Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyCane

Ah sorry I missed the tone. I know my family has been doing their part. Seems with many out there who are marginalized, if they see great outcomes of loved ones, they are more willing to try. In part of why I've been so vocal and did my part to get family their shots asap (well outside of my BIL, who is insanely hard to get a hold of and stay on the phone for long enough to talk lol). I have a cousin who refuses still but oddly she denies her heritage and has joined groups of crazy Trumpers thanks to her fiancé, but her sister was one of the first to get it at least. Sadly she had a freak allergic reaction to the 2nd dose and was advised no more if boosters. Ripping the family apart... but we're all trying here at least.

A lot of Native American tribes have pulled together to do similar. It really has worked. Seeing your own really helps. Wish we could do more.
Sometimes it is hard to get the intended tone across when posting. In hindsight I should have put a smiley after the joke.

I do whatever I can to convince all people to get vaccinated. Since I am not a member of some of the resistant communities I am not able to convince by example but I do try to use my relationships with people and trust they have in me to convince them.

In FL, Miami-Dade county has the highest percentage of Hispanics of any county as far as I'm aware and also has the highest vaccination rate. Stats like that give me some hope.

JoeCamel

Sometimes it is hard to get the intended tone across when posting. In hindsight I should have put a smiley after the joke.

I do whatever I can to convince all people to get vaccinated. Since I am not a member of some of the resistant communities I am not able to convince by example but I do try to use my relationships with people and trust they have in me to convince them.

In FL, Miami-Dade county has the highest percentage of Hispanics of any county as far as I'm aware and also has the highest vaccination rate. Stats like that give me some hope.
Miami Dade was also one of the hardest hit areas so the residents have lots of first hand knowledge of how bad it is. Great motivator to avoid it.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"AdventHealth is shifting to yellow status. This means it will limit visitors, defer scheduling new elective cases that require inpatient admission, and require masks hospital-wide, the system announced Thursday on a Facebook livestream.

This change comes after perhaps the fastest increase in hospitalizations over the entire pandemic, said Neil Finkler, chief clinical officer for AdventHealth’s seven county Central Florida division. There are currently about 720 people hospitalized, compared to January’s peak of about 900.

The color shift reflects staffing and resource capabilities. At green, the hospital was operating at business as usual. The hospital had been green for the last few months, but they are “proactively” moving to yellow status given the potential for capacity constraints in the future.

Visitor restrictions include a limit of two visitors at a time for people who do not have Covid-19, one visitor a day for people with Covid-19, and Covid-19 positive patients under 18 will be allowed two adult caregivers per day, Finkler said."

LittleBuford

Right, except…

View attachment 573902

So which one of these 0 deaths in people aged under 40 in Alabama (where she supposedly works) the last 4 months was it- that she was hugging the relatives of in sympathy? Also hugging strangers after working with positive patients is allowed now?

It’s ironic how so many say to fact check…
I reread the article and don’t see her referring to the ages of those who died under her care. Am I missing something?

Ariel1986

I reread the article and don’t see her referring to the ages of those who died under her care. Am I missing something?

“I’m admitting young healthy people to the hospital with very serious COVID infections,” wrote Cobia, a hospitalist at Grandview Medical Center in Birmingham, in an emotional Facebook post Sunday. “One of the last things they do before they’re intubated is beg me for the vaccine. I hold their hand and tell them that I’m sorry, but it’s too late.

A few days later when I call time of death,” continued Cobia on Facebook, “I hug their family members and I tell them the best way to honor their loved one is to go get vaccinated and encourage everyone they know to do the same.”

Ok maybe she’s referring to “healthy young people” as the patients over 40- or perhaps this is referring to the deaths in the last week not on the data as others have stated. I don’t agree, but let’s say that’s so- why are you all glossing over the “hugging” of family members after the patients have died? What dr working with positive covid patients thinks that’s a good idea- especially as she’s describing these family members as unvaccinated?

If as @DisneyCane pointed out you don’t see the buzz phrases of the words here being unrealistic and the article clearly just being a push for vaccine uptake, I don’t see how you can analyse any media on either side as one to take stock from.

LaughingGravy

The nurse definitely wasn't referring to the ages of those who died asking for a too late vaccination under her care as a main point.
I think the intent of the post by Ariel1986 was to indicate 0 deaths from covid during those months ( using a table with data that not only didn't make sense, but was also missing a lot) , so how could the nurse possibly be telling the truth and that it was a fact check, so therefore the nurse was lying.

There are going to be a lot of dead people soon in some states who will be surprised that they were mislead. Hopefully their relatives and friends will be encouraged to get vaccinated based on reality smacking them in the face.

If not, hey, there are lots of opportunities to do research and not dismiss reports based on reality because they come from the "Main Stream Media". We are seeing the consequences of that, which is actually kind of refreshing.

There are a surprising number of leaders not disclosing their vaccination status, while still perpetuating and even passing laws banning things meant for the public good in the name of "individual liberty".
This a huge do as I say, not as I do, but with deadly consequences.
Some are only indicating to vax now, as they see their constituent numbers declining permanently ( dying).

Yes, the article is clearly a push for vaccine uptake! I wonder why?!

Disney Experience

Well her wording dies seem to imply young people being intubated and later she is signing the death certificate.

Before she did the interview with al.com she posted on her facebook page:

She may be conflating different anecdotal events, or the data may not be complete.

In any case it is only one doctor’s clinical experience if true( If true the experience is saddening). If not trthen it is unnecessary dramatization even if with good intentions.

It is not a primary sourced peer review study, just a potential anecdotal experience of a clinician.

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

Well her wording dies seem to imply young people being intubated and later she is signing the death certificate.

She may be conflating different anecdotal events, or the data may not be complete.

In any case it is only one doctor’s clinical experience if true( If trye the experience is saddening). If not trthen it is unnecessary dramatization even if with good intentions.

It is not a primary sourced peer review study, just a potential anecdotal experience of a clinician.

Regardless, the numbers from the CDC and Reuters prove that she's not lying about people dying.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
About half the people in the US will be ok.
To be fully accurate 59.6% of adults are fully vaccinated so very likely to be OK. Most kids too if we are only talking about serious illness and/or death. It’s not lost on me that the 40% of adults not fully vaccinated represents over 100M souls at risk and over 80M of them have no protection at all from vaccination. Tragically sad to see. The more cases ramp up the more of those 100M people shift to the immune column the “hard way” :(

For those looking for a silver lining we are still doing over 2M first shots a week so we aren’t done with vaccinations yet.

Disney Experience

The nurse definitely wasn't referring to the ages of those who died asking for a too late vaccination under her care as a main point.
I think the intent of the post by Ariel1986 was to indicate 0 deaths from covid during those months ( using a table with data that not only didn't make sense, but was also missing a lot) , so how could the nurse possibly be telling the truth and that it was a fact check, so therefore the nurse was lying.

There are going to be a lot of dead people soon in some states who will be surprised that they were mislead. Hopefully their relatives and friends will be encouraged to get vaccinated based on reality smacking them in the face.

If not, hey, there are lots of opportunities to do research and not dismiss reports based on reality because they come from the "Main Stream Media". We are seeing the consequences of that, which is actually kind of refreshing.

There are a surprising number of leaders not disclosing their vaccination status, while still perpetuating and even passing laws banning things meant for the public good in the name of "individual liberty".
This a huge do as I say, not as I do, but with deadly consequences.
Some are only indicating to vax now, as they see their constituent numbers declining permanently ( dying).

Yes, the article is clearly a push for vaccine uptake! I wonder why?!
I think she is a doctor not a nurse. She put MD after her name in her facebook post.

ImperfectPixie

I listened to a few minutes of a live-stream about breakthrough cases and Delta on a local news channel's Facebook page this morning. The comments were astounding...FILLED with people saying they'd rather go back to full remote learning than have to mask up again. Never mind that tons of children didn't do well with remote, or that parents need to work, or that it was twice as much work for teachers...as long as they don't need to wear a piece of cloth on their face.

I can't even with people's selfishness anymore.

LaughingGravy

In any case it is only one doctor’s clinical experience if true( If trye the experience is saddening). If not trthen it is unnecessary dramatization even if with good intentions.

I've got quite a few anecdotal stories of people we knew who died of this or are still having severe side effects of having covid-19. I choose not to post on social media sites (aside form this forum) and I'm not in the medical field.

I guess the anecdotal stories must come from those directly affected for anything to carry any weight for some.

I have a pilot's license and I don't need to hear only directly from the pilot who made the mistake in order to take action ( be aware) of a potential catastrophe and take further action to prevent it to the best of my ability.

Ariel1986

If not true then it is unnecessary dramatization even if with good intentions.

This is what does- and continues to annoy me. Unnecessary dramatisation has been a problem from the beginning of the pandemic and is still going strong, in person to the media to this thread- and it’s not always with good intentions. A lot of the time it isn’t. Some people love the drama and the “omg” fear- and it can be dangerous, can have consequences and is unnecessary. That’s what irritated me about this article & it just being posted & passed off as fact.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I listened to a few minutes of a live-stream about breakthrough cases and Delta on a local news channel's Facebook page this morning. The comments were astounding...FILLED with people saying they'd rather go back to full remote learning than have to mask up again. Never mind that tons of children didn't do well with remote, or that parents need to work, or that it was twice as much work for teachers...as long as they don't need to wear a piece of cloth on their face.

I can't even with people's selfishness anymore.
People who comment on these things are usually the outliers looking to get others all riled up....that is social media.

ImperfectPixie

This is what does- and continues to annoy me. Unnecessary dramatisation has been a problem from the beginning of the pandemic and is still going strong, in person to the media to this thread- and it’s not always with good intentions. A lot of the time it isn’t. Some people love the drama and the “omg” fear- and it can be dangerous, can have consequences and is unnecessary. That’s what irritated me about this article & it just being posted & passed off as fact.
She is a DOCTOR. If her story makes more people get vaccinated, that's a GOOD THING.

Ariel1986

She is a DOCTOR. If her story makes more people get vaccinated, that's a GOOD THING.

And if her story turned out to be untrue, or at best over dramatised- how is that helpful in trying to convince people to listen to Drs who are “trustworthy and only state facts” ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom