Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GimpYancIent

Same! I am currently wearing a surgical mask under my work-issued 2 ply nose-wire/fabric mask. And surprisingly, I've found that the surgical mask actually adds some stability to the whole thing, such that I'm no longer getting fabric in my mouth.

Win. Win.
I guess the optimal mask level the "Authorities" are going for eventually will be:
1613000726453.png

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Lead time? Now I feel like we're so off track from the original comments that maybe you just like arguing ;)

Either take the facts or not. I really don't have much in me today to set things straight. Being factual will work if people bother to stick to actual facts. Which in this case an asymptomatic person caught it and did so before he was even full level of immunity. So who knows if he was a true 5% or not. Vaccines work. It's already being proven. Arguing about this is what causes doubt when there is none. No gray no different ways to interpret.

And now I feel like we’re trapped in a “last wording” scenario...

By “lead time”...I’m saying the first two clinical research periods knew little of variants...which Johnson and Johnson has been hinting at.

It’s all spin to a certain degree. This is hitting home for you more than me. So I yield the argument to you and retreat.

Disney Experience

I think regardless of if any kind of restriction happens, it does show that there is a very high level of concern for Florida in regard to the U.K. variant taking hold. I think that is the more important part of this.
Though the Moderna vaccine is being used a lot in Florida it has much in common with the Pfizer vaccine. In Israel which deploys the Pfizer vaccine the efficacy of that vaccine is similar to the original efficacy 90-95%. So in my opinion once more people are vaccinated in Florida that variant will diminish too even as it may become more dominate in the remaining cases.

“We’ve so far identified the same 90% to 95% efficacy against the British strain,” said Hezi Levi, director-general of the Israeli Health Ministry.

Disney Experience

dreday3

Speaking of end game issues. Israel is already running into the problem of having shots but no arms to put it into in the age groups targeted. A certain percentage and demographic is not coming in to be vaccinated.

Something like this will probably play out in all countries, since all countries have anti-vaxxers.

Controversial, maybe, but I am all for incentivizing vaccinations.
And I'm already vaccinated so I won't benefit.
I'm sure there are a good majority who said they are waiting that will actually choose to get vaccinated for a little something in return. You know, you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours?

Let's get shots in arms.

LittleBuford

How are you holding up?
Thanks for checking in. I'm doing well, all things considered. The situation feels quite surreal, and I don't think it's properly hit me yet. As you know from the other thread, my elderly grandmother also had the virus recently and experienced only very mild symptoms, which just goes to show how unpredictable this awful disease is. Please, everyone, be careful and stay safe.

cmwade77

Controversial, maybe, but I am all for incentivizing vaccinations.
And I'm already vaccinated so I won't benefit.
I'm sure there are a good majority who said they are waiting that will actually choose to get vaccinated for a little something in return. You know, you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours?

Let's get shots in arms.
This I can get behind, I think it makes sense and is a much better approach than trying to mandate vaccines.

Disney Experience

GoofGoof

Premium Member
What is even funnier is how he didn't do it once the legal issues with doing so were pointed out to him. I doubt the White House could get away with a ban, they might be able to get away with required testing, but even that might prove too much to legally overcome. Again, common sense should be used, don't go out if you are sick, wash your hands, etc. but we are going way too overboard here.
I just find the outrage over Biden even considering something so “against the constitution” to be ironic. How many of the same people were outraged when Trump considered it? Or was it OK because it was just Seattle being restricted? I also remember many people fully supporting the FL Governor attempting to block NYers from trying to come to FL in April. He left that restriction in place into July for no good reason.

I don’t think it’s going to happen anyway, but there are ways to limit travel to/from an area without an outright ban on travel. It’s possible they would consider just having the CDC issue guidance to avoid traveling to/from specific areas with surges in cases of the new variant. It wouldn’t be physically stopping people but it would deter a lot of unnecessary travel if that’s the goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom