Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyDebRob

How much for the bridge? My business never closed and got a PPP loan to make payroll with lost revenue.

Or 28th in fatalities per 1 million population which is the only relevant way to compare the states.

BTW, using the numbers I had stored from the other day, here is the age breakdown of the new cases for the past 4 days:

AgeCases 6/20-6/23Percent
0-4
262​
2%​
5-14
541​
4%​
15-24
3299​
22%​
25-34
3646​
24%​
35-44
2353​
16%​
45-54
2076​
14%​
55-64
1440​
10%​
65-74
732​
5%​
75-84
430​
3%​
85+
251​
2%​

The median age is under 34. 82% of the new cases are 44 and under, with 46% in the 15-34 age group. This first wave, phase 2 outbreak is clearly being driven by the young adult demographic.

Over 52% of fatalities to date were residents of nursing homes (Long Term Care Facilities in the official language) and 86% are ages 65+.
Consider your business very lucky, there are many that couldn’t get one.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It’s ironic that FL is on the list. So if someone from NY goes to FL for their WDW vacation, they must quarantine when they return home. Some folks can work from home, but some cannot. This could but a kink in some folks WDW vacation plans.
Plus all the snow birds coming home for the summer. Hopefully for them a lot got out already.

DisneyOutsider

It’s ironic that FL is on the list. So if someone from NY/NJ/Conn goes to FL for their WDW vacation, they must quarantine when they return home. Some folks can work from home, but some cannot. This could but a kink in some folks WDW vacation plans.

I'd say it's very appropriate the Florida is on the list. Won't be surprised to see other states follow suit.

DCBaker

Premium Member
It’s ironic that FL is on the list. So if someone from NY/NJ/Conn goes to FL for their WDW vacation, they must quarantine when they return home. Some folks can work from home, but some cannot. This could but a kink in some folks WDW vacation plans.

And technically, at least as of today, people from those states are supposed to quarantine for 14 days if they travel to FL (not that it was enforced).

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Where California, Florida, and Texas are sitting (obviously things change daily as cases rise)...

1593014622680.png

3BratsToDisney

Actually its more than that. Currently if you travel to FL from NY/NJ/CT you are required to 14 day quarantine, then you can go about your plans but now on the return to your home state of NY/NJ/CT, guess what it's another 14 day quarantine for you upon return.

DisneyOutsider

I’ve honestly stopped following the markets. They’ve jumped the shark for me.

Trading the news rarely works unless you have access to futures markets. Markets have been bullish on a gradual recovery. Seems that there are some fears that we are hitting a big set-back. I think the quarantine orders from NY are a pretty loud signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom