Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Harlem

They are leaving that decision up to each individual family. There are some here that state even though they are vaccinated, that they will wear masks with their child, and I think that's great. Others will not, and that's up to them as well. Each family has to look at their situation and decide how to proceed.

While it's true the data isn't there to support a widespread mask requirement for those under 12, I don't think it's ok to mock people for still doing it. Personally, the raw data + half a school year with no large outbreaks is enough for me to be fine without it. But to each their own here.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
While it's true the data isn't there to support a widespread mask requirement for those under 12, I don't think it's ok to mock people for still doing it. Personally, the raw data + half a school year with no large outbreaks is enough for me to be fine without it. But to each their own here.
I hope you are looking at someone else, as I have never mocked anyone for wanting to continue to wear masks even when fully vaccinated. That is an individual choice for how each person feels. I don't think it's right to mock anyone either.

correcaminos

So kids wear masks outdoors (or indoors) while their parents don't? Not sure that's great policy either. I do wish the CDC would somehow address this issue, maybe with guidance that says evidence of spread among kids is low and their risk is low, so no masks for kids? I dunno, but that is the biggest problem is all this for me.
Mine did... but I never claimed to be a nice parent. My kid outdoors with his friends huddled up - masks. Spaced apart no masks. Indoors masks. I have been a few places where he was masked and I was not. At 13 risk is about the same for flu, but risks to others can still be high if they are finishing their vaccines.

Personal responsibility only goes so far. Vaccines were never about a singular person and people seem to forget that. My kid may have a miniscule risk, but others do not. We're 1 dose in for him though so soon we'll be even about 80-85% protected sans the 2nd shot. Until then we protect him and others.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So kids wear masks outdoors (or indoors) while their parents don't? Not sure that's great policy either. I do wish the CDC would somehow address this issue, maybe with guidance that says evidence of spread among kids is low and their risk is low, so no masks for kids? I dunno, but that is the biggest problem is all this for me.
Unvaccinated people still wear masks. The virus doesn’t care if you are 11 or 45. If parents don’t want their kids to wear a mask while they go maskless then they can wear a mask. If this is a big issue than the CDC should have just said we can’t allow anyone to not wear masks because it’s not fair to kids. We either follow the science or we don’t. Dropping masks is directly tied to vaccination status alone.

Giss Neric

Happy one year anniversary to hotdog grilling at Disney Springs.
E11O67PWUAYjFAg.jpeg

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I agree with this, and I think with the overall cases dropping so quickly in the US, folks are going to have to realize that the mandates will all go away fairly soon, and it’s going to be personal choices that must be made in regards to what feels safe, etc…
The mandates will go away soon for everyone, but not now. The problem is some people thinking that because the CDC guidelines changed for fully vaccinated people that means nobody needs to wear a mask

mmascari

Are there schools have been in session half a year with no masks and no outbreaks?
Or, is it schools that have been in session half a year with masks and no outbreaks?

Our school hasn't been either, but they're super paranoid and clearly not the correct model.

Nickp1983

Unvaccinated people still wear masks. The virus doesn’t care if you are 11 or 45. If parents don’t want their kids to wear a mask while they go maskless then they can wear a mask. If this is a big issue than the CDC should have just said we can’t allow anyone to not wear masks because it’s not fair to kids. We either follow the science or we don’t. Dropping masks is directly tied to vaccination status alone.
This x10000

This is what I'm talking about with personal responsibility. The virus doesn't care what's Fair. And it's a great teaching opportunity for kids. Life isn't fair.
Barry Alvarez the former football coach of Wisconsin said it best. He had it printed on his door. "Do not expect to be treated the same because you're not the same"

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
The mandates will go away soon for everyone, but not now. The problem is some people thinking that because the CDC guidelines changed for fully vaccinated people that means nobody needs to wear a mask
Late summer or early fall
we will may see mandates will go away soon...

CaptainAmerica

The virus doesn’t care if you are 11 or 45.
YES! IT LITERALLY DOES! By orders of magnitude, it does!

The risk of cases for a 45 year old versus an 11 year old is 2x.

The risk of hospitalization for a 45 year old versus an 11 year old is 15x.

The risk of death for a 45 year old versus an 11 year old is 130x!

Actually many people do.
The people who are refusing to get vaccinated *and* refusing to wear masks have *never* worn masks. No anti-vax, anti-masker just decided to stop wearing a mask a week ago.

Jrb1979

The majority of people unvaccinated and not wearing masks now... . weren't wearing masks 4 weeks ago. I can guarantee you this was part of the cdc decision. Why punish people who have been vaccinated (and also discourage people on the fence) due to a rule the people who aren't getting vaccinated already break?
Why not punish those who aren't vaccinated and put in vaccine requirements to enter some businesses.

Jrb1979

YES! IT LITERALLY DOES! By orders of magnitude, it does!

The risk of cases for a 45 year old versus an 11 year old is 2x.

The risk of hospitalization for a 45 year old versus an 11 year old is 15x.

The risk of death for a 45 year old versus an 11 year old is 130x!

The people who are refusing to get vaccinated *and* refusing to wear masks have *never* worn masks. No anti-vax, anti-masker just decided to stop wearing a mask a week ago.
It's why proof of vaccination should start to be a requirement for businesses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom