Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

willtravel

Just wondering for anyone who got both of there Pfizer shots, how long did you have to wait (scheduled) for in between appt's.?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Everyone needs to recalibrate and *stop caring about cases.* It doesn't matter if it's cumulative or current trends, cases by themselves are statistically irrelevant at this point, because we took an age-and-risk-targeted approach to vaccinations. It's much more important WHO is getting sick. Statistically, you'd rather see 100 cases in a high school than 2 cases in a nursing home, and all of the people in the nursing homes are vaxxed.

Focus on hospitalizations. If you insist on looking at cases, you need to use some kind of age-adjusted metric.
I've railed on the board here before that the way we test for cases has significant flaws since the ones being tested are self-selecting.

However... almost always a rise in cases has led either to a rise in hospitalizations and then deaths, or, the decline in hospitalizations and deaths stopped declining and instead, plateaued. And the current rate of hospitalizations and deaths is not a good rate to plateau at. (Keeping in mind hospitalizations and deaths lag one to four weeks after cases.)

So, it wouldn't be wise to stop watching cases. They're the canary in the coal mine.

Also, it wouldn't be... fair... for someone to say "stop looking at cases" when they're rising, but then later say, "we can take of masks and return to normal because -- look! -- cases are falling!!"

jinx8402

Well then the place I got my shot screwed up. I was 28 days. The scheduling was done when I was there.
My wife got her first pfizer shot at Walgreens and they scheduled the second 28 days later. From what I understand Walgreens, and perhaps others are doing 28 days for either vaccine to streamline scheduling. I believe the recommendation is to get it at least 21 days after the first, but does not need to be exact.

dreday3

Just wondering for anyone who got both of there Pfizer shots, how long did you have to wait (scheduled) for in between appt's.?

My guy got his at the VA Hospital (opened up vaccines to every veteran regardless of age a few weeks ago) - they scheduled Pfizer 17 days apart.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I've railed on the board here before that the way we test for cases has significant flaws since the ones being tested are self-selecting.
Our governor's favorite metric is "test positivity rate," which is even worse and for the same reason. It drives me absolutely insane.

However... almost always a rise in cases has led either to a rise in hospitalizations and then deaths, or, the decline in hospitalizations and deaths stopped declining and instead, plateaued. And the current rate of hospitalizations and deaths is not a good rate to plateau at. (Keeping in mind hospitalizations and deaths lag one to four weeks after cases.)

So, it wouldn't be wise to stop watching cases. They're the canary in the coal mine.
None of the other waves of cases have come when the majority of seniors, including the vast majority of 75+, have been fully vaccinated.

Also, it wouldn't be... fair... for someone to say "stop looking at cases" when they're rising, but then later say, "we can take of masks and return to normal because -- look! -- cases are falling!!"
In this instance, X does not cause Y, but they are both the result of common cause Z. We don't take off masks and return to normal BECAUSE cases are falling. We take off masks and return to normal AND cases are falling because the high risk population is vaccinated.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
My guy got his at the VA Hospital (opened up vaccines to every veteran regardless of age a few weeks ago) - they scheduled Pfizer 17 days apart.
Interesting, everything I have read says at least 21 days apart but no longer than 42.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom