Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
How many anti vax people do you know?

They go from one excuse to another.

Your hope of people changing their mind is a pipe dream.

It will be a statistically inconsequential number of people who suddenly wake up and decide to vaccinate.
What are the excuses they go through?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
How many anti vax people do you know?

They go from one excuse to another.

Your hope of people changing their mind is a pipe dream.

It will be a statistically inconsequential number of people who suddenly wake up and decide to vaccinate.

There is a whole spectrum of people who are vaccine resistant, not all are anti-vax. I can't remember where the numbers came from but I believe @GoofGoof found that as of a few weeks ago the US was still doing 100's of thousands of first doses per day. Some of this is people who are just becoming eligible for one reason or another, but there are clearly still people out there who are opting to get vaccinated.

disneygeek90

There was no way the USA was going to stay locked down that long.
What about this is a lock down?

lock·down

-the confining of prisoners to their cells, typically after an escape or to regain control during a riot.
"the lockdown has been in effect since October 1983"
-a state of isolation or restricted access instituted as a security measure.

Willmark

The article says the ship is leading a deployment that has a total of 3,700 personnel, but that doesn't answer your question about how many people are on the ship itself.
Roughly:
Capacity 1,600
Troops 250
Complement 679

Given it’s peacetime I doubt they are at capacity. 679 is the easier number for complement aka naval personal to run the ship.

Troops are I assume Royal Marines listed at 250

Biggest question I would have is what is the size of the air wings currently aboard.

So this gives ballpark numbers but without the air wing sizes hard to say.

TrainsOfDisney

Just wondering, how long did people think restrictions/lockdowns were going to continue for?
Lockdowns ended a while ago in most places in the USA. Restrictions as far as masks and distancing? Until the fall at least. I work in live entertainment and everyone I know in the industry (including some high ups at Disney, Vegas shows, etc. ) were expecting masks and distancing all summer. That’s what Chapek said on the conference call as well.
Almost all the cases are non vaccinated.

The only people who should be worried are the non vaccinated.
96% isn’t 99%. Delta is still brand new. What is the number? 80%? 60%? When should people start to worry?

Willmark

How is wearing masks and having social distancing in place the same as 'locked down'?
Change it to “there is no way the US was going to continue to wear masks for that long.” Point is still the same, there wasn’t much stomach for continued mask wearing and lockdowns.

Willmark

Lockdowns ended a while ago in most places in the USA. Restrictions as far as masks and distancing? Until the fall at least. I work in live entertainment and everyone I know in the industry (including some high ups at Disney, Vegas shows, etc. ) were expecting masks and distancing all summer. That’s what Chapek said on the conference call as well.
Key word in this is expecting. Clearly that upset the Apple cart as it were when your expectations weren’t met?

Willmark

What about this is a lock down?

lock·down

-the confining of prisoners to their cells, typically after an escape or to regain control during a riot.
"the lockdown has been in effect since October 1983"
-a state of isolation or restricted access instituted as a security measure.
Call it whatever you like, personally I’m not that bothered to engage in a game of schematics.

My origin question can be read as this then for those apparently being pedantic: “How long did people expect quarantine/ lockdown/ isolation/social distancing/ (whatever phrase one wants to call it) going to continue?”

As near as I can tell people expected it to be longer? Surely the answer at least for the sake of the economy wasn’t indefinitely.

Trauma

The problem with your survey is selection bias. The people who are concerned about the lack of safety measures will likely not be in a crowded indoor venue. I totally agree with the top. Vaccinated people probably care more about safety measures then unvaccinated people.
No just wrong. I travel from home to home for work providing an essential service.

In other words it’s not just homes of people who feel “safe”.

This is in Chicago and the Suburbs.

I visit 10-12 houses a day 6 days a week so you can do the math on how many people I meet.

Before the restrictions where lifted I would estimate 90% of people answered their door with a mask on and of course I had mine on 100% of the time.

In the last 3 weeks not a single person has answered their door with a mask on.

I still have my mask incase anyone feels more comfortable.

Not once has the word mask even come up accept for something like “sure is nice not to wear masks anymore right?”

So thats around 200-210 homes in the Chicago metro area without ONE SINGLE PERSON wanting me to mask up.

Willmark

There really is very limited inconvenience wearing a mask in AC while at a theme park that you most definitely don't need to be at.
Great if that’s your stance, but not what I asked. In this line of questioning then: how long did you think/expect/ etc anticipate that masks would be part of everyday life?

Willmark

Do you mean “how long did people expect to wear a mask and practice distancing while in indoor public spaces and large outdoor gatherings where vaccinated and unvaccinated people are mixing?”
Sure if that’s how you want to phrase it. What was your expectations?

And to add: outdoors was a farce, always was. I was surprised that the CDC admitted their math was off and dispensed with that non-sense a few months back.

disneygeek90

Great if that’s your stance, but not what I asked. In this line of questioning then: how long did you think/expect/ etc anticipate that masks would be part of everyday life?
WDW isn't every day life (for most, anyway). This is a theme park that is bringing in a huge amount of people from airports and travel from all over the country. Surely you would expect them to be a little more cautious than your local grocery store. I'm still confused how people don't see that difference.

Like I already said, I expected masks to be required indoors until 5-12 year olds were given the green light. A higher vaccination rate and actual case declines wouldn't hurt either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom