Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heppenheimer

I was thinking the same thing. How do we know they didn’t have cognitive impairment prior to having Covid. It would be really interesting to see the NCAA run a study like this since they have a lot of baseline data stored for athletes due to concussion protocols. They could look at the pre and post Covid brain function of athletes who tested positive.
See me previous comment, that study had a matched control group for people who weren't infected. Unless COVID had a disproportionate predilection for the cognitively slow (and remember, this study includes data from long before the vaccines came on line, so we can't blame dummies who refuse inoculation), it seems pretty compelling.

Trauma

To clarify, we wouldn’t be happy either about wearing masks in the summer heat. But like you we would gladly make the sacrifice to get past this thing so we can all move on.
If you think wearing a mask is the sacrifice we have to make to Move past this thing then go for it.

No law stopping you from wearing one.

Trauma

I would not gladly return to mask wearing as a fully vaccinated person. If the vax numbers don't rise in response to the increase in "cases" they aren't going to rise due to mask wearing. If the vast, vast majority of cases and almost all severe cases are unvaccinated people, I'm not gladly doing anything to protect people who choose not to get vaccinated.

Does anybody have the LA county data to see what the effect of reinstituting an indoor mask mandate has had on case numbers?
This is what it’s going to do in LA county.

Nothing.

Cases will continue to rise until it peaks and then they will fall.

Same as every other time.

Trauma

That's the thing though...forcing mask wearing affects those refusing to vaccinate directly, and they don't like that.
They just use it as another excuse to not get vaccinated.

See the vaccine doesn’t work, we have to wear masks anyways.

Her der derp ferp blop.

Let them get vaccinated the hard way.

Lilofan

They just use it as another excuse to not get vaccinated.

See the vaccine doesn’t work, we have to wear masks anyways.

Her der derp ferp blop.

Let them get vaccinated the hard way.
Get vax or become a vax evangelist and then these anti vax individuals make others see the light to get vax

mf1972

That's the thing though...forcing mask wearing affects those refusing to vaccinate directly, and they don't like that.
this reminds me of some of my coworkers who always remove their mask at their workstations. they’ll wear the mask while in the room with a patient, but it’s instantly off while at their workstation with other coworkers around.
it’s gotten to a point where those of us who call them out on it have given up. some of them are unvaccinated, & 1 of them just came back 2 weeks ago after having covid. that person was also unvaccinated.
my hospital recently announced all employees must be vaccinated by 10/1. i’ve heard some people say they’re going to challenge it. i say good luck with that.

Lilofan

this reminds me of some of my coworkers who always remove their mask at their workstations. they’ll wear the mask while in the room with a patient, but it’s instantly off while at their workstation with other coworkers around.
it’s gotten to a point where those of us who call them out on it have given up. some of them are unvaccinated, & 1 of them just came back 2 weeks ago after having covid. that person was also unvaccinated.
my hospital recently announced all employees must be vaccinated by 10/1. i’ve heard some people say they’re going to challenge it. i say good luck with that.
At the local hospital, the staff have two options, get vax or apply for religious exception. If the ones that don't get vax, do not apply for the exception, they will be immediately fired.

Trauma

At the local hospital, the staff have two options, get vax or apply for religious exception. If the ones that don't get vax, do not apply for the exception, they will be immediately fired.
So then they just apply for the exception then.

Doesn’t sound like a huge deterrent, Is it just some paperwork ?

Lilofan

So then they just apply for the exception then.

Doesn’t sound like a huge deterrent, Is it just some paperwork ?
The way an RN explained to one of my family it is paperwork but some want to even challenge that. Some just want to start trouble.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Some data from the CDC for Florida -

Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 3.09.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 3.16.04 PM.png

correcaminos

Is there any serious religion that officially opposes vaccination on general principle? I don't think even Jehovah's Witnesses are against it.
Christian Scientists are. A few other "faith healing" religions as well. A friend of mine grew up in one and couldn't even use medicated lip balm. There was a discussion on what to do for their broken arm too. As an adult they do not practice.

Angel Ariel

Christian Scientists are. A few other "faith healing" religions as well. A friend of mine grew up in one and couldn't even use medicated lip balm. There was a discussion on what to do for their broken arm too. As an adult they do not practice.
Yup. I have an elderly family member who grew up Christian Scientist. She refuses the vaccine. So we just don’t see her until DD has a chance to get vaccinated. She doesn’t like that, but it’s her choice 🤷‍♀️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom