Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyCane

Poking through the dashboard, it appears that the following counties were the major drivers of today's explosion vs. the last few days:

Brevard, Dade, Hillsborough (300 cases higher than previous high), Lee, Orange (100+ over previous high), Pasco, Seminole, and St. Lucie (a little). I was looking for counties with significant increases yesterday over the other days of this recent spike.

One observation is that it is not an across the board spike. The counties (even ones with similar population density areas) do not behave the same as each other. From Monday to Tuesday Broward was flat and Dade had an increase of over 250 cases. The two counties are pretty similar and adjacent.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Trading the news rarely works unless you have access to futures markets. Markets have been bullish on a gradual recovery. Seems that there are some fears that we are hitting a big set-back. I think the quarantine orders from NY are a pretty loud signal.
...yeah. Investors have been forced into market trading because there’s no interest rates and no money in anything else.

Also...and this is the definition of scum...they’re guessing about how massive layoffs and salary dumping once this is all over will make companies “more valuable”

What a slimey world.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
...I’ll give Pennsylvania till about noon tomorrow
There go my plans to visit the Smokey Mountains in August instead of WDW. I guess I’ll start looking at cabin rentals on the TN side since NC is on that list now ;)

These travel bans were always a political stunt. People got annoyed when I said that back in April when FL started this and it still applies today. There are counties in western NC where there have only been 40 cases all time but someone from there has to quarantine 14 days if they visit a county in upstate NY which also has only had 40 cases all time.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Actually its more than that. Currently if you travel to FL from NY/NJ/CT you are required to 14 day quarantine, then you can go about your plans but now on the return to your home state of NY/NJ/CT, guess what it's another 14 day quarantine for you upon return.
Unlike Florida...there’s some rumblings here in the JERZ that they’re actually gonna track this.

Like if you go to your office 5 days after coming back from Florida...stiff penalties.

It’s been a no joke struggle here for 4 months...I can’t fault not messing around now when things just reopened and the cases have gone to near flatline

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There go my plans to visit the Smokey Mountains in August instead of WDW. I guess I’ll start looking at cabin rentals on the TN side since NC is on that list now ;)

These travel bans were always a political stunt. People got annoyed when I said that back in April when FL started this and it still applies today. There are counties in western NC where there have only been 40 cases all time but someone from there has to quarantine 14 days if they visit a county in upstate NY which also has only had 40 cases all time.
I was just speculating...but I bet the Wolf will be along shortly

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

I rented a beach house in FL for July 18th....wonder how this is gonna go down, hah

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Poking through the dashboard, it appears that the following counties were the major drivers of today's explosion vs. the last few days:

Brevard, Dade, Hillsborough (300 cases higher than previous high), Lee, Orange (100+ over previous high), Pasco, Seminole, and St. Lucie (a little). I was looking for counties with significant increases yesterday over the other days of this recent spike.

One observation is that it is not an across the board spike. The counties (even ones with similar population density areas) do not behave the same as each other. From Monday to Tuesday Broward was flat and Dade had an increase of over 250 cases. The two counties are pretty similar and adjacent.
Could be related to reporting or even testing delays. Someone takes a vacation day and some Of the data gets reported a day later or lab tests take an extra day. I know where I live now we see a dip every week on Sunday/Monday and an uptick Tuesday due to both those reasons. Also our drive thru testing center is closed on the weekends now. This weekend was particularly skewed because the county offices were closed on Fri for Juneteenth.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I rented a beach house in FL for July 18th....wonder how this is gonna go down, hah
My boss lives in NJ and has a house booked in central FL in August in one of those communities with a pool. He ruled out taking the kids to a theme park already but was planning to still go and just hang at the house and pool. This will almost certainly result in a cancel now. He won’t want to have to quarantine for 14 days and it was the end of August so his kids wouldn’t be able to start school. Not a good development for the tourism industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom