Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jwink

[

Maybe he should try Uber eats. Everyone is doing delivery and the demand is huge.
He could but that’s still pretty exposed. He loves his Disney job... but not with the cases where they are.

none of it matters anyhow- he’s been back at work for a bit. He’s taking all the precautions he can. If they close he’ll feel safer. If they don’t he’s worried.

Jwink

[

There are millions of people without work and thousands of business owners that have lost everything. Just be thankful he has a job. There's no exposure doing Uber eats. What does he do a WDW that's so life-threatening

I would have to be honest and say nothing is inherently life threatening. I consider exposure to coworkers, small frequented break rooms, and daily (though not all day) exposure to guests pretty risky.

Miss Bella

I would have to be honest and say nothing is inherently life threatening. I consider exposure to coworkers, small frequented break rooms, and daily (though not all day) exposure to guests pretty risky.
If that's risky. He's going to find a hard time finding a non-risky job.

Jwink

I got concerned when she said Uber eats leaves you exposed. You enter the restaurant with your mask on(you could literally wear a hazmat suit if you wanted), get the food, drive to the house, set the food on the doorstep, ring the bell, and run. If that's exposure I give up.
I guess you’re right about that. I am a nursing mom of a teething infant and I forgot about masks for a second. In and out of the restaurant would work.

but he’s got a job at Disney so I don’t know why people keep suggesting he get another job... as though having 3 jobs isn’t enough (and for transparency sake I say he has 2 jobs, he says he has 3. He has Disney, Columbia sportswear is part time, and his 3rd is arena events but he does that like 2x a year so I don’t count it- but he does)

he loves his Disney job... but with almost 10K cases a day... it’s not safe.

Jwink

I give up. I was trying to have some sympathy and be helpful, but my "give a crap bone" just broke. I wish you luck you're going to need it.
Why would you give up when I suggest people working while there are 10K cases a day deserve proper protection equipment and extra pay for exposure? That’s not a tall order.

Lilofan

Your husband may not feel comfortable going back to work, but there are a lot of cast members that are ready to be back at work. My husband was happy when he got the call to come back, as were each of the people he had the pleasure to call with return to work dates.
Yes I know some who are happy to go back to work especially with the Florida eviction ban to expire July 1 ( so they won't be out on the street and homeless ) and the $600 per week stimulus check that runs out in July. For the staff that want to stay home and not go back to work due to their own reasons, good luck trying to survive and pay your bills when these two areas I mentioned run out. There are millions of Floridians unemployed ( ie Orange County 23.2% unemployed, Osceola County 32.1% unemployed ) and if given the opportunity would jump at the opportunity to work at WDW.

lisa12000

Do you know what I have some sympathy with the anxiety You feel I really do as I suffer massively from anxiety and I know that these circumstances have made me jumpy and worried every day - so I get it! I am in the uk and we are fed negative stories about cluster, second waves, how dangerous going to the gym is or going to swim(they’re not open yet) and yesterday out of a population of 67 million we have 901 cases! So I can imagine how having 9000 feels!

However, I have to admit that some of the things you have said have made me think that you would feel the same anxiety if there were 901 cases or even 90! The fact is the virus is circulating and your husband is probably more likely to meet someone with it as you are out and about rather than at Disney. I’m assuming your husband may work a front of house, customer service role as you mentioned about meeting guests but all I will say there has been no mass reports of shop workers getting sick over here because of the precautions taken - and I’m sure that Disney have ramped them up x 1000 (masks arent mandated in shops here and only 20-30% wear them) - he will be safe and looked after! I know this won’t help you feel less anxious but hopefully by the time he has been back a few weeks and he’s happy and comfortable you will feel the same

just look at how many people are unhappy with all the restrictions to see how Disney are taking this seriously - if they weren’t everything would be more normal that it is going to be

nyfrenchy

"surviving" doesn't mean "recovering". Permanent lung damage is not something to **** with.

Also, I feel bad for your kid. Hopefully he can live a good life after he drops your ***.

Covid-19 can also cause permanent damage to kidneys, heart, some cases even had permanent loss of smell and or taste

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There is nowhere in Flordia that overall hospitalization are going up or surging , if that is the theme park state you are implying.

FYI 87% is not rare at all for ICU's even prior Covid, take you false panic elsewhere.
California...actually.

And things aren’t going well. Continue to “will” the rest of the world to your thought pattern...while it ignores you.
We’re not going back into lockdown. There is going to be a pull back in the re-opening in some places but it’s very limited for now. Obvious things that could be problems are being reconsidered. That’s a far cry from the full stay at home orders.
“Opening” without the consumer confidence for people to return to normal patronization is pointless. It will be catastrophic economically...which is what they said they were opening to avoid.

Or this is all political crap - you decide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom