Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrb1979

It's not my job to police others or make examples out of them. You don't want to do that either, but your hoping other people do it for you?
Im not saying any guests should do it. CM's should be though. Start with gentle reminders and keep drilling it into peoples head all day if it takes that much. Its frustrating to see so many supposed Disney fans coming up with ways to get around wearing a mask.

Flugell

Just a thought...... how many people will be put off visiting Disney when rules, put in for THEIR safety aren’t enforced. No one has the right to put other people at risk and yes I guess I would be the one yelling and demanding that CM s or the Supervisors do their jobs. The mask is not intended to make you uncomfortable, though it probably will, nor is it a charade to show that Disney are following guidelines, it is to save people’s lives and to allow Disney to operate. I’m in the U.K. so don’t worry I won’t be a very efficient mask police.😷

Miss Bella

Im not saying any guests should do it. CM's should be though. Start with gentle reminders and keep drilling it into peoples head all day if it takes that much. Its frustrating to see so many supposed Disney fans coming up with ways to get around wearing a mask.
Just because I think wearing a mask is unnecessary doesn't mean I won't follow the rules. I can promise you I won't be telling other people what to do. If Disney wants masks they are going to have be the ones to enforce it. I wish them luck.

DisneyDebRob

1589680676836.jpeg

A friend just sent me this, says the website has just been updated. Don’t know if it’s been posted here, if so please delete.

Disorbust

So my two daughters went to Citywalk. At first they thought it was going to work, everyone good with social distancing. More CMs then guests. Everyone wore masks. But then things broke down. They ate at Margeritaville and then is when it downhill. They were given used menus, the service was terrible. The bathrooms are not open in the restaurant so how is anyone washing their hands? No hand sanitizer station you could buy some at the stores.

Calmdownnow

A friend just sent me this, says the website has just been updated.
If this is accurate, does this just suggest that any travel insurance you may have (particularly as a foreign visitor) is invalid because you traveled at your own risk. This is a really scary announcement that if you choose to travel you could get sick, but there's no comeback on anyone other than yourself.
Edit: if flight restrictions from Europe were eased, travel insurance would still be required to cover any medical emergencies and this statement would make it impossible to get insurance for a trip to WDW. What I'm not sure about is whether the same statement would invalidate any health coverage domestic visitors to Disney might have, ie. Disney told you there were health risks, but you went ahead anyway and so the risk was on you so not covered by your health policy.

Last edited:

DisneyDebRob

If this is accurate, does this just suggest that any travel insurance you may have (particularly as a foreign visitor) is invalid because you traveled at your own risk. This is a really scary announcement that if you choose to travel you could get sick, but there's no comeback on anyone other than yourself.
Have no idea about that but I just checked the website and it is on there. Just making sure they are covered for future problems?

DisneyDebRob

Margeritaville is bad tastes, but has a nice spot in Citywalk (overlooks the entrance of Islands of Adventure)

For the rest, I don't know what else you expected, the restaurant industry isn't some magical sanitary experience.
I’m guessing he expected the places that opened to follow the guidelines? Not really much to ask.
Disposable menus, no. Hand sanitizing stations, no. No bathroom open in a restaurant? I thought that was a law, at least it is here.

icc2515

No hand sanitizer station you could buy some at the stores.
This is crazy. I remember when the task force was coming up with the recommendations, there was supposed to be hand sanitizer located at the entrance to the restaurant and at every table. I guess those recommendations got flushed. I also remember them saying that there would be hand sanitizer at the entrance and exit to every ride when the parks open. By time they open it will probably come down to recommending that the guests bring their own sanitizer and hand soap maybe toilet paper too.

Calmdownnow

Have no idea about that but I just checked the website and it is on there. Just making sure they are covered for future problems?
In covering themselves, they may have "uncovered" their guests and stripped away health or travel insurance cushions people might rely upon if they get sick -- the terminology that suggests it is "voluntary assumption of all risk" gives insurers a real escape route to deny coverage.

Epcotbob

I do think if an establishment, like Disney, requires a mask then people should comply or reasonably expect to be kicked out. It’s not really fair to the other patrons that come expecting others to be masked and find out they aren’t.

On the other hand, if an establishment does *not* require a mask, then people should not come still expecting everyone to have a mask on. I’ve seen cases where people are angry and triggered because not everyone has a mask on, like at the local Walmart that does not require it. If you don’t like it, then don’t go there, go find some other place to shop that requires masks.

peter11435

In covering themselves, they may have "uncovered" their guests and stripped away health or travel insurance cushions people might rely upon if they get sick -- the terminology that suggests it is "voluntary assumption of all risk" gives insurers a real escape route to deny coverage.
I don’t think them simply posting that disclaimer even legally gives them an escape route to deny all liability let alone give an outside unnamed third party a route to deny coverage.

Calmdownnow

I don’t think them simply posting that disclaimer even legally gives them an escape route to deny all liability let alone give an outside unnamed third party a route to deny coverage.
You haven't had much exposure to insurance companies -- many will argue every avenue and corner that might allow them to escape paying out.

Patcheslee

You haven't had much exposure to insurance companies -- many will argue every avenue and corner that might allow them to escape paying out.
Some homeowners insurance has a clause that releases them from paying anything if arson is SUSPECTED. You don't even have to be convicted of a crime and payment can be denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom