Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisa12000

Well at least you aren’t in Europe! Seriously the political situation here is spiralling out of control and it’s going to turn very very nasty out here if things don’t get dialled down

the EU supported by germany and France especially are now threatening to stop any vaccine being exported to the UK unless we basically release AstraZeneca from their contract with us so they can supply the EU more! We are basically being punished for sorting contracts early and it may get to a point where we can’t give out second doses because the EU are blocking them. I’m really really hope I’m wrong but this is really volatile situation over here which can become a real crisis situation

Something Biden and the US need to be careful of if they are interested at all jn european relations

Smooth

wdw-donald-nephews-we-there-yet-surprise-disney_1_7d3f8510f668b20531fcaef72182b4b5.jpg

James J

In the Parks
No
Well at least you aren’t in Europe! Seriously the political situation here is spiralling out of control and it’s going to turn very very nasty out here if things don’t get dialled down

the EU supported by germany and France especially are now threatening to stop any vaccine being exported to the UK unless we basically release AstraZeneca from their contract with us so they can supply the EU more! We are basically being punished for sorting contracts early and it may get to a point where we can’t give out second doses because the EU are blocking them. I’m really really hope I’m wrong but this is really volatile situation over here which can become a real crisis situation

Something Biden and the US need to be careful of if they are interested at all jn european relations
I don't think it'll get that far. The EU seem to be making a right royal mess of their vaccine rollout and if they took any action to stop exports to the UK, the UK could stop exports of components the EU need for the vaccine. It's somewhat ironic that they're complaining about not getting enough AstraZeneca when they stopped using it for a few days anyway!

lisa12000

I don't think it'll get that far. The EU seem to be making a right royal mess of their vaccine rollout and if they took any action to stop exports to the UK, the UK could stop exports of components the EU need for the vaccine. It's somewhat ironic that they're complaining about not getting enough AstraZeneca when they stopped using it for a few days anyway!

I hope you are correct but now you have France and germany sabre rattling today - it could quite easily get out of hand

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
USA is doing alot of better than Europe because they have enough of vaccines to end pandemic soon than Europe.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
We are basically being punished for sorting contracts early and it may get to a point where we can’t give out second doses because the EU are blocking them.
We don't need AZA to have all adults vaccinated (with second shots of PFZ and MOD) by the end of May. All projections from the CDC and the current administration are based on not having AZA approved, because it isn't yet.

lisa12000

We don't need AZA to have all adults vaccinated (with second shots of PFZ and MOD) by the end of May. All projections from the CDC and the current administration are based on not having AZA approved, because it isn't yet.
Well I know you don’t but us in the UK do - the EU blockade vaccines and we are in big trouble

correcaminos

Well I know you don’t but us in the UK do - the EU blockade vaccines and we are in big trouble
I read that as this isn't an issue for the US/Biden and EU relations. Is there any reason why you stated it's something we need to watch out for? Looking at the supply chain this doesn't have any direct effect on the US/EU. https://www.dw.com/en/astrazeneca-covid-vaccine-oxford/a-56427963

Yes it could be bad for the UK and I hope it is not given some of the delay with dosing anyway.

lisa12000

I read that as this isn't an issue for the US/Biden and EU relations. Is there any reason why you stated it's something we need to watch out for? Looking at the supply chain this doesn't have any direct effect on the US/EU. https://www.dw.com/en/astrazeneca-covid-vaccine-oxford/a-56427963

Yes it could be bad for the UK and I hope it is not given some of the delay with dosing anyway.

because this could literally tear Europe apart - and although not directly affecting the us in terms of vaccines and pandemic a split and at war (politically) Europe in itself would cause some consternation in the US surely just as it would the other way round to us over the last few years. In addition, a vaccine trade war will be no good for anyone in the world - if the EU decide to invoke article 122 and also blocks vaccine exports it won’t only be the UK that loses it will be many other areas of the world including Covax countries - they’ve already blocked vaccines to Australia and could do it many other places. Also we have india now restricting exports and theyre the mainstay for covax - if this starts to happen then we all suffer; as we see in Brazil - uncontained spread will eventually leak out again to other places as it has done in Europe as well - I really do find it a worry not only for the Uk But the world in general

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
because this could literally tear Europe apart - and although not directly affecting the us in terms of vaccines and pandemic a split and at war (politically) Europe in itself would cause some consternation in the US surely just as it would the other way round to us over the last few years. In addition, a vaccine trade war will be no good for anyone in the world - if the EU decide to invoke article 122 and also blocks vaccine exports it won’t only be the UK that loses it will be many other areas of the world including Covax countries - they’ve already blocked vaccines to Australia and could do it many other places. Also we have india now restricting exports and theyre the mainstay for covax - if this starts to happen then we all suffer; as we see in Brazil - uncontained spread will eventually leak out again to other places as it has done in Europe as well - I really do find it a worry not only for the Uk But the world in general
At least USA and Israel is way better than Europe, Brazil and other countries of the world.

Turtlekrawl

Not reporting anything new, but just a word of caution... one of my physician partners had 2nd dose of Pfizer vaccine in early Jan, but just tested + for covid. He has 101 degree fever and significant malaise. Whether he is one of the 4-5% that didn’t get immunity to the original strain or he is infected with a variant, I don’t know.
Either way, this and recent worldwide upticks lead me to believe that this is not going away anytime soon. We will need updated vaccines, more efficient testing, better treatments, and patience. We will learn to live with it.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Not reporting anything new, but just a word of caution... one of my physician partners had 2nd dose of Pfizer vaccine in early Jan, but just tested + for covid. He has 101 degree fever and significant malaise. Whether he is one of the 4-5% that didn’t get immunity to the original strain or he is infected with a variant, I don’t know.
Either way, this and recent worldwide upticks lead me to believe that this is not going away anytime soon. We will need updated vaccines, more efficient testing, better treatments, and patience. We will learn to live with it.
@GoofGoof United States is doomed....noooooo...now we are never get out of the pandemic ever. 😥😥😥
Vaccines will keep cases down trending by July in United States, no upticks or spikes/surges for good. 2021 will be very unlucky for me.....ugh I hate this pandemic thing I wish it go away soon. Now pandemic will may go on forever....FOREVER!!

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
what happens if after spring break where no one is social distancing and only half wearing masks there isn’t a big increase in cases? Does this show it’s no longer as bad as it once was?

what happens if there is a big increase? Are we gonna live this way forever?

interesting things to think about.

I’m still scratching my head around what all is safety theater (which honestly I think most of it is) vs helping. Like being 6ft apart in lines at the airport and then cramming a plane full of those people right next to each other after they get thru the line. Or how states that quarantined and stayed shut down are worse than many states that were wide open. Just a big mystery all of this which is why I wish we could figure out how we are going to move forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom