Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flugell

I promise I was not meaning this to be a 'trick' question. And yes, they are two extremes. You, obviously, put it into better 'words' than I did. But it seems that is what it is coming to and I'm just curious over a period of time, which business model works the best.
Only number 2 and then would prefer proof of vaccination status though appreciate that’s not possible.

As I understand it :-

Option 1 defies the CDC Guidelines
Option 2 follows the CDC guidelines

Kevin_W

The Maverick is hands down the best coaster I’ve ever ridden.

I'll still a Millenium Force guy. Though I also really like Steel Vengeance (which I've heard aptly described as a cross between Millenium Force and Maverick).

Cedar Point vs. Disney is to me a bit like comparing a great pizza with a great steak - both food, but different things. sometimes you are in the mood for a thrill ride, and some times for themeing/immersion/entertainment. (Which is why Disney needs to get back to the entertainment part and not just get the rides running.)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Not sure if this was discussed here yesterday, but Chapek did a CNBC interview after the earnings call confirming that masks will be gone in Summer, said again that there will be a lot more comfortable people this Summer in Orlando. The parks talk starts around 2:37.

Do we think this means just no outdoor masks, or no masks at all?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Good read with the stories of 9 people who were vaccine hesitant but changed their minds and got the shot. Shows that not everyone who hasn’t gotten vaccinated is an anti-vaxxer or a Trump fanatical Q-Anon conspiracy theorist. These are regular people with regular concerns and in almost all cases a discussion with a person they trusted lead to them eventually changing their mind. This is why I still hold out hope we get between 70 and 80% of adults vaccinated.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Do we think this means just no outdoor masks, or no masks at all?
I believe the only way they can do it is outdoors. And I think Orange County is going to give them a big hand with that today.
Good question. I agree that it will be outdoor only at first. I think ultimately it could be a few more months before we see indoor masks gone. Even then they may be required in certain cases like on buses which are still required even for vaccinated people under the CDC guidelines from yesterday.

willtravel

I’m saying we don’t make people wear a mask for the flu because there is a vaccine and because it’s not novel so less deadly. I mean after 15+ months it’s really hard to believe we are still doing the Covid is just the flu thing.
I am not DOING the "15+ months it’s really hard to believe we are still doing the Covid is just the flu thing". I ASKED a simple question on what you meant. I never said this "Covid is just the flu thing." TYVM

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Good question. I agree that it will be outdoor only at first. I think ultimately it could be a few more months before we see indoor masks gone. Even then they may be required in certain cases like on buses which are still required even for vaccinated people under the CDC guidelines from yesterday.

Yeah, the cryptic way he spoke about it leads me to believe it will not be a full dropping of masks.

Wendy Pleakley

I really don't care about those who refuse to be vaccinated.

Don't forget there are also people who cannot be vaccinated for legitimate medical reasons. They're a big reason we want herd immunity.

I don't have sympathy either, for people who willingly put themselves at risk, but there is a bigger picture to consider.

I want those immune compromised people to be able to enjoy things like WDW as well, without being in danger.

Jrb1979

Good read with the stories of 9 people who were vaccine hesitant but changed their minds and got the shot. Shows that not everyone who hasn’t gotten vaccinated is an anti-vaxxer or a Trump fanatical Q-Anon conspiracy theorist. These are regular people with regular concerns and in almost all cases a discussion with a person they trusted lead to them eventually changing their mind. This is why I still hold out hope we get between 70 and 80% of adults vaccinated.

You have way more faith in people then I do. The "mAH freedom" crowd doesn't give much hope. Now with the mask mandates being relaxed before the majority are vaccinated gives me little hope. It's why I like the goal that has been set out here. No loosening of restrictions til the majority of the whole country is vaccinated. Having so many pockets with low vaccination rates keeps Covid around longer then it needs to be.

Mark52479

What’s the percent positive metric that triggers phase 3? Under 5% but for how long? I believe the simple average of the 14 days is under 5 based on those numbers.
I believe Mayor Demmings said phase 3 is when 50% of OC residents have been vaccinated.

That should be today.

OC will probably drop outdoor masks any day now.

DCBaker

Premium Member
I believe Mayor Demmings said phase 3 is when 50% of OC residents have been vaccinated.

That should be today.

OC will probably drop outdoor masks any day now.

That is Phase 2.

Here are details for each -

E0EgM0eXsAMWhi6 (3).jpeg
E0EgM8wWYAQ6k4d (2).jpeg

GoofGoof

Premium Member
You have way more faith in people then I do. The "mAH freedom" crowd doesn't give much hope. Now with the mask mandates being relaxed before the majority are vaccinated gives me little hope. It's why I like the goal that has been set out here. No loosening of restrictions til the majority of the whole country is vaccinated. Having so many pockets with low vaccination rates keeps Covid around longer then it needs to be.
The “mah freedom” crowd aren’t the only people not vaccinated. That’s the whole point. 20% of people say they won’t get the vaccine no matter what. That’s that crowd and it’s 60-70M people so not insignificant, but there are even more people who are unvaccinated that aren’t in that crowd. They have various reasons they didn’t get vaccinated yet. The key to getting to 70-80% vaccinated is reaching those people. Assuming they are all just in the mah freedom crowd isn’t helping.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Outdoor and soon. Inside for a while?
Agreed. And that while could be a short while if things escalate quickly everywhere else. I still think probably end of June but stuff is moving fast and especially if vaccination pace continues or upticks and cases continue to drop despite dropping masks a lot of places. We will know more in a few weeks to a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom