Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heppenheimer

One caveat... antibody levels are not the only thing that determines immunity. T cell activity also provides a fair amount of immunity, but this isn't directly measurable by commercial lab tests.

So, although measuring antibody levels is a good way to verify immunity, the lack of these antibodies doesn't necessarily mean a person has no immunity.

I'm hoping that T cells will incur some kind of prolonged immunity, but we don't know if this will be the case yet.

oceanbreeze77

We'll have to wait on the alachua chronicle to confirm.
Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 8.20.06 AM.png

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
FWIW....

Deaths are NOT up currently nationwide. The rise on the CDC chart is entirely attributed to date mining old cases.

This is not a statement on if deaths will rise going forward, but a simple statement of current data.

oceanbreeze77

FWIW....

Deaths are NOT up currently nationwide. The rise on the CDC chart is entirely attributed to date mining old cases.

This is not a statement on if deaths will rise going forward, but a simple statement of current data.
do you have a legitimate source on that?

Kevin_W

That's definitely a disappointing article. Although with all the scientists/doctors in the world studying this disease, this is the only study of antibodies over time and they only tested 90 people? That strains credulity. The vaccine makers that generate an antibody response that are in phase 2/3 trials have to be looking at antibody levels over time.

jinx8402

Maybe more labs are finally reporting negatives as well as positives.

The total new positives number is still very bad, but I am inclined to believe this just a little. This is what may be driving the % positive numbers down

For example, Lee Memorial Hospital on 7/9 showed 394 positives, 0 negatives at a 100% positive rate. Today's report has them 454 positives, 2272 negatives at 17% positive. These numbers are cumulative since beginning of testing.

Total cases are still bad though, no way around that.

Edit: The use case I used was incorrect, the hospital has multiple lines in both the 7/9 and 7/13 files, and they both track similarly. I guess it is is still possible that some labs aren't reporting all negatives, but this analysis was incorrect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom