Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flugell

I think that would be allowed. If a child moves between mother and father that is allowed and also to facilitate a house move is an exemption. Had a quick search and think that’s the case. Doesn’t apply to me so not certain whether a 6 month facilitation would be acceptable.

Patcheslee

I think that would be allowed. If a child moves between mother and father that is allowed and also to facilitate a house move is an exemption. Had a quick search and think that’s the case. Doesn’t apply to me so not certain whether a 6 month facilitation would be acceptable.
He isn't her biological father and hadn't been married yet, so technically we weren't "family" at that point. I'm in a rural area in the US so just seems odd to be needing restrictions to go that far.
No way it would fly around here.

lisa12000

Alright, I've now seen various FB shares on this from multiple news sites, are they really enforcing things to this extreme though? :oops:

Again seem a bit opposite to the other Brit on here but no way is this being totally enforced - I mean in a way how could you? People can still meet up with their extended bubbles (people alone can join With another household) so I’m not sure how police can really enforce this - big house parties and gatherings yes - this no! There does need to be context as well as many areas have been lumped together especially in greater Manchester when they have very low infection rates which are far lower than many other areas in the country under no restrictions.

There Really is lockdown fatigue (in my area and imo) over here now and I do believe we are close to a tipping point - especially as our papers have gene reporting a section of our 1984 health act which allowed the govt to demolish private and public buildings that have evidence of a Covid outbreak!

also had this video surface over here and is gaining some traction . - the lady is a lawyer who has been looking into care homes -not making any comments about authenticity etc but increasing disquiet at care home deaths and care

Trentster05

also had this video surface over here and is gaining some traction . - the lady is a lawyer who has been looking into care homes -not making any comments about authenticity etc but increasing disquiet at care home deaths and care

I think more stories like this will come out. So sad.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Numbers are out -

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 10.36.38 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 10.36.52 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 10.37.04 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 10.36.27 AM.png

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Well, the cases "shot" up from the reporting lag. But deaths went down for one day, and the positivity rate. Hard to make heads or tails of these up and down numbers sometimes
I think you almost have to toss out the last couple of days when the testing was low to look at trends. Compared to 7/31 which is the last day they reported 100K+ tests done the total positive is down almost 2K cases and the percent positive is down over 2.5%. Pretty good. If that trend continues it could be a legit turning of the corner and a start of the downward slope of the curve. We are right around what should have been the turning point of the 3 month arc that occurred in most of the original outbreaks (Wuhan, Italy, NYC).

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It only solves half that problem
Right now they are also trending toward having half of the other half solved. The travel restrictions in NY/NJ/CT and some other states too that are actually based on metrics require an average percent positive under 10% for a 7 day period and no more than an average of 10 new cases a day per 100,000 people. So for FL that means the daily case numbers have to get under 2,200. The percent positive average for FL for the last 7 days is a hair above 10%. They still have some work to do to get out of the travel restrictions but it’s trending positive right now.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Ok. That’s a legit improvement. Just one day though. Trend is positive. Lots of work still.
Encouraging to see that they doubled testing from a day ago (I know there was a lag over the weekend) and only $2K more from the day prior. Deaths down as well. One day only, but still good to see. Now if we can continue this for 2 weeks, things we will be looking up.

BlackCauldron

This seems fine to me.

This was done only to try to improve tourism to FL. There may be some folks who work from home who will now vacation to FL now that quarantine is not required upon arrival and can work from home during quarantine upon their return home.

Gotta try and squeeze as many in before Labor Day as they can. Like blood from a stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom