marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Kevin_W

Not exactly. for example, Air France:

• Our aircraft are equipped with an air recycling system consisting of HEPA «High Efficiency Particulate Air» filters identical to those used in operating theatres, which trap 99.9% of particles.
  • The air in the cabin is renewed every 3 minutes.
KLM:

Fresh air
During the flight, the air is constantly refreshed with fresh air from outside the aircraft. Our aircraft are equipped with HEPA filters. These filters capture 99.99% of all bacteria and viruses, including the coronavirus.
Not just those, but every major airline (they are all buying their planes from Boeing and Airbus and have common systems).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

BaconPancakes

I guess I’ve been gone for awhile now, but did the forum rules change to if the thread has that politics title it’s ok to post political comments now?

Disstevefan1

👎very bad. It reminds me of the infection parties where a parent would purposely bring their child to a gathering to intentionally get chicken pox to get it over with..

Disstevefan1

GoofGoof

Premium Member
That headline is deliberate sensationalism. When the 5 million from Wuhan traveled, nobody knew to take any precautions and the virus didn't exist yet where they traveled to. What's the difference if somebody brings it from Florida to New York or vice versa when there is already community spread in both places? The aircraft is the lowest likelihood for spread of any indoor place outside of a hospital due to the filtration and rate of air exchange in the cabin.
I don’t disagree on the sensationalism. It’s obviously meant to be provocative and make people pause to think about their actions.

You seriously don’t see the difference between traveling and staying home? How many of the people traveling are then arriving and having Thanksgiving with their immediate family only? When you travel somewhere, especially by plane (like your NY to FL example) you have to stay with a friend or relative (increasing potential spread) or in a hotel where you most likely eat meals out and have many more opportunities to interact with strangers. As cases spike we should all be doing less in public, less interacting with others and certainly less visiting with friends and relatives. The greater community spread is the greater the chance of infection. It’s basic math. Stay home and enjoy Thanksgiving with your immediate family unless you planned ahead and quarantined for the 14 days leading into Thanksgiving.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Corona Virus, WDW, Vaccine, social distancing, temp readings, Oh yea the MASK I get. The other stuff you spout about is a lot of smoke and mirrors. No many do not share your opinion.
Smoke and mirrors? Is there something inaccurate about the statement that the current administration isn’t working with the incoming administration to ensure a smooth cutover of all things related to coronavirus? Did I miss where they said they were starting that transition?

When January 20th rolls around we will be right in the middle of the vaccine roll-out. I know I’ll be furious if the vaccine distribution is delayed due to the ego of a defeated politician. I don’t care if they do anything else transition related but they need to work together on national security and Covid response including vaccine roll out. I am hopeful that most of the people doing the heavy lifting on Warp Speed are career workers in the CDC and the military as opposed to political appointees, but there’s no excuse for fumbling this transition. People are dying, the economy is in bad shape, the vaccine is our best way out of it and we can’t afford to mess that up over petty politics.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Which was still only 42 percent of same days last year. So a good deal of people listened and did not travel for the holiday
The article did say that AAA expected air travel to be down and 95% of people will travel by car. That’s a way higher percent of driving than previous years. I think it’s good less people are flying because that would naturally lead to longer time spent in public. The CDC recommendation is to not get together for the holidays but if you do one of their recommendations is to reduce the time spent together so hopefully of the 48M traveling by car a large number are doing short or even drive by type visits or doing shorter, mostly outdoor visits vs going somewhere for the whole day or the whole weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom