Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolina_yankee

Thisis bad. Looks like a regular offseason day.
View attachment 482937

Given how telephoto lenses compress distances, it's absolute possible for each party in that photo to be six feet apart. Look at the feet.

Walking past someone is also not a problem. It's staying within proximity for an extended period of time. Mask compliance looks great, though I would think black masks would heat up a bit much.

I'm sure there were some crowd bunch-ups. There were at Universal's opening, too, if I recall some of the "gotcha" photos. It will be interesting to see how overall reports are after a couple of days of operations. They will certainly learn and tweak if there are problems.

Touchdown

You should also be striving to keep your prolonged contacts (15+ min) to ideally less then 10 people, but if you can’t 20. Standing in an indoor queue for more then 15 min just increased your total by however many people were in the room with you. Mass gatherings of people really need to be avoided; while being on the midway may be like a city park, queues are something else entirely.

From videos today that didn’t look like a problem but you know once DHS (Rise) and Epcot (pavilions) open that wont be true.

DisneyDebRob

Yep it’s the same the handful of posters saying the same thing over and over again. I would hate to be a lurker that came here looking for information. You would think you’d stumbled on the “ I hate Disney forums”.
Good thing there are a few sides then because others would come in and think Disney has never done anything wrong.

Before you respond just know I have been going since 1973. DVC member since 2004 and annual passholder since the same time. I put my money where my month is. Love Disney and will be going again when things change a bit real soon I hope.
But I’m not a apologist nor will I sit back and throw pixie dust on everything they do.

They seem to have a handle on this and from most reports, not all, seem to be taking the correct steps to make people at least feel safe. Kudos to them. Still, when someone reports something that actually happened that could be bad, it needs to be said and reported. That’s the way changes come about. Say the good and also the bad.
Hopefully a month from now we can all be talking about how well it was handled. That would be the best thing to happen. But always keep a eye out.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I don’t think anyone is going into the park thinking there’s zero risk. Of course there’s risk. But I believe the measures put in place in the parks lowers that risk significantly and I personally feel comfortable the majority of the time I’m there.

Of course there’s a hiccup every now and then but it’s no different than someone doing something dumb anywhere else.
I don’t disagree with any of this. I’m not trying to say people should or shouldn’t feel comfortable. I was just responding to the other poster saying there is no evidence the virus does or would spread at a theme park.

disneygeek90

You should also be striving to keep your prolonged contacts (15+ min) to ideally less then 10 people, but if you can’t 20. Standing in an indoor queue for more then 15 min just increased your total by however many people were in the room with you. Mass gatherings of people really need to be avoided; while being on the midway may be like a city park, queues are something else entirely.

From videos today that didn’t look like a problem but you know once DHS (Rise) and Epcot (pavilions) open that wont be true.
Rise should be manageable since they’re going back to boarding groups. They need to just be extra cautious of how they’re calling numbers so people are pulsed through more quickly rather than a more stagnant line.

Last edited:

carolina_yankee

I was surprised when I saw Tim Tracker's video yesterday of how much plexiglass shielding there is in the queues and on ride vehicles separating rows. I honestly believe that Disney has made things as safe as they can possibly be. That doesn't mean "let your guard down," but I'm impressed with what I've seen.

Dirk

Miss Bella

Good thing there are a few sides then because others would come in and think Disney has never done anything wrong.

Before you respond just know I have been going since 1973. DVC member since 2004 and annual passholder since the same time. I put my money where my month is. Love Disney and will be going again when things change a bit real soon I hope.
But I’m not a apologist nor will I sit back and throw pixie dust on everything they do.

They seem to have a handle on this and from most reports, not all, seem to be taking the correct steps to make people at least feel safe. Kudos to them. Still, when someone reports something that actually happened that could be bad, it needs to be said and reported. That’s the way changes come about. Say the good and also the bad.
Hopefully a month from now we can all be talking about how well it was handled. That would be the best thing to happen. But always keep a eye out.
Considering what I've seen on this thread I have a hard time believing you.

DisneyDebRob

Considering what I've seen on this thread I have a hard time believing you.
What part do you not believe? I don’t lie.

Your welcome to check my posts, you won’t find one of me saying Disney should not open. I have said multiple times to take it slow and safe which is what they are doing.
As for the other things, there are many here that know me and I really don’t need to explain to you about my DVC or my age. I’ll give you a hint, I’m older then you are probably so 1973 should not come as a shock.
If Disney does something good, I’ll say it. If they do bad, I’ll say it. It’s the way it should be with not only them but all business.

Miss Bella

What part do you not believe? I don’t lie.

Your welcome to check my posts, you won’t find one of me saying Disney should not open. I have said multiple times to take it slow and safe which is what they are doing.
As for the other things, there are many here that know me and I really don’t need to explain to you about my DVC or my age. I’ll give you a hint, I’m older then you are probably so 1973 should not come as a shock.
If Disney does something good, I’ll say it. If they do bad, I’ll say it. It’s the way it should be with not only them but all business.
If people's views on opening businesses didn't coincide with their "other" views maybe I would believe that, but after following this thread for the last month I'm convinced there are certain number of posters that would like nothing less than the country to implode. That became very evident with the 4th of July posts. They may love Disney, but at the moment Disney's opening doesn't fit their narrative.

TrainsOfDisney

If people's views on opening businesses didn't coincide with their "other" views maybe I would believe that, but after following this thread for the last month I'm convinced there are certain number of posters that would like nothing less than the country to implode. That became very evident with the 4th of July posts. They may love Disney, but at the moment Disney's opening doesn't fit their narrative.

It goes both ways... I’m convinced that some posters want everything in the world to remain open with no restrictions and the people who get sick get sick. That seems a bit extreme as well.

My “other” views have nothing to do with my view on Disney opening or not. I think California is making the right calling by playing it safer, and I think Florida is not making the right call. Disney is just following what they are allowed to do, that’s all they can do.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
What did I miss on the 4th of July? Besides fireworks ;););)

oceanbreeze77

I know we've talked on other posts about how an outbreak would make Disney look bad, but with how bad they're getting skewered today, even one case traced back to Disney will be very destructive. Something for Disney to consider.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I know we've talked on other posts about how an outbreak would make Disney look bad, but with how bad they're getting skewered today, even one case traced back to Disney will be very destructive. Something for Disney to consider.
I really haven’t seen the skewering. I’m actually surprised there wasn’t more bad press. There were some headlines and reports talking about Disney opening in the middle of a spike in cases in FL but almost every story I’ve seen also goes on to talk about how Disney‘s safety precautions are above and beyond what anyone else is doing. They did a pretty good job with PR spin and this is coming from someone who has said for weeks now that there was a big PR risk with opening during a spike in cases. There’s still a risk of an outbreak traced back to WDW but so far, so good on the PR front.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Offices are typically enclosed spaces where people sit in the same location around the same people for the entire day. Quite a bit different.
Offices that are open near me generally have similar safety protocols as WDW with masks and physical distancing and temp checks to get into the building. Being indoor they still pose a higher risk than the outdoor portions of theme parks. IMHO indoor dining still poses a greater risk than either offices or theme parks (assuming both have masks and distancing). With dining you are still in an indoor setting without masks for an extended period of time. Distancing can help some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom