Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopemax

He didn't say it. The CDC did. HUGE difference.

Did something change where the CDC was allowed to release these sort of guidelines without the approval of the Vice-President? I doubt Pence would authorize it, if Trump didn't allow it. If you want to be literal about it, then yeah, he didn't SAY it, but I'm not sure that matters, with the way the administration has set the "coordination with the CDC."

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Did something change where the CDC was allowed to release these sort of guidelines without the approval of the Vice-President? I doubt Pence would authorize it, if Trump didn't allow it. If you want to be literal about it, then yeah, he didn't SAY it, but I'm not sure that matters, with the way the administration has set the "coordination with the CDC."

Pence said today during his press conference that new guidelines would be coming out. So they were on the same page.

rowrbazzle

Things are changing VERY quickly...like hour-by-hour quickly. It's also possible Disney had to make the initial announcement quickly and hadn't been able to hash out the details yet.

That's still not acceptable, in my opinion. But I'm glad to hear that the college students are going to be taken care of.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Canada and Australia are also Commonwealth realms. All it means is that the queen is their head of state, not that they are in any way governed by the UK. They are independent countries that share the same monarch.

Yeah, I know what it means. I never said otherwise.

I said that if the British Government was looking for a place for a British cruise line to dock, they should have sway over British Virgin Islands which is a territory of The Crown. I posted a video that said that BVI was a British Territory and that the Bahamas was a Commonwealth. In response to that, I was told for no discernible reason the Bahamas is an independent country. Neither I nor the video said it wasn't independent. The video said it was a British Commonwealth country, which it is.

tallica

What would you have wanted to happen?
Honestly, 6-8 weeks ago encourage people that are at high risk to self sequester themselves. Establish both financial and emotional support for these people. let the rest of society go about its daily lives, with the recommendations about hygiene etc. And no excuses that there to many at high risk. Better just them than the whole population.

LittleBuford

I said that if the British Government was looking for a place for a British cruise line to dock, they should have sway over British Virgin Islands which is a territory of The Crown. I posted a video that said that BVI was a British Territory and that the Bahamas was a Commonwealth. In response to that, I was told for no discernible reason the Bahamas is an independent country. Neither I nor the video said it wasn't independent. The video said it was a British Commonwealth country, which it is.

My apologies—I didn't look carefully enough at your initial post (whose meaning is clear) and instead went on the inference of the person who responded to you.

Nubs70

Honestly, 6-8 weeks ago encourage people that are at high risk to self sequester themselves. Establish both financial and emotional support for these people. let the rest of society go about its daily lives, with the recommendations about hygiene etc. And no excuses that there to many at high risk. Better just them than the whole population.
This would have required the attention and cooperation of all branches and parties of government.

hopemax

6-8 weeks ago, people weren't ready to hear that message and take it seriously. A lot of people still can't. Thus, the ever stricter guidelines because people so far seem incapable of taking the hint.

Prince-1

Since this is not the political forum I will abide by the mods wishes to not get political on here and say that I don't think Trump has a clue with what the CDC is actually doing. Pence...who knows based on the press conference he spoke at on Saturday.

21stamps

For how long though? We just tell all seniors and high risk people to stay quarantined indefinitely? How would that have helped, and how would that have prevented any of what we are seeing now?

****Quoted the completely wrong post 🤦‍♀️****

This was meant for @tallica

Piebald

Went to Disney today. We are both wfh for the foreseeable future and figured we would get one last day out since I think more closures are coming. Lots of somber looking CMs as well as very great CMs as well. Lots of old people in the park, lots of unhealthy looking folks and one gal who clearly seemed immunocompromised wearing a mask and being pushed around in a wheelchair. I'd dare say a cancer patient but I'm not qualified to make the diagnosis. At that point between the insane heat and the feeling of selfishness and inconsiderate nature of being there, we found it best to leave much earlier than anticipated.

It was weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom