Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopemax

It’s pretty obvious many didn’t. It’s pretty obvious many didn’t even come up with a plan or options depending on the situation.
This country’s education plan is the same as our COVID-19 plan, and so what has happened shouldn’t be shocking. You don’t need to work on a Fall plan when you believe the virus won’t be a problem then. School districts placed their bets, nature rolled its dice and here we are, dealing with the consequences.

chrisvee

Premium Member
The Daily Tar Heel got pretty salty in their editorial today. Warning for an obscenity so I won’t link.

UNC has reported four ‘clusters’ of cases on campus in the first week of school.

“The administration continues to prove they have no shame, and the bar for basic decency keeps getting lower.

They chose to ignore the Orange County Health Department, which recommended that the University restrict on-campus housing to at-risk students and implement online-only instruction for the first five weeks of the semester. They chose to ignore the guidance of the CDC, which placed the University’s housing plan in the "highest-risk" category.”

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The Daily Tar Heel got pretty salty in their editorial today. Warning for an obscenity so I won’t link.

UNC has reported four ‘clusters’ of cases on campus in the first week of school.

“The administration continues to prove they have no shame, and the bar for basic decency keeps getting lower.

They chose to ignore the Orange County Health Department, which recommended that the University restrict on-campus housing to at-risk students and implement online-only instruction for the first five weeks of the semester. They chose to ignore the guidance of the CDC, which placed the University’s housing plan in the "highest-risk" category.”
Colleges are tough. They are doing their best but it’s going to be so hard to prevent outbreaks. Villanova is in my area and there were already some pictures of large crowds gathering on campus without masks or distancing. I think this was just Freshman orientation. I would be a hypocrite if I condemned the kids because I’m pretty sure if I were an 18 year old college student right now I would be in that crowd too. The one thing that may save the college year could be a fast ramp up of the quick saliva tests. Campuses could essentially create a mini version of the NBA bubble for students in dorms and in on campus housing. Just test them multiple times a week (or daily) and isolate the sick faster. It won’t prevent all spread but maybe it could prevent mass outbreaks. Most Universities can afford to do this and I think they would find most college students would be willing to submit to the testing if it meant a more close to normal experience.

techgeek

DCBaker

Premium Member
Numbers are out -

Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 1.56.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 1.57.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 1.57.16 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 1.57.45 PM.png

Mark52479

I was expecting much worse to be honest.

I look at the 4 big counties near me, Orange, Dade, Palm Beach, and Broward. ALL better than I thought they would be with such low testing.

Touchdown

I would look at the numbers and see that things are flat (look at the percent positives) for the week, it isn’t bad, but it’s not really good either.

Jedijax719

The low testing number makes me wonder whether (a) they are not testing as much due to closing sites, (b) there are stricter rules for getting tests, or (c) if there just isn't a need for testing due to smaller numbers of suspected cases.

Touchdown

The low testing numbers was because it was Sunday, some sites were closed and why waste a weekend day getting tested when you can call in sick the next day and get tested then?

The Mom

Premium Member
The low testing number makes me wonder whether (a) they are not testing as much due to closing sites, (b) there are stricter rules for getting tests, or (c) if there just isn't a need for testing due to smaller numbers of suspected cases.

Or (d) there hasn't been a major spreader incident, so people aren't concerned about getting tested. There was an incident of community spread (versus nursing home, jail, etc) locally, and the number of people getting tested per day shot up. Now the numbers are way down - back to where they were before the incident.

Bob Harlem

The low testing numbers was because it was Sunday, some sites were closed and why waste a weekend day getting tested when you can call in sick the next day and get tested then?

Maybe, but the line at the Convention Center and Stadium in S. Florida is still way way down from a few weeks ago (even during the week). To the point of basically no line most of the day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom