Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Bella

Those are all benefits. However the real reason is because the Jones Act would require US flagged ships to have been built in the US.

It would also require the majority of the ships crew to be American.
They couldn’t use cheap labor or have Ships built for less money. I’m sure taxes is another benefit.

TrainsOfDisney

If any cast member living and working on Castaway Cay contacted Covid, they would be in huge trouble. I don't think there are any medical facilities on the island. The last time I was there I think the cast live in those makeshift trailers behind the long runway by the adult beach.

Castaway is 10-20 miles away from Great Abaco island which have hospitals. I’m guessing that island as well as others has helicopters that can serve the island in an emergency.

It is a liability the company will have to consider though.

Last edited:

natatomic

It's moving faster than many on here want to think.. or admit to.
(Re-opening that is)

Lets just say, this weekend @ citywalk was watched closely.
The results were "encouraging" to move plans ahead.

I wonder how today was at City Walk. I know it’s already been warm here in Florida, but today was the first day where I felt like the true gross Florida heat and humidity finally reared it’s ugly head. I didn’t even enjoy my maskless 1/3 mile walk to my mailbox (I enjoyed it even less when I got there and realized it was Sunday...🤦🏻‍♀️)

Miss Bella

It's moving faster than many on here want to think.. or admit to.
(Re-opening that is)

Lets just say, this weekend @ citywalk was watched closely.
The results were "encouraging" to move plans ahead.
Maybe they'll open before Disney. It seems like it would be easier for them with only two parks and one water park.

Hawg G

If that’s the case then the near future may not be the time to visit for those of certain age / persuasions.

I will never believe Disney will make little kids wear masks.

This is just like the first round of “true” rumors on how they would open that were ridiculous.

Florida will soon have no mask requirement. All the folks ridiculously thinking Disney will be sued by people saying they caught Covid there. But then NOT thinking Disney would get massively sued by parents of a kid who passes out from heat exhaustion or worse from wearing a mask.

DISNEY WILL NOT FORCE SMALL KIDS TO WEAR MASKS.

Hawg G

In the places more hard hit most people are taking the mask thing very seriously. It’s become a way of life to get basics like groceries, take out food and medicine. Most people know someone who got sick and many know people who died. All the statistics in the world aren‘t helping you feel any better when it’s someone you love who is impacted. I think it’s understandable if you live in a county that has had something like single digit cases overall that you would be less inclined to feel the masks are necessary. Most people probably realize that WDW is different than their local town so more precautions are needed, but who knows. I think the protest crowd is really a small minority. Most people will either follow the rules or choose not to go.

As far as kids go, I have not seen any little kids in masks anywhere. I don’t go out much so it’s a poor sample size but it’s all adults. I can’t imagine bringing a 3 year old to a theme park all day in a mask, but to each their own. I think it’s going to be very difficult for Disney to enforce masks on small children. If a kid is crying and won’t put the mask on are they going to force them to leave? I guess so, but that’s a tough situation for all involved. I’d hate to be a CM forced to deal with all that.

People aren’t taking it seriously, they are simply doing what the tyrannical rules, not laws, require.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I will never believe Disney will make little kids wear masks.

This is just like the first round of “true” rumors on how they would open that were ridiculous.

Florida will soon have no mask requirement. All the folks ridiculously thinking Disney will be sued by people saying they caught Covid there. But then NOT thinking Disney would get massively sued by parents of a kid who passes out from heat exhaustion or worse from wearing a mask.

DISNEY WILL NOT FORCE SMALL KIDS TO WEAR MASKS.
I never said they would.

Lilofan

The US doesn’t really even have the shipyard capabilities to build today’s cruise ships. It’s not just about money. The quality of ship that can be built in a place like Germany is far greater than what can be done here now.
That's not correct. Where does one think the great US military builds their mighty warships? Right here in the USA. One of the main reasons why cruise ships are not built in the USA is because of very high US labor rates. Carnival and Disney as examples won't commit to that. It's too expensive. The US military can build billion dollar warships here and it's at government expense.

Last edited:

Kiwiduck

I just pulled up MyDisneyExperience and it hasn't yet shown a cancellation of my reservations for OKW from May 30 - June 6...which is weird to me, but I'm sure it will happen soon enough.

My 6 day parkhoppers still show up, obviously...I'd love to get a refund on those, but doesn't sound like that's possible. Sounds like I just get a credit for tickets in the future. If someone knows something different, please let me know.

All my dining reservations for that period of time are now not showing up, though.
I received a refund on my park hopper tickets. I bought them through Getaway today and not Disney directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom