Coronavirus and Disneyland Paris

monykalyn

It's nice that they finally did that... My phone bill has $100+ charges from waiting on hold with DLP. The one time I spoke with someone he said he could only handle restaurant cancellations and refused to help with anything else. After cancelling our meals, he put me back on hold. Hopefully now that they've officially closed my reservation will be refunded.
Have you heard anything? We were supposed to go mid-May. Obviously that’s not happening and finally flight was cancelled. I put in the form on DLP 10 days ago and have heard nothing. I though we’d push back to June, but we’ve decided to hold off until next year, when we can actually plan and enjoy our (then 5-years in the making) trip.

PixarPerfect

Original Poster
Have you heard anything? We were supposed to go mid-May. Obviously that’s not happening and finally flight was cancelled. I put in the form on DLP 10 days ago and have heard nothing. I though we’d push back to June, but we’ve decided to hold off until next year, when we can actually plan and enjoy our (then 5-years in the making) trip.

They finally contacted me several weeks ago and said they would be refunding my money, but that money has yet to make its way to my account. The official line given was, "You will get, as soon as possible, the full refund of the amount paid."

I'm fascinated that the process took money out of my accounts mere seconds after I clicked purchase yet is now taking 30+ days to put it back. This isn't unique to Disney. All of my trips (including a second, domestic trip) have had the same line. Only one business has actually made a refund.

fradz

FRANCE: Lockdown extended until 11th of May, public gathering places (restaurants, festivals, movie theaters, etc. for sure including Theme Parks too) until at least Mid-July.

Mouse Trap

FRANCE: Lockdown extended until 11th of May, public gathering places (restaurants, festivals, movie theaters, etc. for sure including Theme Parks too) until at least Mid-July.

Where do they indicate restaurants, movie theaters and the like are closed until Mid-July? The only thing I've been able to find is all festivals are canceled through July.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Where do they indicate restaurants, movie theaters and the like are closed until Mid-July? The only thing I've been able to find is all festivals are canceled through July.

"Public events, venues, bars, cafes, museums and restaurants won’t re-open at least until mid-July, and a specific plan will be unveiled to support the tourism sector, he said."

monykalyn

Has anyone received a refund? I'm still waiting on mine and we're about to tick into 30 days.
I finally got a call last week about our reservation. Got a voucher for amount paid good for 18 months. Said it would come via email. Not a thing yet. Voucher is fine as we are rescheduling our trip for next year anyway. Was supposed to go May 17-19.

douglasrickard

We could have changed dates for September, but decided to apply for the voucher which we plan to use to pay a bit more for a bit less in October instead. The good thing is, we can still alter our dates with no fee through to early August, just in case experiences aren't looking as full in the parks as we hope.

TheTourist

We have one day tickets to Disneyland Paris for the 10th and 11th of May, but - naturally - our trip to Europe isn't happening. I see that they'll honor the tickets through March 31st, 2021. Am I assuming correctly that refunds aren't an option? I've already written off this money because I don't see us traveling overseas in the next 12 months, but I'm curious if anyone has successfully pursued another recourse?

douglasrickard

We have one day tickets to Disneyland Paris for the 10th and 11th of May, but - naturally - our trip to Europe isn't happening. I see that they'll honor the tickets through March 31st, 2021. Am I assuming correctly that refunds aren't an option? I've already written off this money because I don't see us traveling overseas in the next 12 months, but I'm curious if anyone has successfully pursued another recourse?
I'd go on the official website. We got vouchers for an April package which can be used for bookings up to summer 2021. And there was also an option for a refund for the hotel and tickets package.

wdrive

I would contact them. Facebook or Twitter seem to be the easiest ways at the moment, especially from the US

Animaniac93-98

Hotel New York's construction has been delayed, will not open June 15th as originally planned. Those with reservations until October 31 can get a refund.

Other hotel reservations between now and July 14 can also be refunded. "Bookings from July 15 are valid", but can be modified/cancelled.

janiejaneo

I'm also wondering if anyone has received a refund. We received a 25% refund as if we cancelled within 7 days rather than parks being shut down, but now have been waiting 7 weeks for the other 75%. I've called twice to try to get this resolved. The first time they acknowledged the refund was screwed up and said it would be reprocessed with two weeks. The second time they said the refund was in process and I should have it in two weeks. After three more weeks, I emailed and got the automated response saying the email would only respond to post-visit inquiries. I've now been on hold for an additional 40 minutes. Any advice on how to get this resolved? We were so looking forward to this first visit and now I'm just so frustrated.

PixarPerfect

Original Poster
I cancelled my trip back in early March and have not received a refund. I cancelled the trip, contacted them repeatedly, have received the email asking it we wanted a refund vs. voucher (confirmed refund), contacted them again, and about 2 weeks ago was told that they were having to manually type in all of the refunds and "that takes time."

We're at 60 days, no refund. They took the initial payment out of my account within minutes. Seems fair. It's nice that you've been given 25% of a refund. We've received zippo.

Last edited:

cjkeating

Disneyland Paris systems are unfortunately notoriously outdated with some dating back to opening day and as you can imagine that means they are slow, manual and certainly not designed for anything like what's currently happening. Obviously this doesn't help anyone out who is waiting for refund but I am sure they are doing all they can with the technology that they have.

PixarPerfect

Original Poster
Disneyland Paris systems are unfortunately notoriously outdated with some dating back to opening day and as you can imagine that means they are slow, manual and certainly not designed for anything like what's currently happening. Obviously this doesn't help anyone out who is waiting for refund but I am sure they are doing all they can with the technology that they have.

Thank you. I suppose I would feel better if that antiquated process had gone both ways, but since they seemed to have the technology to instantly take my payment months ago, it should have been reasonably easy to process a refund. I can get a refund payment from almost any other business entity within a few days. 60+ days from a business like Disney is inexcusable, pandemic or not.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Thank you. I suppose I would feel better if that antiquated process had gone both ways, but since they seemed to have the technology to instantly take my payment months ago, it should have been reasonably easy to process a refund. I can get a refund payment from almost any other business entity within a few days. 60+ days from a business like Disney is inexcusable, pandemic or not.

Don’t forget that your payment was made when people were working in an office that was set up for the processes/tasks that they were meant to perform, and the refund is being processed when most people are working from home and consequently many tasks are much more time consuming, or, in some instances, can’t be performed at home or only by certain people having certain security connections to servers. And in many companies those that are allowed to go in to their place of business are overwhelmed by the volume of work as they are not only doing their own job but all the other tasks that must get done while physically in the building for those who don’t have access. So no, in today’s context it isn’t “reasonably easy” to process a refund.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom