Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopemax

That’s one side. There’s another side that has said the current CDC numbers are finally catching up to reality. I guess you can choose to believe whoever you want. I’d prefer to believe the reality of the situation and not the simulations of what could maybe, possibly, happen.
I prefer the side that says: If the "best estimate" says 1.3% of people 65+ will die, and then you go to NYC and see that 1.8% of the people 65+ have already died (with the pandemic ongoing, so this number will continue to increase) your best estimate is wrong.

It's the continued flaw from the "it's not that bad" side. More people have died than these estimates predict.

Angelo721

I think the best way is for all of us to stay inside our homes until ALL Disease, Famine, and Wars are over. :)

Persons 1-2,000 don't have to go to Disney. If they do they risk getting sick. If they get sick and then do not stay home and get better then they are jerks. Don't be cavalier and go to work sick. Stay Home!

If you are high-risk, don't go to Disney World. Stay-Home!

We don't want to mention all of the bad stuff going on at home because we all have been home out of work for two months. COVID-19 is not the only thing hurting people right now.

As for the masks. I hate them with a passion. But I found a solution, wear the tubular face coverings. They go around your neck and you can pull them up. My head is too small for those masks with the elastic.

Orange County fire rescue is going to be busy. We are going to have a lot of heat stroke victims with all of us not breathing properly. Good luck everyone!

rnese

That's not science. That's probability and chance. So is Russian Roulette. Only in this version of the "game" you're holding the gun to multiple people's head, not just your own. If you were to actually play such a "game" and someone died as a result you would be arrested for murder. Draw your own conclusions as to how it applies. I'm done with answering posts and trying to educate the idiots.

We all know the majority of people today are selfish and only care how they immediately are affected. That's why nothing that the sensible say about caution and caring for others before ourselves will make a hill of beans.
"Holding a gun to people's head."
"Trying to educate the idiots."
"We all know the majority of people today are selfish..."
SMH

brianstl

Disagree...

They know exactly how their money is made in the parks and where it’s coming from.

Those conditions have to be in place or it makes no sense to go down that road.

They days of empty January, May, September crowds are long gone. They won’t be coming back due to the monetary requirements in the division now.
I agree with this to an extent, but they run into the risk that continually canceling peoples vacations leads to them to deciding to do something else, maybe even Universal.

TrainsOfDisney

There are also many many people on the unemployment+ plan, who have zero desire to go back to work. And who can blame them honestly?

I’m one of them. I didn’t want a paid vacation, but I’d rather be sitting at home making my own choices about my health and safety then having a boss tell me what I should or shouldn’t do right now.

Paper straws anyone?

Only if it’s handed to me with a “Disney Parks” branded cocktail napkin!

rowrbazzle

Absolutely correct. I have been good about wearing masks in stores that I have to go to, keeping as distant as I can possibly be, waiting my turn to get to the items on the shelves in the grocery store that I need. I agree there are others who arent, but from what I have seen they are the extreme minority. Much respect to all of our essential workers!!! Marie

Ah, that's good to hear. I had to ship some packages the other day and it took a while. I probably saw 10 other customers during my time in the UPS store. Only one didn't have on a mask and everyone seemed respectful of each other and the employees. It was the same at the post office. There was a long line, but folks were giving each other space and everyone was wearing a mask. I was encouraged.

Last edited:

Sweet Thing

There are also many many people on the unemployment+ plan, who have zero desire to go back to work. And who can blame them honestly?

That + part of unemployment only goes to July 31. I huge number of people in Florida haven't been receiving unemployment payments since the system is so broken. I know a lot who are still cast members who cannot wait to get back to work just so they can pay their bills!

ImperfectPixie

I’m one of them. I didn’t want a paid vacation, but I’d rather be sitting at home making my own choices about my health and safety then having a boss tell me what I should or shouldn’t do right now.
Unfortunately, for those companies getting PPP loans, workers are required to be working, so it's no longer up to you.

RaveOnEd

Unfortunately, for those companies getting PPP loans, workers are required to be working, so it's no longer up to you.
Yep! I work for a company that's been taking in and helping to process PPP loans for credit unions, and that was one of the requirements. Same with unemployment: if you are recalled to work, ya gotta go. If not, no more money. This wasn't geared to give people vacations.

ImperfectPixie

Yep! I work for a company that's been taking in and helping to process PPP loans for credit unions, and that was one of the requirements. Same with unemployment: if you are recalled to work, ya gotta go. If not, no more money. This wasn't geared to give people vacations.
Which is fine...but we're in the middle of a health crisis, and people are being forced back to work even if they're at high risk for symptoms.

Patcheslee

I agree with this to an extent, but they run into the risk that continually canceling peoples vacations leads to them to deciding to do something else, maybe even Universal.
I don't even have a Disney vacation scheduled for July, it's a Cedar Point vacation, and with the lack of info for opening I'VE even thought about doing Universal, or Dollywood, or about any park that actually has an opening date announced. I need a light at the end of the tunnel and guess someone stole the batteries in the flashlight :banghead:

RaveOnEd

Which is fine...but we're in the middle of a health crisis, and people are being forced back to work even if they're at high risk for symptoms.
If you're sick with the virus, then that's one thing. But if a business has been cleared to open with the protocols in place to reopen safely, then your choices are to either return to work there or find another job. The extra stimulus money you would get stops, and so does any other form of unemployment.

ImperfectPixie

If you're sick with the virus, then that's one thing. But if a business has been cleared to open with the protocols in place to reopen safely, then your choices are to either return to work there or find another job. The extra stimulus money you would get stops, and so does any other form of unemployment.
Also acceptable. HOWEVER...the employees (and clients) at a specific company aren't being made to adhere to the policies the company put in place as part of re-opening - which were e-mailed to everyone prior to the re-open date. (Yes...I'm talking about a real-world situation.) The company has also reversed direction on something stated (again, in writing) at the beginning of the pandemic that is costing many employees hundreds of dollars.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Surgical masks, worn correctly, are proven effective. The problem is the masks we are wearing are not surgical masks, and from what I see and hear, they are not being worn correctly.
Screenshot_20200513-145947.png

RaveOnEd

Also acceptable. HOWEVER...the employees (and clients) at a specific company aren't being made to adhere to the policies the company put in place as part of re-opening - which were e-mailed to everyone prior to the re-open date. (Yes...I'm talking about a real-world situation.) The company has also reversed direction on something stated (again, in writing) at the beginning of the pandemic that is costing many employees hundreds of dollars.
In that case, you need to pursue other avenues of correcting what's going on there. But in the world of the PPP loans, it's black and white: job reactivated, you go back or find other work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom