Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyCane

One interesting thing developing , still running it down. The data for new cases might be a bit skewed. CDC or some states not sure yet. but each test that is positive is counted as a new case. As an example, say a Covid patient is in the hospital on Remdesivir is tested every day for five days (which they do) gets with five positives, each is counted as a new case. might explain some portion of the discrepancy b/t cases and hospitalizations. Or you have to test negative twice before leaving isolation. Every positive is counted as a new case. So in theory u could test + wait 2 weeks test - then + because of false positive then - but the + would still be counted.

Might not be the case, but a reason that case numbers alone are not a great metric.

I don't know about other States but Florida does not report that way. They do it correctly:

Percent positivity for new cases
This percent is the number of people who test positive for the first time divided by all the people tested that day, excluding people who have previously tested positive.

Kevin_W

"Initially, Disney Vacation Club Members and Guests who wanted to modify their existing travel date or make new reservations could book for travel dates after July 1st, 2020. Now, that has been pushed back. Reservations are now available for August 1st, 2020 and later, as provided an update on the Aulani website."

Hawaii's quarantine order is extended currently through July 31 and Gov. Ige is supposed to announce sometime this week the state's plans fro allowing travel to the state. Hopefully this announcement by Disney/Aulani means that they have some idea of what that will be (people have been saying for 6 weeks now that they can follow the Iceland/Alaska model - require negative test before boarding a plane or be quarantined).

We have a trip to Kauai booked for August 6 that I really don't want to cancel. So I hope this is good news.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
International customer base. The Europeans love Orlando.

But international is also a big reason the US economy will suffer. Other countries don't understand how we let this happen. I read an interesting article how Europeans came together to knock out the virus, instead of pointing fingers at one age group to stay home.

History is usually written when the dust settles...

But you don’t need that here...it can be explained with one five letter word combined with the year

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Just as an FYI...the 3 governors in the combined press conference said the restriction was because of “community spread”...not spike in cases.

If that seems like an outright shot at the policies of the denier states...it’s because it is.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I rented a beach house in FL for July 18th....wonder how this is gonna go down, hah
Me too, same day as well in Perdido Key. I'm just driving from Georgia so it shouldn't be an issue. As long as there is ample space on the beach and we can make our own meals in the condo, I feel pretty good about it.

rowrbazzle

I agree with the comments about how the media just wants you to put on a mask, hide in your home and shut up. That's not a solution to anything. That's not based on any science.

These are all good things. And they're all based on science.

It's a progression. If you can stay home, that's ideal. When you can't, do your best to stay clear of people and wear a mask. And if you can't do any of those things, then at least shut up so your gems aren't expelled from your mouth. 😄

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom