Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter11435

That is categorically not true. Your immune system is not weakened by isolation, you are conflating reports of children who are isolated having more allergies to adults. Your immune system has a memory, everything you have been exposed to in the past it remembers.

Age, chronic diseases (diabetes, depression, cancer, obesity etc,) lack of sleep, some medications all lower your immune system.
I’m not conflating the reports regarding children and allergies.

I’m not saying your immune system will not remember what it’s been exposed to in the past. It will. I’m saying that your immune system is currently being shielded from the world and not being exposed to anything new. There will be an overwhelming intolerance to new bacteria and strains of old that nobody has been exposed to and thus not built any immunity to.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

I’m not saying your immune system will not remember what it’s been exposed to in the past. It will. I’m saying that your immune system is currently being shielded from the world and not being exposed to anything new. There will be an overwhelming intolerance to new bacteria and strains of old that nobody has been exposed to and thus not built any immunity to.
It’s been 6 weeks. If our immune systems were out of the game for 6 years that might be the case but it hasn’t been long enough. We did probably end the flu season prematurely. That’s a plus coming out of all this.

peter11435

It’s been 6 weeks. If our immune systems were out of the game for 6 years that might be the case but it hasn’t been long enough. We did probably end the flu season prematurely. That’s a plus coming out of all this.
I didn’t mean that was a problem now. I said the “the longer this goes on.” I don’t think it’s a concern in the near term. But if we drag this out into next year as some want, or isolate until there is a vaccine then this could become an issue.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
Future Trip Report

Here's the flight crew as we boarded the plane:

1588024558808.png

The FP Line for Splash wasn't so bad:

1588024733264.png

I was happy to get back to the Poly in time for my ADR:

1588024808582.png

GoofGoof

Premium Member

ToTBellHop

After six weeks confined to your house, grocery store, Target, and local parks? LOL.

DisneyDebRob

So the NFL is considering various options including delaying the start of the season until October 15. There would be zero reason to keep WDW closed if people are packing football stadiums.

NFL needs the stadium’s packed so it’s good to see they have a variety of things they are looking at. One thing I don’t understand is that they say the two main goals is keeping the 16 game season. I’m sure they can accomplish that by starting the season whenever they would need . The second they say is keeping the super bowl in February. What’s wrong with March? Just run the season when you can and have the SB whenever.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
NFL needs the stadium’s packed so it’s good to see they have a variety of things they are looking at. One thing I don’t understand is that they say the two main goals is keeping the 16 game season. I’m sure they can accomplish that by starting the season whenever they would need . The second they say is keeping the super bowl in February. What’s wrong with March? Just run the season when you can and have the SB whenever.
March or early April could work too. Any later and you start messing up stuff for the next season. The draft and free agency can’t be pushed back too far or the teams won’t be ready for training camp. Players also need to have their off season surgeries and heal up before killing themselves all over again. I wonder how the NBA will deal with that if they do have playoffs in Aug.

ImperfectPixie

Now there will be a run on Pepcid along with tp. 🙃
We're definitely seeing waves of what's out of stock at our stores...it's kind of weird. Today, there was plenty of meat of all kinds, EXCEPT chicken. Purdue cuts of any kind of chicken were wiped out. There was a few packages of some other brand's less popular cuts, and a couple of whole roasters, but not much other than that.

TeriofTerror

Looks like someone out there is bullish on theme parks being open some time soon. Nothing overly optimistic happened today to boost the stocks but maybe just a general bullish sentiment on states starting to open up.

A travel agent I know is claiming a Universal Orlando TM (on their phone line) told her UO is opening June 1st and to expect an official confirmation as early as tomorrow.
I'll personally believe it when I see it, but I was just excited to have something to share for a change. 😉

Polynesia

We're definitely seeing waves of what's out of stock at our stores...it's kind of weird. Today, there was plenty of meat of all kinds, EXCEPT chicken. Purdue cuts of any kind of chicken were wiped out. There was a few packages of some other brand's less popular cuts, and a couple of whole roasters, but not much other than that.
I really like chicken. Guess I won’t find that for awhile. My daughter in Wisconsin sends me care packages of packs of tp. I have trouble finding that here. I hope when things calm down people will stop hoarding. I can’t find packages of yeast here either. It is strange what the stores are out of.

Polynesia

A travel agent I know is claiming a Universal Orlando TM (on their phone line) told her UO is opening June 1st and to expect an official confirmation as early as tomorrow.
I'll personally believe it when I see it, but I was just excited to have something to share for a change. 😉
I guess it’s possible. Universal seems to be a bit more vocal on getting their parks up I noticed. Thanks for sharing.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
That would be big news. Huge. Disney is still taking reservations starting June 1 so that could be the magic date...or tomorrow could come and go;) I’m personally more interested in the details of what is changing once the parks open vs an official date, but I’ll take a date at this point :)

ImperfectPixie

I really like chicken. Guess I won’t find that for awhile. My daughter in Wisconsin sends me care packages of packs of tp. I have trouble finding that here. I hope when things calm down people will stop hoarding. I can’t find packages of yeast here either. It is strange what the stores are out of.
Next week, it will be beef that's hard to find. Very strange. We're up in MA, so I'm sure that has something to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom