Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

legwand77

That generalization in this case is correct.

Follow the business stories about airline bookings. The people that matter...aren’t down.

The nudnicks that don’t or can’t afford to travel...frankly don’t matter. At least not for Disney.

in your opinion, I know many that have traveled and flown, obviously not back to normal as most arent allowed to travel or have work limitations or can't cross borders etc.

Kevin_W

In the U.S? On Sunday's yes, they are down to 200-300 a day.

Much higher during the week- yesterday it was almost 900, and given the new cases spikes I would expect deaths to start going back up.

Its not good.

Overall, I'd agree with "not good". Particularly with cases for the country going back up. I'm not sure I'd expect fatalities to go back up, however. That trend has been pretty consistent, whether this is because of better treatment, different age ranges being affected, or something else.

1593013086996.png

schuelma

Overall, I'd agree with "not good". Particularly with cases for the country going back up. I'm not sure I'd expect fatalities to go back up, however. That trend has been pretty consistent, whether this is because of better treatment, different age ranges being affected, or something else.

I agree that the death rates will not spike to what they were in April- it looks like our medical system has a better idea of how to treat, and the infected are skewing younger.

But just based on the huge new case numbers coming out of CA, TX, AZ, and FL, I think its reasonable to expect things to spike up in the weeks ahead.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I agree that the death rates will not spike to what they were in April- it looks like our medical system has a better idea of how to treat, and the infected are skewing younger.

But just based on the huge new case numbers coming out of CA, TX, AZ, and FL, I think its reasonable to expect things to spike up in the weeks ahead.
From Disney business perspective...I’m not sure death rates matter?

The perception of uncontrolled spread or possible danger is what is gonna crush travel for a longer time and with more damage.

That die is being cast daily

kong1802

From Disney business perspective...I’m not sure death rates matter?

The perception of uncontrolled spread or possible danger is what is gonna crush travel for a longer time and with more damage.

That die is being cast daily

We just gotta get the message out that summer is coming and it will solve the problem.

Oh wait, it is summer now you say?

Fall. Fall is coming, it will solve the problem.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Once you see large numbers of cast members come down with CV then they’re going to have problems at Disney World. And that’s not a matter of if it happens but when.
Bingo...cast outbreaks stories will be pounced on by the international and mainstream press.

Then it’s game over for the year in Orlando. Disney knows this.

People not booking for 12-18 months makes it POINTLESS for them to be open.

Might as well close and get the government to bail them out.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Well that is your opinion and I respect that. Very large generalization but your opinion.
Fair enough that it’s a generalization and anecdotal but I live in PA and I work in NJ. Two of the biggest states in the country where WDW customers come from (don’t believe me, book a trip the first weekend in November during the NJ teacher conference). I know at least a dozen families (me included) who had trips planned to FL and WDW this summer. The majority either cancelled or were on the fence, but the recent spike in cases is pushing the remaining people off the fence. In a discussion with several people this week they all said they were concerned with the case spike. It is having an impact for sure. There are some people who don’t care and will travel anyway, but the economy doesn’t work with just some people.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Fair enough that it’s a generalization and anecdotal but I live in PA and I work in NJ. Two of the biggest states in the country where WDW customers come from (don’t believe me, book a trip the first weekend in November during the NJ teacher conference). I know at least a dozen families (me included) who had trips planned to FL and WDW this summer. The majority either cancelled or were on the fence, but the recent spike in cases is pushing the remaining people off the fence. In a discussion with several people this week they all said they were concerned with the case spike. It is having an impact for sure. There are some people who don’t care and will travel anyway, but the economy doesn’t work with just some people.
DVC member statistics...as well as the wdw internal data I once had acces to...back your claims.

What’s important to them?
Florida
California
New York
New Jersey
Pennsylvania
Massachusetts
Illinois
Texas
Maryland
Connecticut

...check where the money is and you’ll find an interesting correlation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom