DCBaker

Premium Member
Numbers are out -

Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 10.41.43 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 10.41.51 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 10.41.59 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 10.42.16 AM.png

ABQ

“A spokesperson from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease, which Fauci leads, said that Fauci recalled "quickly reviewing a version of the guidelines" that had circulated previously. "At the time he was not struck by the potential implications of this particular change in the version he reviewed," the spokesperson said.

"Now reading them carefully, he has some concern that the revised guidelines could be interpreted as lessening the importance of asymptomatic spread of virus in the community," the spokesperson said, adding that "if people who come into close and prolonged contact with a documented case of COVID-19 become infected and are asymptomatic and are not tested and given results in a timely fashion, then asymptomatic spread to others could occur."”
I can certainly see Fauci's concern, however, I do wonder if any of these changes truly have that much of an impact. It's dubious thinking to assume everyone who gets in line for a test has the CDC guidelines on their mind. They're getting a test because they think they need one for one reason or another. I don't think the CDC guidelines are the primary reason for their getting it or not getting it.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I can certainly see Fauci's concern, however, I do wonder if any of these changes truly have that much of an impact. It's dubious thinking to assume everyone who gets in line for a test has the CDC guidelines on their mind. They're getting a test because they think they need one for one reason or another. I don't think the CDC guidelines are the primary reason for their getting it or not getting it.
I think this is all done for school openings. This opens the door now for schools to say if a student or staff member tests positive they need to quarantine and leave school but the other students can continue with no need to get tested or quarantine. It’s not about people getting a voluntary test, more for employers or schools that mandate things like a negative test to return.

As an example, I have a friend who is a local police officer. They went to work where they were exposed to another officer who tested positive a few days later. The department protocol (which is based on CDC guidelines) is that if you are exposed to someone positive you need to quarantine for 14 days and test negative twice. One test at the start of the quarantine and one 10 days later before you can return to work. I don’t know if the department will change that policy now, but if they follow CDC guidelines that officer wouldn’t be tested at all. As long as the person still quarantines it may not make a difference. Where it may make a difference is if that asymptomatic person is actually positive. They won’t know for sure and anyone they had contact with before they started their quarantine will not have any contact tracing. So in this case the officer was exposed on a Friday and found out on Monday they were exposed but had no symptoms at all. They started their quarantine and were tested on Monday. Luckily the result of the test was negative, but if it was positive anyone they had contact with between Friday and Monday when they started to quarantine would have to be traced and contacted to let them know of the potential exposure. Without a formal test now nobody will be contact tracing their contacts and the virus has the potential to spread further.

AngryEyes

yes and no. On one hand, it will hopefully encourage people to still get tested. On the other it just encourages the idea that the CDC is currently under political siege and is incompetent.

It's ridiculous.

CDC: Here are the guidelines.
Someone: I don't agree.
CDC: How 'bout these?
Someone: Fine.
Someone 2: Wait, I don't like those.
CDC: These?

How in the world can you take them seriously??

Mark52479

yes and no. On one hand, it will hopefully encourage people to still get tested. On the other it just encourages the idea that the CDC is currently under political siege and is incompetent.
Here in south Florida i have def seen first hand a decline in people getting tested.

Everyday I drive buy one of the biggest testing sites in South Florida and the last 3 or 4 days I have seen no more than 20 cars in line

I think with CDC new guidelines and the fact that the numbers are going down, we will see less and less testing.

A point was made here on the news that if people dont feel nervous anymore they wont go and get tested.

During the peak last month I saw massive lines when I drove by the testing site. Now nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom