Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

disneyrph

I wonder though if more people are in situations where they need to provide periodic test results. It might be that, as opposed to more people thinking they are actually infected. Maybe?
2-3 weeks ago, most of our tests being administered were for travel. Now, we are seeing more symptomatic tests than travel. (at least where I am)

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Orange County Mayor expects Walt Disney world to follow New CDC guidelines.
Would not surprise me if the big three if follow the language from California where they strongly recommend but do not take action against those who don’t wear masks and rely on individuals to make their own risk assessment.

Doesn’t please everyone but doesn’t tick everyone off as well.

HeartOfTeFiti

We just need to get kids vaccinated. I have a 6 mo old that just got tested and he’s in rough shape. Once kids can get vaccinated, it should be easier to move on from restrictions
Do you mean that he's in "rough shape" because the test is unpleasant, especially for a little one, or do you mean that he does actually have covid? So sorry that he's sick and had to have an unpleasant test :(

dolbyman

I thought the borders would be fully open by September at the latest, with a good chance for August given Canada's vaccination process.

Now I just don't know.

Who knew more people wouldn't be tripping over themselves to get vaccinated and end one of the worst periods in our recent collective history...
Well .. Canada is opening the land borders for the US in early August, same is not the case in return. I need my trader Joes frozen Pretzels.. how is German guy expected to survive without Pretzels? ;)

Same with Germany, my sister is supposed to fly in from Germany for the Sep/Oct trip. US citizens are allowed to travel to Europe for months now...NOT the case for Europeans in return. *sigh*

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Would not surprise me if the big three if follow the language from California where they strongly recommend but do not take action against those who don’t wear masks and rely on individuals to make their own risk assessment.

That is basically the current rule. Masks are still required today for unvaccinated people indoors at WDW but they are not enforcing that rule by checking for vaccination status.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
That is basically the current rule. Masks are still required today for unvaccinated people indoors at WDW but they are not enforcing that rule by checking for vaccination status.
Disney has always followed very closely to CDC. The CDC says strongly recommend, then Disney will do the same. It could be as simple as a sign or an announcement.

Wendy Pleakley

Well .. Canada is opening the land borders for the US in early August, same is not the case in return. I need my trader Joes frozen Pretzels.. how is German guy expected to survive without Pretzels? ;)

Same with Germany, my sister is supposed to fly in from Germany for the Sep/Oct trip. US citizens are allowed to travel to Europe for months now...NOT the case for Europeans in return. *sigh*

In fairness the land border is a partial opening. A COVID test is still required, so this will more likely mean things like separated families will have extended visits, but casual day trips are still not likely.

KrzyKtty

That link you can look up the Transmission rates in your county within NJ.

This link you can look up daily cases, daily deaths, and cumulative information for the same.

Finally, forecasting information.

Jwink

Things are different in Florida and that would be exactly the same as it is now. Florida is literally drowning in covid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom