Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyOutsider

looks about the same to me if we are comparing the number of tests to the number of cases. More or less flat the last week or so. Not great. They need to start trending down soon. I would also like to see their next hospitalizations update.

It's the worst positivity rate in five days and continues to pull the trending # onto the wrong side of 10%. When you combine that with a significantly lower number of tests (also a bad sign)... it's a step in the wrong direction. If nothing else it's confirming the very troubling trend as of late.

mickeymiss

It's the worst positivity rate in five days and continues to pull the trending # onto the wrong side of 10%. When you combine that with a significantly lower number of tests (also a bad sign)... it's a step in the wrong direction. If nothing else it's confirming the very troubling trend as of late.
What are the actual numbers? Did someone share and I missed it?

Jrb1979

BTW another record low in deaths today 273 , lowest since 3/25, down another 10% from last Sunday's number, down now over 90% since the peak. Sadly some on the thread think that is not good news and shouldn't be shared. Also over 7200 died from something other than Covid today.

ETA - and hospital capacity in Florida has improved.
LOOK WE ALL GET IT. You think it's not as bad as everyone is saying and that we shouldn't be putting in restrictions again. Cases rising is a bad thing and the places where is happening should definitely slow down opening things and that includes delaying or closing theme parks. I seen how Canada as whole has done. Our numbers have dropped and have flattened. The province where I live we have under 200 new cases a day for almost 3 weeks now. Its really sad to see so many on here justifying high case numbers.

You can reopen the economy without places that require mass gatherings. Theme parks, sporting events, concerts and festivals aren't needed right now. IMO all restaurants and bars should only be patios right now.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Will a 15% positive rate do it?
Well...first it was just more tests...

But the positive rates have rise so that doesn’t work

Then it was “not serious cases”....but hospitalizations rise...so that doesn’t work.

ICU bed statistics...which lag...are just now starting to go that way too...that will be dismissed soon enough.

So we’re down to “not a lot of deaths...”

There’s just nothing to kick the football at right now.
Let’s go ahead and say this was a “pre-determined goal of herd immunity by “geniuses” from the start”

?? Why not...we wouldn’t want to kill the argument and start agreeing oh at least the trends, right?

kong1802

looks about the same to me if we are comparing the number of tests to the number of cases. More or less flat the last week or so. Not great. They need to start trending down soon. I would also like to see their next hospitalizations update.

Are you referring to the positivity rate?

Because if you draw a trend line from 6/21 to yesterday, it's not exactly flat.

But also hasnt gone vertical yet. Now last 4 days have held somewhat steady...

Do wish it would start slanting down though...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
LOOK WE ALL GET IT. You think it's not as bad as everyone is saying and that we shouldn't be putting in restrictions again. Cases rising is a bad thing and the places where is happening should definitely slow down opening things and that includes delaying or closing theme parks. I seen how Canada as whole has done. Our numbers have dropped and have flattened. The province where I live we have under 200 new cases a day for almost 3 weeks now. Its really sad to see so many on here justifying high case numbers.

You can reopen the economy without places that require mass gatherings. Theme parks, sporting events, concerts and festivals aren't needed right now. IMO all restaurants and bars should only be patios right now.
Yeah...but you’re Canadian and by default more common sense/reasonable...

So we can’t have that 🤪

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

ehh. I’m not going to get any more alarmed at a positivity rate for one day. More about the 7 day rolling, which is more or less flat (not perfectly though). As I said, not good though. Need to get testing to a consistently higher rate

DisneyOutsider

ehh. I’m not going to get any more alarmed at a positivity rate for one day. More about the 7 day rolling, which is more or less flat (not perfectly though). As I said, not good though. Need to get testing to a consistently higher rate
And that 7-day rolling figure is a very high number... way higher than it should be. One day isn't cause for alarm, but this number just made the 7-day go even higher.

kong1802

Then it was “not serious cases”....but hospitalizations rise...so that doesn’t work.

ICU bed statistics...which lag...are just now starting to go that way too...that will be dismissed soon enough.

Let’s go ahead and say this was a “pre-determined goal of herd immunity by “geniuses” from the start”

?? Why not...we wouldn’t want to kill the argument and start agreeing oh at least the trends, right?

You forgot that ICU bed stats are now "ICU surge bed stats" - Gotta get with the new stats.

To your point, it isn't going to matter. If death rates go up, we will be back to the "they are counting nose bleeds as covid deaths" arguments....

Charlie Brown had a better shot at kicking that ball than we do........

Rider

ehh. I’m not going to get any more alarmed at a positivity rate for one day. More about the 7 day rolling, which is more or less flat. As I said, not good though.
Positivity rates should be below 5%. Anything above that indicates that you are not testing enough and are missing a LOT of cases. It's not about more people being sick it's about finding out how much the virus is spreading in the community. It's a measure of how well you are controlling through identifying and tracking cases. FL is doing a poor job.

FL is second worst state (third if you count PR).

oceanbreeze77

what's interesting is I'm already seeing a defense (not on here) of "look it went way down to 5000" from the SAME people who told everyone that the case count doesn't matter.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Do remember 3 months ago when the hoaxers where using the % positive rate as proof this was “no worse than the flu”??

Well it was a hell of a lot less than 15.71%.

I just don’t know why we can’t agree this is not trending right and we may all - despite the obvious politics - agree we may have to slow down and perhaps go more conservative? Including Disney parks...

The problem is the “no big deal camp” - from where I sit - has entered the Alamo. The only “argument” left is “not a lot of deaths”

Is that the bar we want to set for this now?

The whole thing sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom