Coronado Springs???

Mr Toad

So between All-Star Spots and Coronado Springs, we just signed up for Coronado Springs sometime in September.

Can anyone please tell me:

1. How Coronado Springs is better than AS (since I read somewhere it's not as good? :veryconfu)

2. If it has any swell benefits...?

3. If transportation is better there...?

4. And the overall stay, theming, etc. - Any good? :shrug:

And it would be our first time there, should we not change our minds. :)
1. I like CS better...no teen tour groups.
2. They have suites. Big lake. Depending on room location, you can be far away from the lobby and restaurant.
3. Might be less crowded due to conventions.
4. Southwest theme is nice change of pace. but if you don't like that...

Upvote 0

heartodisney

So we MAY go to Coronado Springs sometime in Fall.

1. How does Coronado Springs fare with value resorts? (since I read somewhere it's not as good? :veryconfu)

1. we have not stayed at value..but we liked it... just be ready to walk if you are on the other side of the lake for anytime you wish to eat.
2.pools are quiet...rooms were quiet..just bring your own cups to drink from...we got sick from the cups in the room...long story...
3. we did not wait a long time...but we had a good view of wildlife to keep us busy from acroos the road...just have to be patient!
4. it was very nice...food was good...just ALOT for bfast...wife and I shared..so we saved a little there..
5. we were very lucky to have friends that live around the area...so we had a borrowed car for visits to thier house and any other problems...which we did...again...IT WAS A LONG WALK to the store when you are under the weather!
6. at certain points around the lake at night..you can see some fireworks...it was a little bonus!

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

1. How does Coronado Springs fare with value resorts? CSR is heads above the values. CSR is the only mod to offer queen beds, flat panel LG tv's, central air, and more. http://coronado_springs.tripod.com/

2. If it has any swell benefits...? A spa, a salon, a fitness center, tanning beds, a dance club and more

3. If transportation is better there...? CSR has very good transportation that is not shared with any other resort. It is centrally located and has quick rides to all the parks. http://coronado_springs.tripod.com/content/trans.htm

4. And the overall stay, theming, etc. - Any good? If you like feeling like you are in Cancun, then its great!

Upvote 0

babydonald

We stayed there last year and were pleasanntly surprised. It was much nicer than expected. We were told by our Disney travel agent that there were often convention groups that dominated the property. While there were conventions. They did not bother us at all. We the rooms are bigger than the value resorts and have two sinks. The pool is very nicely themed and very enjoyable, I had a 4 yo, 20 yo and a 14 yo with me. Everyone enjoyed it. I have not used the transportation before but as said before IT DOES NOT SHARE. Always a huge advantage. The walk around the lake is nice and you can always rent a surrey bike to go around or a boat to go on the lake. I hope you get to go.

Upvote 0

brentley2

So we MAY go to Coronado Springs sometime in Fall.

1. How does Coronado Springs fare with value resorts? (since I read somewhere it's not as good? :veryconfu)

We stayed there last year. It is a GREAT resort. We have stayed at both sides of Port Orleans in the past. I really like Coronado A LOT better, it has a really cool vibe to it...kinda calm. I liked the fitness center - shocked myself I worked out three times while there.
Also, as others have said it is REALLY quick to get pretty much everywhere. You don't have to deal as much with Buena Vista traffic.

Upvote 0

peterpanic74

Seriously Underrated

We stayed at CSR back in 2006 and had a great experience. The place is very, very underrated, IMHO. Fantastic pool, great themeing, landscaping, etc. The lake is quite picturesque. Pepper Market is great for breakfast, didn't eat other meals there. The sand beaches and hammocks in the Cabanas area are a real plus. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat! :D

Upvote 0
I rememberstaying there back in 1999 so that was ten years ago. But it was very nice the food :slurp:was great and the location is good to.
-transportation wise it is easy to get from one place to another using the disney busses.
- decore wise it reminded me of cancun (sort of) and New Mexico.

have fun and enjoy yourself!

cheers :wave:

Upvote 0

Rob562

For some reason, CSR only has one sink though...

The general consensus on that one is because it's a convention resort and the rooms are already a little small (compared to Deluxe convention resorts), they figured that a convention-goer staying in a room by themselves would prefer more counter space over a second sink.

-Rob

Upvote 0

WDW England

me and my family have stayed at CSR the last few times we have been WDW and we love it, we used to stay in the value resorts (all star music/movies/sports) when i was younger and i can definitely say CSR is far superior.
the themeing is beautiful and the rooms are great. transport is excellent and there's less kids making it more relaxing.
i know some people complain about CSR being to big (walking to the food court etc.) although i can't see how anyone can moan about walking in the florida sun with beautiful scenery?? the buses will take u round to the front if u don't feel like walking anyway!

i would highly recommend staying at CSR :slurp:

Upvote 0

lilclerk

I only stayed at CSR for a few days earlier this year and I didn't visit the parks while there, but the resort is absolutely beautiful, especially early in the morning. It's not crowded, in fact it's quite large so you'd better be prepared to walk a lot after the parks :lol:
If you're interested, I have a bunch of pictures of it in the 2009 link in my signature.

Upvote 0

peterpanic74

Casitas are somewhat more like tradition hotel accommodations. They tend to be booked by conventioneers.

Cabanas are more tropical/island themed. They are fairly close to the main building/services and not far from the Dig Site pool. At least, our building was. :animwink:

Upvote 0
We stay there when we go and love it. We've never stayed at a value resort but here's my opinion on CSR. The "quiet" pools and the spa are always our favorites. The theme is amazing!!! Dining at the Pepper Market is different but huge portions. We get two rooms that connect instead of the cabana. I love how it has it's own bus. You don't have to stop at other hotels. The resort grounds are so big that they have several stops for the bus, which is nice so you don't have to walk all the way to the front to catch the bus. The resort grounds are huge. If you like to run/ walk, one or two laps may do you good. Did I mention the resort grounds are huge?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom