• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Flugell

I may be wrong on this…but they delayed the end of their restrictions longer than Boris demanded until 7/21 to get to an overall vax rate that was deemed sufficient.
It’s still a bit of a social variant - however.
We kept masks and social distancing long after the USA!
Although we have had many sports events with huge crowds most of them had to provide evidence of vaccination or a negative Covid tests. For example

Shops and businesses are allowed to request people to continue to wear masks and announcements to that effect are made regularly over the tannoy. Not perfect but sounds better than the USA from what I’ve read here. Vaccination rates continue to improve but weirdly not so much in London.
Despite this Delta has still caused huge anxiety in the same way it has with you.😷

Chip Chipperson

I am sure it's happening. I don't know anyone personally but it has to have happened.

I stumbled on this earlier today. Not Disney but Universal. Came from my home state too

It definitely sucks for that woman that she was so sick, but I can't help but point out how irresponsible her husband was to take the rest of the family to the parks knowing she was sick during a pandemic. The thought that she might have COVID-19 had to have crossed their minds when she started feeling sick. They could have spread the virus all day to other guests, but at least they had fun!

helenabear

It definitely sucks for that woman that she was so sick, but I can't help but point out how irresponsible her husband was to take the rest of the family to the parks knowing she was sick during a pandemic. The thought that she might have COVID-19 had to have crossed their minds when she started feeling sick. They could have spread the virus all day to other guests, but at least they had fun!
Trust me, that was not lost on me as well. Would have been one thing if they'd have been vaccinated , but this? I cannot help but think of all they possibly exposed in the process. This is why I felt more comfortable going when the teens at least had a shot in their system. People are so irresponsible and careless sometimes.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
no comment…just let this kinda “covid debate” wash over you

Tony the Tigger

OMG. Enough with the disinformation! That is very destructive and dangerous. Who else is starting to get PTraumaSD? Just me?
I was cured after using the ignore button.
Maybe September 2022 (fifteen anniversary of our DisneyMoon)
That month is our 15th as well! Hoping to be able to celebrate on our first Disney cruise.
My wife didn't get COVID and she had severely ill COVID patients coughing in her face last year.
Last year is irrelevant. Delta is different.

Someone posted the article link earlier but this bears emphasizing:

F25B4976-1A08-4767-8AF2-FAEFEDB69DC2.jpeg

We’re seeing over 10K cases a day again (which the government doesn’t want to tell us until Friday.)

Someone disputed when I said Florida was a mess a few days ago.

Some people still won’t acknowledge the train is coming towards them until it hits them.

Remember when they were saying, “But…but…deaths aren’t up!”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I am sure it's happening. I don't know anyone personally but it has to have happened.

I stumbled on this earlier today. Not Disney but Universal. Came from my home state too
Remember: only old people are vulnerable

she obviously staged the whole thing on fauci’s orders

BuddyThomas

Yup, and this too, which is infuriating:

It took watching her 28 year old son die to make her realize "we need the vaccine"???? Seriously???? How ignorant can some people in this country be?????

DisneyCane

Surprising and depressing, isn't it?
I wonder when WDW attendance numbers will start to drop at this point.
They won't. The people who are going right now are not the ones who care about COVID. Either they are fully vaccinated or they don't see it as a risk.

I was there two days after the indoor mask policy was dropped and fewer than 5% of people still wore them. This is contrasted with up to 70% wearing them when they don't have to near where I live depending on the particular area.

I think it is more likely for the attendance to drop if they bring back the mask policy.

LaughingGravy

So between cash strapped Disney (golden parachutes not withstanding because those guys are worth it:rolleyes:), Delta variant, increased prices for a vastly inferior product (Monte Cristo in DL recently) and operating with only a fraction of resorts and other facilities such as restaurants, we can expect the same.

I am glad to be in the know and not putting my money toward the place.

Bjmach

I’m here now. Either folks are not concerned or don’t watch the news because so far on this trip. Have been to Disney Springs, Magic Kingdom and Epcot and have only seen roughly 10% wearing masks.

DisneyCane

I can’t stop laughing. That’s all I can do when faced with this bananas bonanza. It writes itself! So, what happens when this tactic fails them the next time around, too? I guess they’re happy to just continue sacrificing their constituents.
There's a thing called personal responsibility. They aren't sacrificing anybody. The constituents who decide not to be vaccinated are putting themselves at much higher risk than necessary.

DisneyCane

Those who are unvaccinated are choosing to put everyone else at risk...let's face it, they aren't doing what they're supposed to, period.
Everyone unvaccinated for the most part who. But the unvaccinated are putting themselves at risk in the first place.

Yes, they are also putting the immunocompromised and people who can't be vaccinated at risk. Unfortunately people in those categories will likely be at some level of risk for quite a while, if not forever.

DisneyCane

Despite removing mitigation measures, the UK Delta variant spike seems to clearly be on the decline. I expect the same thing will happen in FL and other areas of the US, just offset in time.

ltc.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom