influencers” have somehow become the experts that people listen to, above their health care providers who have studied and earned degrees in the field.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
It’s amazing, really. And sad. When we try to open the discussion, we don’t know what we are talking about. This is after a full counseling at the first shot about the need for the second shot. I’m reminded daily about how social media has some how become the experts that people listen to, above their health care providers who have studied and earned degrees in the field.
Passing high school science seems to be enough. And even that’s pushing it. (Here come the AP Science students…)

KrzyKtty

I am in love with the facial expressions of their Sign Language Interpreter. That lady was awesome!

Last edited:

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
It’s amazing, really. And sad. When we try to open the discussion, we don’t know what we are talking about. This is after a full counseling at the first shot about the need for the second shot. I’m reminded daily about how social media “influencers” have somehow become the experts that people listen to, above their health care providers who have studied and earned degrees in the field.
Nothing good comes from social media. Except this post.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
The cvs nearby has a drive theough . Two lanes for drive through only the inner one can be used for covid testing ( But it can be used for regular Rx too).

There was a super long line of cars for that one( never seen it like that.) The other lane was empty. Seems a lot of testing is going on.
Curious about how many people getting tested are vaccinated and want to know if they have contracted the delta?

It's gotta be frustrating to be told that if you get vaccinated you don't have to worry and then they flip flop on that.

HeartOfTeFiti

The cvs nearby has a drive theough . Two lanes for drive through only the inner one can be used for covid testing ( But it can be used for regular Rx too).

There was a super long line of cars for that one( never seen it like that.) The other lane was empty. Seems a lot of testing is going on.
I wonder though if more people are in situations where they need to provide periodic test results. It might be that, as opposed to more people thinking they are actually infected. Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom