Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixie225

I bet WDW will lose masks by early 2022, besides WDW, I think the masks will be gone for rest of USA by late summer/fall, but there WILL be back to old normal as possible just most likely I guess...but can I may wear my mask during winter forever when masks are gone for good after the pandemic is over?
You can wear your masks whenever and wherever you want when the pandemic is over. Might protect you from flu in winter!

MickeyLuv'r

A simple yes or no question:

Has anyone in the entire 3,200 pages of this thread effectively composed a persuasive post that substantially succeeded in you changing your position on any issue related to COVID?

(For example: deciding to get the COVID vaccine, or deciding firmly to avoid getting the COVID vaccine, or wear/not wear a mask?)

I'm not asking about that issue itself, just YES or NO.

hopemax

It raises questions in scholarly articles such as: Where did this come from?

It raises questions among conspiracy crazies such as: How can I use an unanswered question to justify my crazy xenophobic fantasies?
That is a some bat crazy rabbit hole...

It took me 30 seconds to find the nature explanation for the "there is no way to explain this in nature!" I left a hint for anyone else who cares in this post.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
You can wear your masks whenever and wherever you want when the pandemic is over. Might protect you from flu in winter!
Actually I don't wear masks at all this winter no more....I'm good as no wearing masks anymore after pandemic guys. As masks and social distancing will be gone for good, I'll enjoy victory as not wearing stupid masks anymore!:)😁😀

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
So the masks will be gone (outdoor and indoor) for good at WDW by early 2022, but USA will have masks gone for good by late summer/fall or winter this year. Dr. Fauci told us we have don't wear masks anymore by fall/winter.

Last edited:

DisneyDebRob

Looks like even if you recover from COVID-19, your risk of all-cause mortality goes up by over 50% against matched controls within 6 months (and probably beyond, but the study only looked this far):

This is the first published data that confirms what we suspected for awhile. In addition to the official death toll from COVID-19, there is also a very real indirect but delayed increase in mortality.
You do realize that half the people on this thread skipped over these findings because it doesn’t fit their narrative of the last year of if your not old you have no worries.
Scientists and doctors have been worried about this for a long time and now data is starting to prove it. Let’s hope studies that go beyond this 6 month period turn out better.

Heppenheimer

You do realize that half the people on this thread skipped over these findings because it doesn’t fit their narrative of the last year of if your not old you have no worries.
Scientists and doctors have been worried about this for a long time and now data is starting to prove it. Let’s hope studies that go beyond this 6 month period turn out better.
My gut feeling is that extending the data out beyond 6 months will show even worse outcomes.

mmascari

A simple yes or no question:

Has anyone in the entire 3,200 pages of this thread effectively composed a persuasive post that substantially succeeded in you changing your position on any issue related to COVID?

(For example: deciding to get the COVID vaccine, or deciding firmly to avoid getting the COVID vaccine, or wear/not wear a mask?)

I'm not asking about that issue itself, just YES or NO.
Yes.

mmascari

Face coverings must be worn in sections 166LG and 168LG, except while actively eating or drinking in the ticketed seat, the team said."​

It's unfortunate that this point alone will make the unvaccinated say "what's the motivation and draw of this fully vaccinated section then?"
Can people eat and drink at their seat in the other sections?

I didn't see it, or how the other sections work, in the article. That could be a difference.

Is sitting with a straw slightly in your mouth active enough? Could do that the entire game. I'm assuming they're checking the credential when entering the section so that only the section seats are the vaccinated bubble. Concessions is probably outside the bubble. If they have delivery to the seats, presumably those people need to be vaccinated too, or it pops the bubble.

Chi84

Premium Member
Can people eat and drink at their seat in the other sections?

I didn't see it, or how the other sections work, in the article. That could be a difference.

Is sitting with a straw slightly in your mouth active enough? Could do that the entire game. I'm assuming they're checking the credential when entering the section so that only the section seats are the vaccinated bubble. Concessions is probably outside the bubble. If they have delivery to the seats, presumably those people need to be vaccinated too, or it pops the bubble.
I wonder how closely they'll monitor or how strictly they'll enforce the masks while seated in your section, especially when eating or drinking - it's not like the other vaccinated people in the section will complain.

sullyinMT

I wonder how closely they'll monitor or how strictly they'll enforce the masks while seated in your section, especially when eating or drinking - it's not like the other vaccinated people in the section will complain.
They’ll just run the “kiss cam” on the Jumbotron the whole game. Don’t get caught! 🤣

I’m not sure how other cities are operating, but our local AMC doesn’t have chaperones patrolling the theater, and that’s without a vaccine passport. I’m expecting a bit more of a crowd for Mortal Kombat Sunday, but when we went to Raya for the second weekend we were 4 of maybe 20 patrons in the IMAX. Distancing wasn’t an issue. I can see temporary use of sections like the Dodgers are using as a way to get people comfortable again.

Lastly - Google is running a pretty impactful ad where the search bar shows deletion of pandemic/quarantine related terms (‘travel restrictions’ being modified to ‘travel’) and ends with a search for “vaccines near me” as the way to get back to normal activity. Bottom banner seemed to indicate a partnership with CDC. I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom