Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

oceanbreeze77

Atlanta is rolling back to phase 1 -

"Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms is preparing to roll back the city's reopening plans as coronavirus cases surge, a spokesperson told Channel 2 Action News Friday.

The city will go back to Phase 1, in which all residents are ordered to stay home except for essential trips."

also:

SoCalMort

You lost me... Mine was an honest question. I'm a critical thinker by nature, and I like to look at all the evidence. If he has evidence that deaths are increasing, I'd like to see it.

The evidence from the CDC is that:
- Fewer than 200 people, age 24 and under, have died from COVID.
- Fewer than 22,500 people have died that are age 65 and under.
- They also state that only 6% of deaths were from ONLY COVID, and that the other 94% included other factors, like pneumonia.

Oops. Sorry. My bad...

Just trying to point out they clearly state not all deaths are accounted for since, I assume, there is a lag in reporting and entering the data.

Chip Chipperson

I guees the AAP isn't 100% on board the Send All Kids Back to School train after all.

oceanbreeze77

I guees the AAP isn't 100% on board the Send All Kids Back to School train after all.

they never were. eager people only took what they wanted from the initial statement from them. They had originally stated IF safety protocols would be implemented and IF the safety of students could be guaranteed, then it would be best for them to return.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
they never were. eager people only took what they wanted from the initial statement from them. They had originally stated IF safety protocols would be implemented and IF the safety of students could be guaranteed, then it would be best for them to return.

initial statement. Thorough report. Same thing. Hah.

toolsnspools

Oops. Sorry. My bad...

Just trying to point out they clearly state not all deaths are accounted for since, I assume, there is a lag in reporting and entering the data.
Noted. The trend is obvious though, and with a potential 10 day lag, the data from 2 weeks prior should be complete.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I thought there would be more.
Based on the 120K positive tests in the last 2 weeks a little under 6% of those cases in the hospital. Now some could have been in the hospital more than 2 weeks and others in the 120K number could have gone in and gotten discharged already, but they probably cancel each other out. I’m assuming the majority of the hospitalizations are among those who got sick in the last 2 weeks. 6% seems a little lower than the overall hospitalization rate for Covid since the start. I thought that was somewhere between 10-15% but I’m not sure if that was worldwide or just US. Maybe someone has the number.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
9,700 in a population of 29M is 334 per million.
7,000 in a population of 21M is 333 per million.

Weird how close they are :)
Haha. I guess not surprising. Although their recent efforts over the last week to mitigate have diverged a bit so we will see what happens. Also, Florida doesn’t have freakin Houston AND Dallas AND San Antonio to deal with at once. So who knows, blah..

milordsloth

After following this thread for so long and being unsure of whether my trip starting tomorrow would happen, it is finally here! Still almost doesnt feel real eventhough I'm all packed and checked in for my flight.. Everything in the US is crazy right now and the covid situation isn't in a good spot, but I absolutely believe WDW is fine to be open with the current procedures. I couldnt be more excited to be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom