Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Here's the chart with the updated record-breaking number from yesterday. Also note the death rate going up. For a while, it was just FL that was the only state that had its death rate go up trailing the second-wave spike that so many other states have been experiencing. But now, about half the states that have had a spike in positive cases, are now are seeing their death rate increase, even though for a while their death rate was plateauing.

So, increasing deaths from increasing cases do happen, trailing by a few weeks.

Just like our medical professionals said would happen.

1594648257222.png

And all those states combined have caused this to happen to the U.S....

1594648506365.png

1594648546844.png

1594648598898.png

Does anyone remember how the FL Panhandle was doing just fine? No worries?

Last edited:

BlackCauldron

I think it is wise not to draw too many conclusions about anything taking place in Hong Kong at the moment. To be as vague as possible, there are a lot of complicated things going on there right now, and we have very little reliable information.

Assuming the HK closure is true, do we know if that was Disney’s decision, or the governments choice to close down agsin due to the rising numbers?

If the latter, I don’t expect a similar action taken here in the states.

kong1802

Here's the chart with the updated record-breaking number from yesterday. Also note the death rate going up. For a while, it was just FL that was the only state that had its death rate go up trailing the second-wave spike that so many other states have been experiencing. But now, about half the states that have had a spike in positive cases, are now are seeing their death rate increase, even though for a while their death rate was plateauing.

View attachment 483410

View attachment 483413

View attachment 483414

View attachment 483415

Does anyone remember how the FL was doing just fine? No worries?

Gotta admit, being "right" has never been more tiresome.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

View attachment 483410

View attachment 483413

View attachment 483414

View attachment 483415

Does anyone remember how the FL was doing just fine? No worries?

With the significant increase in cases and hospitalizations, was there ever a question this would result in an increase in deaths eventually? I thought the question was always how many and how long? What would the lag be? And that we should be able to avoid major increases and numbers we have seem previously due to better treatments and greater protections for nursing homes.

Casper Gutman

Assuming the HK closure is true, do we know if that was Disney’s decision, or the governments choice to close down agsin due to the rising numbers?

If the latter, I don’t expect a similar action taken here in the states.
If this is really happening, I don’t think we’re going to be able to make that distinction. Even official statements likely won’t help.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Hong Kong is closing all public gatherings of more than 4 people. I could see how that applies to HKDL and that fan-Twitter-account was the first to post about it.

Though an official confirmation would be nice.

oceanbreeze77

This needs to be shouted from the rooftops. We... do... not... have... enough... PPE. You don’t even need to read those articles - try to get N95 masks.

And it’s impossible to overstate how big a deal this is. Putting aside hospitals for a moment, if we all had and wore N95s, this would be over. We could reopen schools, reopen businesses, travel abroad, go to WDW, eat at restaurants, watch sports.

On just this one, single, solitary issue, the scale of the failure at multiple levels of society is staggering.
I seriously dont get what's taking so long to manufacture them

DCBaker

Premium Member
Have you seen anything official on that beside a third party twitter post?

Haven't seen an official announcement yet - but did see these two posts in the HKDL forum here.

Confirmed by the government that the two parks will close again.
Details to be announced later.

Carrie Lam just confirmed HKDL and Ocean Park will close for at least 7 days starting from July 15. Official announcements will be made by the parks’ management later.

oceanbreeze77

Hong Kong is closing all public gatherings of more than 4 people. I could see how that applies to HKDL and that fan Twitter was the first to post about it.

Though an official confirmation would be nice.
Imagine taking measures to control the virus after an outbreak of 30

*I'm being cheeky, I know how bad things are in Hong Kong*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom