Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickp1983

Oooh. Are you going to the Flo this time?
Nope. Getting a suite with my folks at SS this time.
The GF was a free upgrade last year.
I think because we booked a dinner at V&A.. it lead to us getting that free upgrade. But... it unfortunately didn't happen.
Long story short. Was driving. Checked into our hotel in Georgia at 8pm... 5 minutes later Disney announced they were closing due to covid. So this is our vacation... 2 years in the making!

correcaminos

Agreed. And that while could be a short while if things escalate quickly everywhere else. I still think probably end of June but stuff is moving fast and especially if vaccination pace continues or upticks and cases continue to drop despite dropping masks a lot of places. We will know more in a few weeks to a month.
I, as one who has been more conservative, doesn't even want to guess about indoors. The kids are the driving force I think? Outdoors it sounds like they had it in the works actually with how rehearsed he was. You know like A B and C were provisioned for and they just have to put it in place. When they limited shields for some CMs I really got the vibe this was in the works.

Could be totally wrong, but I can see outdoors gone for summer aka Memorial Day or shortly after. We just need signage.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
I think because we booked a dinner at V&A.. it lead to us getting that free upgrade. But... it unfortunately didn't happen.
Long story short. Was driving. Checked into our hotel in Georgia at 8pm... 5 minutes later Disney announced they were closing due to covid. So this is out vacation... 2 years in the making!
What a nightmare, especially with the free upgrade! But this time'll be great, and I love the atmosphere at SS.

correcaminos

Long story short. Was driving. Checked into our hotel in Georgia at 8pm... 5 minutes later Disney announced they were closing due to covid. So this is our vacation... 2 years in the making!
I was packing at home when DLR announced. Called Memebr Services minutes after and while I was on hold WDW announced. Was supposed to be a great mother/son trip for us. I hope you have a great time this year! We'll be going shortly after you.

Nickp1983

What a nightmare, especially with the free upgrade! But this time'll be great, and I love the atmosphere at SS.
Ya, it was crazy. Wife, my 12 year old, our yellow lab (he was staying at best friends) ans myself... sitting there in shock as the vacation we planned for a year was up in smoke.
Bought my son his first suit for Victoria and Albert's.
We had the dinning plan and we had every dinner perfectly planned out.
Spent the next morning on the phone for 2 hours rebooking.... for May.... then later June.... then early July. Makes me laugh.
Oh well... the story of it is probably something we will be talking about for the rest of our life's, so there's that.

Jrb1979

I do, because continued community spread is not good for anyone, and may even come back to haunt those who are vaccinated.
Why should I care when the CDC or most of the US doesn't care. They aren't even close to 50% of the entire population vaccinated yet and are dropping restrictions.

DCBaker

Premium Member
At his presser today, Mayor Demings says Orange County has hit the metric for Phase 2 (removal of masks outdoors). Here is the current vaccination status for OC -

Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 4.40.42 PM.png

Flugell

I'm in FL as well. Daily life won't change too much with this.......

But it is exciting to me. I see this as a huge step to declaring the pandemic over, which is awesome.
Don’t want to rain on your parade but pandemic over? Ask India, Brazil, Nepal etc.
It may be over, I hope so, in your vicinity but this pandemic is not over by any stretch of the imagination.
Pandemic means :-
AA4909CB-203C-429F-BBFA-E70EB220DA57.png
so nowhere near the end.

Patcheslee

Indiana gave 4092 first doses to 12-15yos yesterday, there are 360800 eligible in that age group according to the state site.

JoeCamel

Don’t want to rain on your parade but pandemic over? Ask India, Brazil, Nepal etc.
It may be over, I hope so, in your vicinity but this pandemic is not over by any stretch of the imagination.
Pandemic means :-
View attachment 557531
so nowhere near the end.
At least a year then mopping up much like polio and other diseases have run their course. It will never be gone completely

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Why should I care when the CDC or most of the US doesn't care. They aren't even close to 50% of the entire population vaccinated yet and are dropping restrictions.
Just under 60% of adults in the US have received at least one dose in the US (59.1%) so I’m not sure why you have decided that most of the US doesn’t care about people getting vaccinated. The CDC sets recommendations based on what they feel is in the best interest of the country. Just because you don‘t agree with their recommendations doesn’t mean they don’t care about vaccinations. Clearly Joe Biden cares about people getting vaccinated. It’s the single biggest issue in his first year as president and the success or failure of the vaccination effort will ultimately define a big part of his first term in office. You are way off base to assume nobody cares. A very small minority of people here don’t care. Don't give them more credit then they deserve. They are completely meaningless to the vaccination effort. If we get everyone else vaccinated that small portion (20% or so) make no difference. We will have gotten through this without them.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Just under 60% of adults in the US have received at least one dose in the US (59.1%) so I’m not sure why you have decided that most of the US doesn’t care about people getting vaccinated. The CDC sets recommendations based on what they feel is in the best interest of the country. Just because you don‘t agree with their recommendations doesn’t mean they don’t care about vaccinations. Clearly Joe Biden cares about people getting vaccinated. It’s the single biggest issue in his first year as president and the success or failure of the vaccination effort will ultimately define a big part of his first term in office. You are way off base to assume nobody cares. A very small minority of people here don’t care. Don't give them more credit then they deserve. They are completely meaningless to the vaccination effort. If we get everyone else vaccinated that small portion (20% or so) make no difference. We will have gotten through this without them.
If I get vaccinated a second time, will it help our numbers? :)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Mayor Demings also notes the 14 day positivity rate is 5.7%.
Must be weighted average which makes sense to use. Total positives over 14 days divided by total tests over those 14 days vs adding the daily percent positive for each day and then dividing by 14.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom