Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Bella

Never fear... I think these guys are overly optimistic about the backside of the pandemic, same as so many were on the frontside, and this spring and next winter will have a bigger "bite" than people are imagining. Even if it is a massive improvement over the last year. 80% decline from this winter's numbers would still be worse than any recent flu, and 2009 H1N1 was not without warnings and "management" by health departments. And then people will be whining that they weren't told the truth, totally forgetting about how they steamrolled over any words of caution with accusations of manipulation and sandbagging. :p
As bad as it's been it's not near as bad as some on here were predicting last summer. Maybe the change in tone is the vaccines or someone in office that says what they want to hear. Probably a combination of both.

I don’t understand why you can’t be positive and also point out the negative without being labeled one side or the other. I think the extreme in any position maybe wrong. Look, vaccines are rolling out. We are getting more shots in arms today then a few weeks ago. Another vaccine rolled out, all great news! Also there are still 2000 dying a day and in the last week deaths and cases have ticked up about 2% so we still need to take it slow. See, both sides represented right there and both are the truth. We need to be realistic about what’s happening.. nothing wrong with being positive about what’s happening with the vaccine but also keeping a eye on what the virus is doing. Can’t we all get along?
you do realize that death counts are including deaths that occurred in January and February.

"The addition of this backlogged death data related to the post-holiday surge in cases has Virginia’s average of reported COVID-19 deaths up to an unprecedentedly high 185 deaths per day. Remember these deaths are spread out, with most having happened in mid-January/early February, VDH’s data shows. The death certificate data takes time to be inputted into the system."

Archie123

Touchdown

I don't pretend to have memorized everything the man has ever said, but I don't recall him advocating for it *as a preventative.*
He claimed to be taking it as a preventative last summer as its star began to fall and it was going out of use.

I don’t know if he actually was or it was just another lie said by him to feed his pathological need to always be right and never admit defeat but he did say it.

Archie123

He claimed to be taking it as a preventative last summer as its star began to fall and it was going out of use.

I don’t know if he actually was or it was just another lie said by him to feed his pathological need to always be right and never admit defeat but he did say it.

I think it was definitely more of the latter.

LittleBuford

I don't pretend to have memorized everything the man has ever said, but I don't recall him advocating for it *as a preventative.*
The White House physician joined him in promoting it:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
From the mothership so can’t be fake news

jinx8402

Hydroxychloroquine was NEVER suggested to be used preventatively, by anyone.

It is not a preventative, period. It is not for severe cases, period. The only debate has ever been about whether it might be effective if administered to positive cases early. There are credible studies saying it is, and credible studies saying it isn't.

kong1802

The White House physician joined him in promoting it:

They may have been wrong on that, but what about the demon in your sleep bit?

That seemed to have some real logic behind it.....

The good old days.

Miss Bella

I can’t speak for anyone else, but my “change in attitude“ on Covid has little to do with Trump being gone. On a separate note it’s a great positive for the country in so many other ways that he’s not just gone from office but gone from the public eye and from Twitter.
Is he gone from public eye? LOL You mention him an awful lot. Just look at the last half dozen posts.

Miss Bella

He’s gone. Only those who seek him out these days can find him and even that’s limited at best. The general public is free of that. He will always be the 45th President so there will never be a time where he’s not part of history.
Both party's will continue to make him relevant. The media has a love\hate relationship with him.

Disney Experience

Not to rain in on anyone's happy train, but this has me a little concerned:

We're in a lull right now, and maybe nursing home residents are better protected now than ever before. But not nearly enough people are vaccinated yet for us to be able to rely on them to save us from another surge. We still need to mask and social distance. And judging by our collective performance on those matters thus far... I'm not too confident.
The highest risk for a variant to emerge that the vaccines are not effective on is during this transition time where there is a lot of virus that selective evolution will promote if it can diminish or avoid the effectiveness of the vaccines. With a good number of people vaccinated and still having a lot of virus around increases the chances. Once the virus is limited because so few are susceptible, then there would be less opportunity. This applies at a national and world level.

Good news is that if something does breakout we will likely be able to modify the vaccines to cope.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom