Coronavirus and Disneyland Paris

PixarPerfect

Original Poster
Have there been any rumors / comments about DLP and Coronavirus? I'm on the side of people who already washes her hands constantly and slathers up in hand sanitizer any time I'm in ANY park, but as my trip is in 2 weeks, I'm worried about whether the news will impact whether it'll be open or not? Is there precedent with other health situations?

PixarPerfect

Original Poster
Thanks - the official line is that they're monitoring it carefully. It's a little hard to know how to plan based off of that.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
From Twitter

DLP Report
@DLPReport
·
2h
French Minister of Health Olivier Veran explained on @BFMTV that Disneyland Paris has not been closed because it is not considered confined. Many areas and queues are outdoors and the usual protective gestures apply. He added that all his decisions are based on rational science

Last edited:

wdrive

It’s hard to say for two weeks time. At the moment the only real changes are hand sanitizer around the park and most face characters cut.

peep

I'm going in just over a weeks time and I'm a little concerned I might have to cancel my plans but hoping that won't be the case. Just keeping an eye on the DLP fan feeds on Twitter for any updates from the Resort.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm going in just over a weeks time and I'm a little concerned I might have to cancel my plans but hoping that won't be the case. Just keeping an eye on the DLP fan feeds on Twitter for any updates from the Resort.
Closure would be the very last resort.

PixarPerfect

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. I like the French Minister's answer, lol.

Fingers crossed it's a non-issue for everyone. My fear is that we'll be over there and find out it's closed with nowhere to go... I'm debating making another hotel reservation in Paris, just in case. Our DLP portion is at the end of our trip.

cjkeating

Thanks everyone. I like the French Minister's answer, lol.

Fingers crossed it's a non-issue for everyone. My fear is that we'll be over there and find out it's closed with nowhere to go... I'm debating making another hotel reservation in Paris, just in case. Our DLP portion is at the end of our trip.

Based on what has happened at the Asia parks if the parks do close the hotels will remain open for a period of time so you will still have somewhere to stay. You can then get the RER to Paris each day for things to do?

PixarPerfect

Original Poster
Based on what has happened at the Asia parks if the parks do close the hotels will remain open for a period of time so you will still have somewhere to stay. You can then get the RER to Paris each day for things to do?

Good suggestion, thank you. Since we're starting and ending in Paris and this is a side trip, hopefully if we go out to the Park it will be open!

A Noble Fish

So apparently they used irrational science when Disney closed the Shanghai, Hong Kong and Tokyo parks? :cool:
Closure would be the very last resort.
Shanghai actually made sense with the Chinese new year and the country's containment efforts.

Hong Kong has virtually gotten rid of the virus be extreme measures, so their intention was to completely cut off everything, and it didn't matter all that much as it wouldn't have made much money anyway.

Like Hong Kong, the Japanese government is trying to curb this to keep the Olympics this year. OLC made the choice, not Disney.

It's a relatively slow time for Paris so there isn't crowding concerns (besides if fireworks go on). Definitely some persuasion going on there, but it poses an overall low-risk compared to say crowded concerts or churches that can blow up percentages in outbreak areas. Paris is not an epicenter of an outbreak, and the European tourists are also not a huge threat at the moment any more than anywhere else. I bet it will close soon anyway. Disneyland Rome would be another story entirely ;)

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
A night-shift ride technician from Disneyland Paris has been confirmed to have COVID-19. He and his fellow colleagues have been placed under quarantine since yesterday. Park management said that the team wasn't in contact with the guests as they were in the park after hours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom