Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Starting Monday, anyone who lives or works in Florida will be able to receive a COVID-19 vaccine while waiting for their next flight at Miami International Airport. So can airport employees, their family and friends.

First-dose Pfizer vaccinations will be available from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, May 10, through Friday, May 14, at two different locations in the airport:

▪ Concourse D (American Airlines area), 4th Floor Auditorium, upstairs from Door 1, which is visible from the curbside area., and is pre-security.

▪ 75 Bus Road (MIA taxi overflow lot). This is a drive-thru location.

Second doses will be available at the same locations on June 1 to June 4 and on June 7 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

“We are committed to making it as easy and convenient as possible for those who live and work in Miami-Dade to get vaccinated, which is why I am so excited that we will soon be vaccinating at MIA, the daily workplace for more than 36,000 of our travel industry employees,” Miami-Dade County Mayor Daniella Levine Cava said in a news release. “Vaccination is our single best tool to beat this pandemic and truly get our community and our economy back to normal.”

Appointments are not required — which means you can just show up and wait in line. To preregister for a shot, visit miamidade.gov/vaccine or call 305-614-2014. For TTY, call 711 (Florida Relay Service) or email 311@miamidade.gov for assistance."

Tom P.

This is, to me, quite a significant sign. CNN has been one of the most consistently negative and pessimistic news outlets throughout the entire pandemic. This morning, the top story on their Web site is about how the United States is turning the corner with Covid and is full of nothing but good news and positive predictions from experts, including the expectation that both case numbers and deaths will plummet throughout the month of May.

Epcotfan21

"Starting Monday, anyone who lives or works in Florida will be able to receive a COVID-19 vaccine while waiting for their next flight at Miami International Airport. So can airport employees, their family and friends.

First-dose Pfizer vaccinations will be available from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, May 10, through Friday, May 14, at two different locations in the airport:

▪ Concourse D (American Airlines area), 4th Floor Auditorium, upstairs from Door 1, which is visible from the curbside area., and is pre-security.

▪ 75 Bus Road (MIA taxi overflow lot). This is a drive-thru location.

Second doses will be available at the same locations on June 1 to June 4 and on June 7 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

“We are committed to making it as easy and convenient as possible for those who live and work in Miami-Dade to get vaccinated, which is why I am so excited that we will soon be vaccinating at MIA, the daily workplace for more than 36,000 of our travel industry employees,” Miami-Dade County Mayor Daniella Levine Cava said in a news release. “Vaccination is our single best tool to beat this pandemic and truly get our community and our economy back to normal.”

Appointments are not required — which means you can just show up and wait in line. To preregister for a shot, visit miamidade.gov/vaccine or call 305-614-2014. For TTY, call 711 (Florida Relay Service) or email 311@miamidade.gov for assistance."

This sounds good in theory, and again I’m all for vaccinating as many people as possible, but getting the vaccine at the airport before going on vacation or a work trip seems like a terrible idea when the majority of people suffer from side effects 24-48 hours after the shot.

I certainly would not want to put myself in the situation of getting the vaccine right before a trip and feel miserable for a day or two.

ImperfectPixie

This sounds good in theory, and again I’m all for vaccinating as many people as possible, but getting the vaccine at the airport before going on vacation or a work trip seems like a terrible idea when the majority of people suffer from side effects 24-48 hours after the shot.

I certainly would not want to put myself in the situation of getting the vaccine right before a trip and feel miserable for a day or two.
I was thinking I'd do it if I were on my way home, then saw that you have to live or work in Florida.

Letting employees and their friends and family participate is a good idea, though. And no appointment necessary is good. 36,000 employees could lead to a lot of people getting jabbed.

correcaminos

I was too busy and it was way too cold to go to KI this weekend. Many friends went. Maybe 25% were wearing masks.
So when he supports masks, he’s following science and when he says they should be coming to an end, he’s under political pressure.
I will be honest, some people are simply afraid to let go. We know I'm no really political (I both like and dislike what a lot politicians do as a whole) and while I'm cool with any figureheads wearing masks even just as a sign of solidarity (don't judge the Queen or any politician here), I also see that some will make it only political. I also see the good to not always wearing masks, but that is harder unless you caption properly that no one was at risk.

Some really fear more than others.
I still see seniors in my area wearing masks with some I know with underlying conditions even though they have been vaccinated. I don't see an issue with that. I'm not a senior yet but I've been vaccinated and I still wear my mask.
I have to due to mask mandates. I have no choice in most places. Though have removed in stores that are not traditional.

First dose wouldn't worry me to do it. I'd also be cool if flying somewhere like visiting family for a week.

We're stuck thanks to dragging FDA about what to do. 2nd dose can be worse, but no one in my family had bad reactions. None of my friend's teens had issues outside of being slightly tired. Still for 2nd dose I don't want to do it less than 48 hours before we leave for our trip. Really wish we could've done shots this week or that I can schedule 2nd shot on the 1st.

Last edited:

DisneyDebRob

So when he supports masks, he’s following science and when he says they should be coming to an end, he’s under political pressure.
Have you even read some of the posts here over the last year? People calling Fauci a buffoon.. liar.. playing to the cameras.. not really a good man.. THEN when he makes a statement that they agree with or fits their narrative, they report it here as Fauci said it so it’s a good thing. I have seen so many here do that it’s sickening.
He has from the beginning followed the science. It’s taken us away from what some believe or even sounded contradictory from one day or week from the next. That’s actually science working . I so need a good “the yeti isn’t fixed yet’ argument so badly right now rather then some of the anti science fighting going in here.

FormerMember

Have you even read some of the posts here over the last year? People calling Fauci a buffoon.. liar.. playing to the cameras.. not really a good man.. THEN when he makes a statement that they agree with or fits their narrative, they report it here as Fauci said it so it’s a good thing. I have seen so many here do that it’s sickening.
He has from the beginning followed the science. It’s taken us away from what some believe or even sounded contradictory from one day or week from the next. That’s actually science working . I so need a good “the yeti isn’t fixed yet’ argument so badly right now rather then some of the anti science fighting going in here.
Anti Fauci is not anti science.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I still see seniors in my area wearing masks with some I know with underlying conditions even though they have been vaccinated. I don't see an issue with that. I'm not a senior yet but I've been vaccinated and I still wear my mask.
I see no issue with anyone deciding to wear a mask for as long as they want. It’s ironic that people who wanted to drop all mask mandates often said “people can wear masks forever if they want as long as I don’t have to” but some are the same people who now are coming down on anyone wearing a mask if they are vaccinated. As I said earlier, the end is near and the mask crusaders are quickly running out of stuff to complain about and crusade over. I was being sarcastic when I mentioned an executive order banning the wearing of masks in public soon, but it would give people a reason to continue the fight and I could think of a few politicians who are sleazy enough to actually do it. Some people just aren’t ready to give up the conflict.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
This is, to me, quite a significant sign. CNN has been one of the most consistently negative and pessimistic news outlets throughout the entire pandemic. This morning, the top story on their Web site is about how the United States is turning the corner with Covid and is full of nothing but good news and positive predictions from experts, including the expectation that both case numbers and deaths will plummet throughout the month of May.

The end is near. As much as it pains the extremes on both sides 😎🥳🎉🎊💥

Lilofan

Excellent point and if travelers are immediately going on long distance flights from Miami International to Asia, Europe with multiple connections in other countries , medical attention could not be on par with the USA if impacted ones are dealing with effects from the vaccine. Not covid related but when I suffered from altitude sickness in Bolivia the unique thing is I could buy antibiotics at the local pharmacy without a prescription, the medicines and pharmacy staff were behind bulletproof glass.

ParentsOf4

I see no issue with anyone deciding to wear a mask for as long as they want. It’s ironic that people who wanted to drop all mask mandates often said “people can wear masks forever if they want as long as I don’t have to” but some are the same people who now are coming down on anyone wearing a mask if they are vaccinated. As I said earlier, the end is near and the mask crusaders are quickly running out of stuff to complain about and crusade over. I was being sarcastic when I mentioned an executive order banning the wearing of masks in public soon, but it would give people a reason to continue the fight and I could think of a few politicians who are sleazy enough to actually do it. Some people just aren’t ready to give up the conflict.
The first issue we run into is that a few pro mask people are fanatical about it. (As are a few anti mask people.)

We clearly have a few on this thread who think, “All of you should wear masks until I think it’s safe not to.”

The second issue we run into is that a few insist that we “follow the science.” But this seems to apply only when the science agrees with what they think.

I think all you’re seeing is a bit of payback.

GaBoy

Excellent point and if travelers are immediately going on long distance flights from Miami International to Asia, Europe with multiple connections in other countries , medical attention could not be on par with the USA if impacted ones are dealing with effects from the vaccine. Not covid related but when I suffered from altitude sickness in Bolivia the unique thing is I could buy antibiotics at the local pharmacy without a prescription, the medicines and pharmacy staff were behind bulletproof glass.
In a former life I was a professional horseshoer (farrier) full time then later part time till I got hurt. When full time I lived in Pino Altos New Mexico and we had no insurance (young). So we would travel to Palomas Mexico to buy antibiotics and such. At the pharmacy there was a desk in the corner with a little man in a white coat that would write you a prescription if you described your problem for things that may be more controlled... it was a little sketchy.

hopemax

They also need their time to get vaccinated "to make sure it's safe." But if *you* are vaccinated, you better whip that thing off and go back to life ASAP. No time for you to readjust your levels of comfort at your own speed.

ImperfectPixie

In a former life I was a professional horseshoer (farrier) full time then later part time till I got hurt. When full time I lived in Pino Altos New Mexico and we had no insurance (young). So we would travel to Palomas Mexico to buy antibiotics and such. At the pharmacy there was a desk in the corner with a little man in a white coat that would write you a prescription if you described your problem for things that may be more controlled... it was a little sketchy.
Just wanted to say YAY HORSES! (Learned to ride when I was 3 and later took care of 5 show horses.)

drizgirl

They also need their time to get vaccinated "to make sure it's safe." But if *you* are vaccinated, you better whip that thing off and go back to life ASAP. No time for you to readjust your levels of comfort at your own speed.
Honest question. Are there places in the US where adults can't get the vaccine right now?

ABQ

Woah, Pino Altos, that's out there.

From Fauci, maybe by next mother's day we could be back to "normal". Another year,,,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom