Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Let's also blame the state for the murder, rape, and other atrocities carried out by it's citizens. Good tactic. Anything to avoid personal accountability. :rolleyes:
Huh? How are those compariable to a person going to an open theme park? I get if you don’t want WDW to open. Maybe you think they are moving too quickly. But being upset with people that go when they do open, following the appropriate guidelines...strange.

Lilofan

How about this scenario:

Person A goes to WDW, doesn’t wear a mask, doesn’t follow guidelines, gets infected but symptoms are mild.

Person A returns home, goes grocery shopping, and coughs all over Person B.

Person B is a nursing home CNA, has been following all precautions, only going out for essential needs, she’s wearing a mask but still gets infected.

Person B however remains asymptomatic, and thus continues to work (she doesn’t have a fever) and even with a mask and good cleaning technique passes the disease to multiple residents who then die.

Is person A at fault?

This can and does happen, and is why some of us view your opinion as a bit selfish. We are all in this together and have a responsibility as part of this society to take some precautions.
It's realistic and could happen. Disney absolved themselves from fault by posting their warning notices.

Chip Chipperson

I said meaningful. Not a handful of cases in a country of millions of cases.

62 out of 70 Texas students came back with the virus on 1 trip. You don't think they interacted with anyone else on their way back from Mexico or after they got home but felt fine so had no idea they were sick? It's not logical to think they spread it to 0 other people before they realized they were sick. If the indications that the R=2 is accurate, then approximately 124 other people got the virus from that group of students, and those 124 people spread it to more people and so on. And that trip was in mid-March at a point when Texas had a low number of cases compared to other places. There's no way to know exactly how many people caught it because those students went on that trip, but when 88.6% of the people on the trip had it then you can reasonably assume more people contracted it from them.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
It’s real easy to follow. This is science at its best. Release info based on what you know at that point.. continue to study and double check.. release updated info if earlier study was off or wrong in anyway. That’s science working at its finest. Tomorrow may bring something new, so I’m glad to see science working like it should.

There are no discrepancies, just updated info as more data is taken in.
Again, my point wasn't about science not working (it obviously is). My point was that some people selective choose which "new research" they use to justify their personal beliefs, which are not science.

Hawg G

Because those people never existed. You weren’t paying attention.

The concept was viral spread without treatment (most of us are smart enough not to take the wrong drugs and self medicate) could have caused widespread lack of the ability to respond and even more economic rot.

Nothing in that warning was proven “untrue” In 95,000 attributed deaths (likely under reported) and 1.6 million cases. We still have no course of treatment or preventative drugs that can lessen the severity of bad infection cases.

Yet some how, certainly not because viruses like the flu do the exact same thing, Covid is dieing out pretty much everywhere as we approach Summer. Even places that didn’t have tyranny. It’s almost like regardless of if everyone stayed home, or not, the virus has started to go away pretty severely.

Well, damn, who saw that coming?

brianstl

Not true. Social distancing is dependent on others wearing masks to inhibit the exhaling/coughing/sneezing/speaking of particles from their own noses and mouths. Let free and in my personal space it increases my own risk since masks do no protect the wearer from their environment, but reduce the spread out of the mouth/nose of those who are carriers.
It really is true. Unless you decide to spend an extended amount of time close to someone without a facemask, you are not going to get the virus. I guess most people have no clue how infectious dose works when it comes to contracting a virus.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Being a citizen of a country comes with certain rights and RESPONSIBLITIES. If you want to leave society get a private island. I wish I could expound on this more, but that would get political. I’m sorry you feel that way, if enough people do then society will cease to function.
Actually I’d like society to go ahead and start functioning again. What I meant was, we are all dealing with the repercussions of Covid-19. But we sure as bleep ain’t together in the same boat.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
62 out of 70 Texas students came back with the virus on 1 trip. You don't think they interacted with anyone else on their way back from Mexico or after they got home but felt fine so had no idea they were sick? It's not logical to think they spread it to 0 other people before they realized they were sick. If the indications that the R=2 is accurate, then approximately 124 other people got the virus from that group of students, and those 124 people spread it to more people and so on. And that trip was in mid-March at a point when Texas had a low number of cases compared to other places. There's no way to know exactly how many people caught it because those students went on that trip, but when 88.6% of the people on the trip had it then you can reasonably assume more people contracted it from them.
If that R-2 works the way you think it does, everyone would have it anyway.

Hawg G

How about this scenario:

Person A goes to WDW, doesn’t wear a mask, doesn’t follow guidelines, gets infected but symptoms are mild.

Person B is a nursing home CNA, has been following all precautions, only going out for essential needs, she’s wearing a mask but still gets infected.

Person B however remains asymptomatic, and thus continues to work (she doesn’t have a fever) and even with a mask and good cleaning technique passes the disease to multiple residents who then die.

Is person A at fault?

This can and does happen, and is why some of us view your opinion as a bit selfish. We are all in this together and have a responsibility as part of this society to take some precautions.

And that can and does happen every year with the flu (as an EXAMPLE). The EXACT same scenario has and will happen as long as WDW is open.

It’s called life.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Legoland now officially opening on June 1st -

"Guests should be prepared to make on-site purchases using a credit or debit card, as cash will no longer be accepted on property"

"Along with the theme park and water park’s reopening, the brand-new Legoland Pirate Island Hotel will make its debut on June 1. Reservations are available now for travel dates June 1 or later for both Legoland Pirate Island Hotel and Legoland Hotel."

"Legoland Theme Park will be open daily from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., and Legoland Waterpark will be open daily from 12 p.m. – 4 p.m."

Thanks for posting this it was lost amongst the same old tired arguments back and forth :)

There’s some interesting details in there around changes. I did see a separate interview where they talked about the hotels being also limited to 50% capacity and they plan to leave at least 24 hours between guests check out and a new guest checking in. That would seem difficult for Disney to pull off...especially at DVC resorts.

Lilofan

Thanks for posting this it was lost amongst the same old tired arguments back and forth :)

There’s some interesting details in there around changes. I did see a separate interview where they talked about the hotels being also limited to 50% capacity and they plan to leave at least 24 hours between guests check out and a new guest checking in. That would seem difficult for Disney to pull off...especially at DVC resorts.
Would it be be a realistic idea during these covid times if the DVC resort guests are giving a choice to stay at Hilton Head or Vero Beach if there is no room at the inn at WDW?

rnese

How about this scenario:

Is person A at fault?

Just hear me out for a second...

How about this scenario:

Persons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ....... 250 go to WDW. Person 251 is positive.

Persons 1 - 200 never come within 60 feet of Person 251.

Persons 201 - 225 are never within 6 feet of Person 251 for more than 10 minutes.

Persons 226 - 250 come within 6 feet of Person 251, but Person number numbers 226 - 250 aren't carriers.

Oh... Person 251 decided to stay home, sheltered in place. Infecting his/her family at home.

Based upon science...THIS is much more likely. We are all in this together everyday. We were back when the MERS, Swine Flu and the flu of 2017/2018 were going around. Just no agenda for some back then.

Tom P.

And that can and does happen every year with the flu (as an EXAMPLE). The EXACT same scenario has and will happen as long as WDW is open.

It’s called life.
Okay, so clearly, we all understand that COVID-19 is worse than the flu. But it is also not the black plague. So I guess the question is... how bad does a contagious disease have to be before we are no longer willing to say "It's called life" and take the same risks we do with something like the flu? How bad does a disease have to be before it warrants more extreme measures? I don't have the answer. And it seems that no one else does either.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Would it be be a realistic idea during these covid times if the DVC resort guests are giving a choice to stay at Hilton Head or Vero Beach if there is no room at the inn at WDW?
HH is always sold out in the summer. If the island Itself isn‘t open they may cancel on people, but not much room there. I also don’t think they could make people stay that far from WDW. One possibility is offering to shift some people to deluxe cash rooms, specifically people booked in a DVC studio anyway. It may not be the same resort but same class of accommodations.

Communicora

Premium Member
It’s for PR...my opinion.

Mask requirements were DOA and I think the bureaucrats and the business know it.

That’s for Florida/Orlando...not everywhere else where the climate may not be as restrictive
Masks are effective. People who don't want to wear them just don't want to hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom