Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImperfectPixie

But my point is you should be able to return to normal. You’re vaccinated. It doesn’t matter who else is. You’ve protected yourself. Those that choose not to get vaccinated are only putting themselves at risk. And to be honest at this point if you don’t get vaccinated and get sever symptoms from Covid then it’s your own damn fault
No, they're putting us all at further risk by continuing to allow the spread of the virus and increasing the odds that it will mutate and render the vaccines ineffective.

Touchdown

But my point is you should be able to return to normal. You’re vaccinated. It doesn’t matter who else is. You’ve protected yourself. Those that choose not to get vaccinated are only putting themselves at risk. And to be honest at this point if you don’t get vaccinated and get sever symptoms from Covid then it’s your own damn fault
Last I checked, I can’t see a WDW firework show, can’t go to a concert, and still need to wear a mask in public, so no I can’t. Those only happen again when we don’t have community spread, and the only way to achieve that is by getting a shot.

ColeTrain04

No, it's not. Because then we remove any incentive for people to be vaccinated.
You want people to be incentivized to get a shot. Then the CDC and other Heath experts should drop the safety measures completely for those who are vaccinated. Most of the people I know who don’t want one feel that there’s no point to it because they still have to do the same things as being unvaccinated

ImperfectPixie

You want people to be incentivized to get a shot. Then the CDC and other Heath experts should drop the safety measures completely for those who are vaccinated. Most of the people I know who don’t want one feel that there’s no point to it because they still have to do the same things as being unvaccinated
There's no way to enforce that unless we implement vaccine passports.

ColeTrain04

I guarantee there will be a load of people who get vaccinated once they’re told that vaccinated people can return to a 2019 lifestyle

peter11435

I don’t know if you’ve noticed but people in general are getting really sick of the “Covid rules” at some point we have to realize this isn’t going away and we need to get back to the way things were. There’s an inherent risk to everything you do everyday.
You know it could have went away. The only reason “this isn’t going away” is because people and governments refused to do what was necessary.

ColeTrain04

If you’re vaccinated then they have very little impact on you.
Which brings me to my to my original point of.....if you go to Disney, a concert, etc. unvaccinated and you get a sever Covid illness it’s your own damn fault. If you infect others who didn’t get a vaccine then that’s their fault for not getting vaccinated as well. At some point we as a society need to realize that it’s available and there’s no reason to not get it. I’ve protected myself

hopemax

Individual health is to Public Health, as individual purchasing decisions are to Economy.

No one ever argues that a group of people making similar purchasing decisions don't have an effect on the economy. We do it all the time when it comes to Disney. Just yesterday people recognized if individuals don't reject this new Halloween thing, for example, we're getting more Boo Bash and less MNSSHP. We're all stuck with the consequences of people not getting their vaccines. Or we all receive the benefits when people get it. There is no "my decision doesn't affect your choices."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom