Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
WoD seems so big that unless they’re doing curbside only somehow, it neither seems safe to let people in the touch everything or monetarily smart to have the requisite number of staff to deal with it. Smaller shops I understand, since it’d be easier to keep track of everyone.
Good spot to get out of the heat and cool off a little. I’m assuming they limit the number of people in/out. Probably close all but 1 entrance to funnel everyone through there. They will need a queue or lined off area outside. It’s a huge store, but doable for social distancing. Just like what a lot of people are doing with groceries and mail/packages delivered today everything gets wiped down at home before opening the packaging and using. For clothing just wash before wearing. It shouldn’t be too bad.

Flugell

Steakhouse at Disney Springs.
Thanks. My vote for closing would be Yesake, where I had one of the worst meals and definitely the worst service EVER followed by Morimoto Asia which was also poor and we love Japanese food.🍷😥 Planet Hollywood used to be brilliant about 10 years ago but nowhere near as nice now. Never tried the Steakhouse at DS and may not bother now! Which DS, to start with, is everyone looking forward to going back to?

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Steakhouse at Disney Springs.

IMO the worst Steakhouse on property. I've tried it 3 times. First time: "meh". Second time: "meh". Third time worse than "meh".

Sure, maybe I caught it on a bad three night run. But I've never had a "We're not going to eat here again" moment- three times in a row. STK is out of strikes - at least for me.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
So, people who know things, with Disney bringing back frontline employees on the 20th, any rumblings of when some of the construction projects may restart?

Seen a lot of clock-starting permit activity and also thinking about things like the SSR reno (Disney isn’t allowed to spend that money on anything else anyways, so they might as well get moving).

Disstevefan1

What they should do is to put a huge sign at the entrance of parking that says NO MASK, NO ENTRY. People have the option to just turn back around or deal with it. Stores can also turn guests away if they entered without masks.

We cannot be lenient to entitlement cause consequences are huge. I hope Disney Springs is monitoring this closely.

In the case of City walk or anywhere else for that matter I suspect the person has a mask went through temp check and bag check with a mask on then simply took it off after they were past security and in city walk. I suspect this will happen in the parks also.

BrianLo

This thread is so long, so apologies if this was brought up a few pages ago.

Been keeping an eye on Shanghai, wait times continue to be quite pleasant despite sold out days. Tickets appear to also be sold out through the next 10 days. Obviously this is all driven by their very cautious low capacity goals.

I really wonder how this will eventually translate to the domestic parks. Even with a lot of cuts to the park experience themselves; there will surely be a real allure to 20-30 minute SDMT wait times, Flight of Passage under an hour, maybe even multiple rides of RoTR, etc.

I really wonder how high demand is going to be for that type of experience. Will we start to see a booming resale ticket market? Will Disney attach a premium ticket price?

Masks will be a non-issue in my eye, people are going to be tripping over each other to sell out the parks.

Jrb1979

The easiest way to stop people from taking off their mask once in the park is make an example of one person. They do it at other parks when people take their cell phone out on a ride.

Giss Neric

In the case of City walk or anywhere else for that matter I suspect the person has a mask went through temp check and bag check with a mask on then simply took it off after they were past security and in city walk. I suspect this will happen in the parks also.
Well, in that case, restaurants and shops should deny him/her service if one enters without a mask. Those people cannot sue or call corporate cause they know it's rules they are breaking. All they have as an excuse is their "rights" and "freedom"

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
At 25% capacity there will be no shortage of people willing to wear masks.

At 50% that group will start to thin.

Anything above that, which, they need to operate profitably, masks will no longer be required.
How do you figure? Epcot runs at about 30% of capacity on a typical day. DHS and AK ran below 50% capacity on an average day for years before their recent revamps.

ifan

As we continue to re-open things, while increasing testing 2-3X from April levels, I truly hope that the new cases continue to decline. It's been fantastic to see the curve declining for two straight weeks even as testing increases.

When you don't have much data, overly broad rules like masks being mandatory 100% of the time, make sense. However, as more data comes in, a more surgical approach will become appropriate. In addition, some of the rules in certain counties are so arbitrary and not based on science, so it creates rebellion for even the rules that DO make sense. For example, LA county you can surf or run/walk on the beach, but you cannot bike or lay down in the sand.

Early data seems to indicate that most infections are occurring indoors or via close family interactions. A person inside a disney store or ride is likely at higher risk of infection than one walking around outside, even in close walking quarters.

On a personal note, masks have been mandatory in my area for over a month and I truly struggle to breathe well in them after about 10 minutes. I don't think I could handle a 12 hour day at Disney with a mask on the entire time. I'd probably have to keep taking "meal breaks" to get proper air. Darn this deviated septum.

TLDR: I look forward to the rules becoming more surgical + based on data over time as Disney learns more about operating in this new reality. May a vaccine be available this fall!

Bill in Atlanta

The easiest way to stop people from taking off their mask once in the park is make an example of one person. They do it at other parks when people take their cell phone out on a ride.
Make them watch the country bear jamboree show 10x in a row if they take their mask off. That’ll show em!

Really though, this is a bad idea.

Jrb1979

Make them watch the country bear jamboree show 10x in a row if they take their mask off. That’ll show em!

Really though, this is a bad idea.
Are you one of those Karen's that yell at people for taking their mask off? LOL
I am not going to yell at others for not following the rules. How is it a bad idea? If you don't enforce the mask wearing rule then why even make people wear them? The mask is everyone's safety.

ifan

I am not going to yell at others for not following the rules. How is it a bad idea? If you don't enforce the mask wearing rule then why even make people wear them? The mask is everyone's safety.

Their argument against your idea was in reference to you saying that someone needs to "make an example" of these individuals. Someone can be pro-mask but still think a kindergarden-style punishment is not the correct way to do things at Disney. Let's treat people like adults and politely remind them of rules, first. Enforcement doesn't mean going straight to the hammer.

Miss Bella

I take it you think people should do what they want once they are in the park? Why even have rules at all and just go back to the way things were. Let what happens happens 🙄
It's not my job to police others or make examples out of them. You don't want to do that either, but your hoping other people do it for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom