Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubs70

That attitude is partly why we are in the situation we are on. Too many only look out for themselves. I remember back at the beginning we were all in this together. Some where that changed
How is modifying your activity to minimize personal exposure to Covid propagating the pandemic? You have a primary responsibility to protect yourself.

Incomudro

I do find it interesting that people are shaming others for getting the vaccine, claiming the need to be responsible for yourself and others..... but the second you point this out they shame you. If we are looking at health through the lens of personal and community responsibility then people SHOULD take way better care of themselves and they SHOULD get the vaccine. It's both, not one or the other.
Because wearing masks makes people feel like a hero while taking virtually zero effort on their part.
Actually taking care of one's own health for years takes effort.
Slap a mask on, and put the image up as your profile pic, and you're wonderful.

Chip Chipperson

How is modifying your activity to minimize personal exposure to Covid propagating the pandemic? You have a primary responsibility to protect yourself.

It's not. It's the "muh Constitution" people who have never even read the document itself who swear they can't be forced to wear a mask and who don't care about getting other people sick because of "muh rights" or "it's all an overblown hoax" or "I'm not old so I'm not worried." THAT'S the attitude that is making things worse than they need to be.

Chi84

Premium Member
It's not. It's the "muh Constitution" people who have never even read the document itself who swear they can't be forced to wear a mask and who don't care about getting other people sick because of "muh rights" or "it's all an overblown hoax" or "I'm not old so I'm not worried." THAT'S the attitude that is making things worse than they need to be.
To be fair, it's also partially the attitude that leads people to say "muh" or "ma" instead of "my." Masks should be used only to prevent the spread of COVID, not as a cheap shot to boss people around on the internet.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Changing gears a little. It looks like both Moderna and Novavax are both actively working on vaccines that will combine the annual flu shot with a covid shot. This has been talked about and speculated here by a bunch of people. I think if this is the way we go it makes the variant issue a lot less of a worry. Even if more vaccine resistant mutations occur we can modify the annual shots to adapt to that.

I'm scared about more vaccine resistant mutations right now....is really gonna happen?

correcaminos

Because wearing masks makes people feel like a hero while taking virtually zero effort on their part.
Ah nice assumption. I've been taking care of myself for years after I did gain too much weight. I hate wearing a mask. Though I joined the trial to help others.

I've been fat-shamed and skinny shamed. Neither is cool to do and totally minimizes many issues out there.

sullyinMT

I'm scared about more vaccine resistant mutations right now....is really gonna happen?
We don’t really know. However, we should take solace in the fact that the professionals who developed a highly effective vaccine in under a year are already exploring possible changes and improvements just in case the need should arise.

Flugell

I don’t feel like a hero if I wear a mask to attend a hospital appointment with my husband BUT I do feel that I am physically indicating to others that I care about their health and welfare too. That is the point, it’s a physical indication of your attitude and hopefully imparts confidence that you are playing your part in protecting others that you come into socially distanced contact with.
I’m not on social media, apart from this forum, but if I was I would probably have a photo with a mask to encourage people to think that it is normal at the current time and not to imply that I’m better than anyone else. If I knew how I might even put a mask on my avatar of my dog!
I happen to think that people who wear masks are wonderful whether they have spent years looking after their health or not. Your obsession with your own personal health doesn’t help anyone else but wearing a mask does! It certainly helps my mental health anyway!

JD80

Why do I have to compromise my rights for "non compliant individuals"? What makes their "freedom" more important than mine and allows them to impose conditions on me?

If I'm driving down the road and you're jaywalking, can I just plow you over?
How about if there's no crosswalk? Or a parking lot?

Maybe.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Emergent BioSolutions has shut down new manufacturing of Johnson & Johnson’s coronavirus vaccine at its Baltimore plant at the request of the Food and Drug Administration after an inspection of the troubled facility last week, Emergent said Monday.

The halt in production is another setback for Johnson & Johnson as it attempts to meet its promise to deliver nearly 100 million doses of vaccine to the U.S. government by the end of May.

Emergent’s brief statement Monday said the FDA began a new inspection of its Bayview facility on April 12. On Friday, at the FDA’s request, “Emergent agreed not to initiate the manufacturing of any new material at its Bayview facility and to quarantine existing material manufactured at the Bayview facility pending completion of the inspection and remediation of any resulting findings,’’ the company said."

It said it was striving to make unspecified improvements “to meet the high standards we have set for ourselves and to restore confidence in our quality systems and manufacturing processes.”

"Johnson & Johnson said it’s working to resolve the situation at Emergent.

“We will work with Emergent and FDA to address any findings at the conclusion of the FDA inspection,’’ said company spokesman Jake Sargent in a statement. “At this time, it is premature to speculate on any potential impact this could have on the timing of our vaccine deliveries. We remain committed to delivering 100 million single-shot doses of our coronavirus vaccine to the U.S. Government and helping to bring an end to this global pandemic.’’

Johnson & Johnson has an agreement with Merck, brokered by the Biden administration, for vaccine manufacturing, but it is not expected to produce raw vaccine substance for months.

A federal official who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss ongoing federal reviews said Emergent would be notified later this week on the inspection results.

“We recognize the confusion these recent events may have caused our customers, our employees, and the public,” Emergent said in its statement."

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Remember this guy is in the business of selling vaccines....
I see the idea of combining Covid and flu vaccines together as a good idea if for some reason we need to get an annual Covid shot. I don’t see it as a sign that there will definitely be a negative mutation. Yes, the companies all see this as a potential long term revenue stream if we need annual or period covid vaccines.

JoeCamel

Maybe.

In my area in Florida there are no sidewalks and we have had two residents killed and another two injured severely over the years. In researching the law I found the pedestrian has the obligation to leave the roadway when a vehicle is approaching. Leaving politics aside unless the driver has intent or is negligent the onus is on the pedestrian to look out for themselves.

ABQ

That's not vaccine resistance. It's lack of vaccination that's going on. Don't scare the poster unecessarily. Canada is seriously behind the US in terms of vaccinations due to no fault of their own from what I understand.
I wish that were their neighbor's excuse.

1618936276789.png

Chip Chipperson

To be fair, it's also partially the attitude that leads people to say "muh" or "ma" instead of "my." Masks should be used only to prevent the spread of COVID, not as a cheap shot to boss people around on the internet.

To be fair (again?), I first noticed the use of "muh" in posts elsewhere from people mocking masks, as in "b-b-b-but muh masks!" whenever a state with a mask mandate saw an increase in cases. I just co-opted it from them. And I'm certainly not trying to boss anyone around on the Internet. I do think that people pushing the "personal responsibility" narrative should be able to answer questionos about their stance, such as why is the onus on the cashier to not go to work in order to protect herself rather than on the person who knowingly entered a business that requires masks with no intention of following that business's rules? We wouldn't tell someone who called the police on a naked man in 7-11, "Hey, you knew the risk of creepy naked guys in public when you left the house! If you don't want to see it then stay home! Yes, there are laws against it, but that's your problem if people who oppose those laws refuse to follow them."

GoofGoof

Premium Member
In my area in Florida there are no sidewalks and we have had two residents killed and another two injured severely over the years. In researching the law I found the pedestrian has the obligation to leave the roadway when a vehicle is approaching. Leaving politics aside unless the driver has intent or is negligent the onus is on the pedestrian to look out for themselves.
When I was a kid we played street hockey in the street in my neighborhood all the time. It was a regular ritual to have to move the net aside to allow a car to pass (even mocked in Wayne’s World...game on 🥅). I’m glad this law didn’t exist near me at that time. None of us would have made it to adulthood :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom