Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

correcaminos

Well... tell the FDA to take the warning off of it.

I have extremely low chances of having a serious case of covid and I can help control my chances of catching covid to begin with - I was doing a very good job of that.
You have far less chance of developing GBS than catching covid. That's how rare this is. There are other shots I've taken that have a higher chance of GBS and even then it's uber rare. The FDA lists pretty much all worse case scenarios. They even say it's super rare but have to say it just in case.

42 days is their outlier number. If you are more than 2 or so weeks out, try to stop stressing.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
I didn't say they were "about the same." I was pointing out the increases since 6/1 in multiples of cases. FL started at a higher level on 6/1 so 5x FL is still more cases per 100k than 6x CA. I was speculating that it is within the realm of possibility that this wave reaches the same level in cases per 100k as a peak but FL reaches the peak faster.

The CA numbers illustrate the ridiculousness of the narrative that "if we had just done the right thing last summer everywhere, COVID would have been gone." CA "followed the science" and has had pretty high vaccine acceptance yet cases are still increasing at a pretty high rate.
I hope there will be a vaccine mandate by end of August as FDA approval COVID-19 vaccine like Pfizer and Moderna soon:cool:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
If the localities that are releasing the unvaccinated vs. vaccinated numbers are falsifying to promote vaccination then they are doing a terrible disservice because their numbers give people like me the ammunition to say that if you are fully vaccinated, you are fine. If that data is inaccurate, it may be the worst falsehood anybody has told during the entire pandemic.

IF it somehow turns out that protection from the vaccines doesn't even last six months, the best strategy is to let it rip through the unvaccinated population ASAP worldwide. Otherwise, there is no possibility of ever reaching herd immunity. Every booster required is going to end up with fewer people getting the shot. If they said that you need a booster in less than a year, I'd be shocked if more than 80% who are fully vaccinated get the booster. The alternative of mitigation forever isn't going to fly anywhere that isn't an authoritarian dictatorship that executes people for breaking protocol.
Yup, we're doomed as vaccines as useless for six months....:eek:

Lilofan

If the localities that are releasing the unvaccinated vs. vaccinated numbers are falsifying to promote vaccination then they are doing a terrible disservice because their numbers give people like me the ammunition to say that if you are fully vaccinated, you are fine. If that data is inaccurate, it may be the worst falsehood anybody has told during the entire pandemic.

IF it somehow turns out that protection from the vaccines doesn't even last six months, the best strategy is to let it rip through the unvaccinated population ASAP worldwide. Otherwise, there is no possibility of ever reaching herd immunity. Every booster required is going to end up with fewer people getting the shot. If they said that you need a booster in less than a year, I'd be shocked if more than 80% who are fully vaccinated get the booster. The alternative of mitigation forever isn't going to fly anywhere that isn't an authoritarian dictatorship that executes people for breaking protocol.
If the idea of let it rip through the unvaccinated worldwide, then companies may need to be making millions more of body bags.

DisneyCane

If the idea of let it rip through the unvaccinated worldwide, then companies may need to be making millions more of body bags.
If the vaccines don't even protect for six months as some seem to be suggesting then what's the difference? The body bags will be needed sooner or later.

DisneyCane

So the vaccines might go longer protection for years to come by fall. By the way in by fall/winter like September, is NJ Transit will lift indoor masks for trains and buses by September 13th. @GoofGoof and is the wave will be massive bigger by Christmas and Thanksgiving?

Also this is getting too much over there.

Wasn't it a week and a half or so ago that Fauci said there was no change in guidance being considered and that if you are fully vaccinated you are well protected? Don't give me the "that's how science works" line because if he couldn't see the trend and predict where "the numbers" were going two weeks ago then he is incompetent as has no business advising the President.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
If the vaccines don't even protect for six months as some seem to be suggesting then what's the difference? The body bags will be needed sooner or later.

The data is pretty solid that that vaccines do a very good job protecting you from serious disease and death for at least 6 months. What is being debated is the data from Israel showing that the protection from infection and mild disease wears off quickly. There is some question as to the quality of this data so is important to understand if this data is valid and why this data doesn't align with data from other countries.

jlhwdw

The science for the vaccinated has not changed. The spread among the unvaccinated has gotten so out of hand that short of vaccine passports/requirements, everyone masking is the only option. Since we can't trust the unvaccinated to continue to mask or get their shot, everyone has to mask up again.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Wasn't it a week and a half or so ago that Fauci said there was no change in guidance being considered and that if you are fully vaccinated you are well protected? Don't give me the "that's how science works" line because if he couldn't see the trend and predict where "the numbers" were going two weeks ago then he is incompetent as has no business advising the President.

How much is Fauci in the loop when it comes to CDC guidance?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The data is pretty solid that that vaccines do a very good job protecting you from serious disease and death for at least 6 months. What is being debated is the data from Israel showing that the protection from infection and mild disease wears off quickly. There is some question as to the quality of this data so is important to understand if this data is valid and why this data doesn't align with data from other countries.
This is an important point. Even the study in Israel shows the vaccines 90%+ effective at preventing death and even hospitalization. If you are fully vaccinated it’s undisputed that you are highly safe from a serious negative outcome.

I agree that the debate is whether the fully vaccinated are much more likely to get and most importantly spread Covid even if it’s mild 6 months past vaccination. That study is now being pointed to as a primary reason masks, distancing and capacity limits should be put back in place for all people including the fully vaccinated. Basically the same argument that has been going on since May.

DisneyDebRob

The weekly shot at Fauci. Thanks for not disappointing.

DisneyDebRob

Southern border is a sieve with 1000's pouring in on a daily basis-they are maskless, few if any have been vacinated but they are being given a free pass into our country. Not sure who is making policy but these illegal immigrants are sure putting our citizens at risk.
We don’t need to go to the border to see who’s putting our people at risk. Just look at the millions upon millions that won’t get vaccinated.

Rumrunner

We don’t need to go to the border to see who’s putting our people at risk. Just look at the millions upon millions that won’t get vaccinated.

Whether people get vaccinated or not is their choice. It is not the choice of Fauci, you, or the govt.

The border is a health disaster and if you want to ignore it then you are a part of the problem.

ImperfectPixie

The gullible sheep are those that live in fear of a virus that has minimum effect on young health people. The old and those with conditions should get vaccinated and most have-we really need to focus of the minorities to get vaccinated. The percentage of them without vaccinations are the highest in the nation.

Is that who you are condemning or have you done your homework on the topic?
I'm not talking about the marginalized portion of the population or those who are vaccine-hesitant.

I'm talking about those who flat-out refuse to be vaccinated because they've been duped by people who pretend to know better because they personally gain from misinforming people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom