Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

esskay

I know it's crazy but I wish they would just shut down international travel. Figure it out. Because like you said, containment will be impossible with people coming and going.
Doesnt fix a thing. Its not a case of international people bringing a virus in - it's already there so it makes no difference.

BromBones

Look up how the fed can (and do) buy/sell debt to manipulate the market. They don't announce it immediatly as it makes it obvious that nothing has actually recovered.

So I guess the Fed manipulated the market on 2/27 to make it drop 5%? 🙄

BromBones

Doesnt fix a thing. Its not a case of international people bringing a virus in - it's already there so it makes no difference.

So there are 92,220 Coronavirus cases WORLDWIDE. 106 of those are in the United States.
And your answer is....don't stop international travel into the United States or lock down the borders because only 106 already have it???

So you want to let in the other 92,114 that DO have it? Yeah, because that won't be bad or anything. 🙄

ELG13

It's a case of people that brought it back from international travel.....it didn't just manifest itself here. Three people that returned from Italy now, just from the little bit I've seen. Listen, I'm not worried much about it. The only reason China is seeing a decline in new cases is people are locked up in their houses for weeks now. They shut down travel during their busiest holiday season. This was weeks ago and it's just now paying off. If we want to get ahead of this and not see such a fall out like China did, the there are some decisions that need to be made sooner or later. Either way, I'm gonna wash my hands and continue on with my day.

Lilofan

My relative went for a check up. Receptionist read aloud formulated questions patient needs to answer prior to seeing the doctor.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
So there are 92,220 Coronavirus cases WORLDWIDE. 106 of those are in the United States.
And your answer is....don't stop international travel into the United States or lock down the borders because only 106 already have it???

So you want to let in the other 92,114 that DO have it? Yeah, because that won't be bad or anything. 🙄

Everyone is going to get it regardless of locking down the borders because it is already here and in the wild. Closing our borders now will do absolutely nothing to help contain it.

BromBones

It's a case of people that brought it back from international travel.....it didn't just manifest itself here. Three people that returned from Italy now, just from the little bit I've seen. Listen, I'm not worried much about it. The only reason China is seeing a decline in new cases is people are locked up in their houses for weeks now. They shut down travel during their busiest holiday season. This was weeks ago and it's just now paying off. If we want to get ahead of this and not see such a fall out like China did, the there are some decisions that need to be made sooner or later. Either way, I'm gonna wash my hands and continue on with my day.

Exactly. Any case that we have here was brought here via international travel.

Lilofan

Everyone is going to get it regardless of locking down the borders because it is already here and in the wild. Closing our borders now will do absolutely nothing to help contain it.
Closing a 1,000 mile border along the Rio Grande where at times migrants can just be in Texas in a matter of minutes is impossible and not real world. But the concept is a good one.

BromBones

Okay so 13,000 are murdered by guns every year on the average in the United States. So let's just forget about any gun controls or laws because people are dying anyway.

Think about what you just wrote. 106 people are infected which can be easily contained ....but let's flood the country with the other 92,114 infected people anyway.

Wow. 🙄

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Okay so 13,000 are murdered by guns every year on the average in the United States. So let's just forget about any gun controls or laws because people are dying anyway.

Think about what you just wrote. 106 people are infected which can be easily contained ....but let's flood the country with the other 92,114 infected people anyway.

Wow. 🙄
I don't rhink the 92,114 are feeling up to travelling atm , so you should be ok . 🙄

BromBones

I don't rhink the 92,114 are feeling up to travelling atm , so you should be ok . 🙄

Sure, Who cares if they are infected. Especially since the incubation period is about 14 days. So they wouldn't know if they had it because they wouldn't have symptoms right away.
But what the hell....let them all in.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Closing a 1,000 mile border along the Rio Grande where at times migrants can just be in Texas in a matter of minutes is impossible and not real world. But the concept is a good one.

It's a stupid concept to do it today. A few weeks ago it would have made more sense. It would just cause unnecessary panic to do it now.

Wow. 🙄

Those things don't even relate, and it's pretty idiotic that you think they do. 106 people are known to be infected and those people have come into contact with others before they were diagnosed. It's unknown who is currently carrying the virus inside the border, but we do know that number is greater than zero.

We're going to have 92,114 infected people here regardless of herp derp close border nao because it is already too late.

BromBones

Talk to the locals that live on the TX/MEX the border. You will get a whole new perspective.😉

Because the locals are masters at engineering. The only place you can't build a wall is where there are already large natural obstacles and that is being taken into consideration.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Sure, Who cares if they are infected. Especially since the incubation period is about 14 days. So they wouldn't know if they had it because they wouldn't have symptoms right away.
But what the hell....let them all in.
If the incubation period is 14-21 days then how many people will those 106 infected and those people then infected etc etc. It's already too late but sure , shut the door behind the bolted horse.

BromBones

It's a stupid concept to do it today. A few weeks ago it would have made more sense. It would just cause unnecessary panic to do it now.

Those things don't even relate, and it's pretty idiotic that you think they do. 106 people are known to be infected and those people have come into contact with others before they were diagnosed. It's unknown who is currently carrying the virus inside the border, but we do know that number is greater than zero.

We're going to have 92,114 infected people here regardless of herp derp close border nao because it is already too late.

So let them all in. Why try to find a cure for AIDS? We don't know who has it so we don't know who they have infected.... so why waste time and money trying to cure it?

Lilofan

Because the locals are masters at engineering. The only place you can't build a wall is where there are already large natural obstacles and that is being taken into consideration.
Sorry, but the "already large natural obstacles" that one believes is a Star Wars fantasy.

Donna Duck

I agree, but there seem to be quite a lot of moronic managers out there -- especially in retail positions, which is the last place people should be coming to work sick.
I have been a retail manager for over 30 years. It is not always the employees. I can't tell how many times I have helped someone who is sick. I even had a mom in with her child came straightfrom the dr. Diagnosed strep throat. A little common sense would go along way. Yes, I tell my associates if they are sick do not come in. I would rather work than having the entire staff get sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom