Coronado Springs name change???

SnowWhiteMomma

Original Poster
When I stopped in Coronado Springs last August all of the merchendise with the Coronado Springs insignia was on clearence. The CM told me that the name was changing to the Three Amigos.

Has anyone heard about this?

Courtney

DisneyAnole

When I stopped in Coronado Springs last August all of the merchendise with the Coronado Springs insignia was on clearence. The CM told me that the name was changing to the Three Amigos.

Courtney

Disney's Three Amigos Resort...

:lol:

When you check in, the front desk CM tells you, "Don't drink the water."

he-guy

:veryconfu

"Embrace the legendary cultures of Mexico and the American Southwest amidst Mayan architectural flourishes at this lakeside Resort hotel." to "Embrace the legendary cultures of Donald Duck gawking at Spanish women and some other colorful birds at this $145 a night resort hotel." Not sure that would be a very marketable name. I doubt they would change the name of the whole resort, maybe one of the restaurants, but I think we need the BS flag for this one.:p

Fun2BFree

:veryconfu

"Embrace the legendary cultures of Mexico and the American Southwest amidst Mayan architectural flourishes at this lakeside Resort hotel." to "Embrace the legendary cultures of Donald Duck gawking at Spanish women and some other colorful birds at this $145 a night resort hotel." Not sure that would be a very marketable name. I doubt they would change the name of the whole resort, maybe one of the restaurants, but I think we need the BS flag for this one.:p

Regardless of how legitimate this rumour is, there appears to be a misunderstanding between the name "Three Amigos" that the OP used, and "Three Cabelleros" that you have interpreted it as. Perhaps the OP meant to say "Cabelleros", but I doubt an entire hotel would be based on a somewhat-forgotten film. Besides, Panchito is already a semi-official mascot for Coronado Springs. :shrug:

Rob562

Courtney

Seeing as how the old Disney-MGM Studios merchandise didn't really go on clearance until *after* the name change, the name change would have already been taking place at that time...

Most likely, they were instituting some minor change to the design of the CSR logo, and were clearing out everything with the old insignia.

Besides... Three Caballeros?!?!??? Sometimes some rumors just don't pass the "Yeah, right..." test.

-Rob

urbanvegan

Courtney

It's very expensive to change and re-brand a resort like this, expecially when there is nothing wrong with the current name.

Seems like a very odd choice too. Why name a resort that attempts to attract and adult/convention centric resort after a terrible Chevy Chase movie that came out 20 years ago that Disney didn't even make?

Amigo Amigo Amgio
Little Neddy Goes to War
Dusty Bottoms

What a wonderful hotel name change.
There are some Amigo haters on here. That movie was great.

DivineMadness7

It's very expensive to change and re-brand a resort like this, expecially when there is nothing wrong with the current name.

Seems like a very odd choice too. Why name a resort that attempts to attract and adult/convention centric resort after a terrible Chevy Chase movie that came out 20 years ago that Disney didn't even make?

Terrible?....TERRIBLE?! May I remind you that Martin Short and Steve Martin were also in the movie!
And do you really think they would be renaming it to a movie they don't own? Please consider Donald and his two other friends (I do not know their names, my apologies) that have re-themed the Mexico pavilion river ride?

Plus, I believe the Disney cartoon predates the Chevy Chase movie
Three Caballeros 1944 (also known as Three Amigos): http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0038166/

And Three Amigos 1986 (also known as Three Caballeros): http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092086/

and if we're going to go into the fuss of re-branding, I present Port Orleans (formerly known as Dixie Landings) and does MGM Studios ring a bell? If Disney thinks a name will attract more business, give the resort a better image, they will do it. "Coronado" may be confusing to some guests...not saying all (your average Disney freaks like us), but some...

Disclaimer: Not saying this is likely to happen, just presenting my evidence. Just the facts, ma'am.

Lauriebar

It would be my guess that perhaps there might be a new CS logo featuring the three caballeros coming out?

This makes some sense because of their(the 3 caballeros) presence in some of the CS gift shop merchandise already.

Maybe either the CM was confused by what she was told or the OP was confused by what she heard.

SnowWhiteMomma

Original Poster
I thought the CM was a little off, but I just wanted to see what the general opinion was.

I did not think of that though, maybe they are just changing the logo or something.

aladdin2007

I believe the name of the resorts gift shop was changed recently to this, but not the resort. Coronado Springs is here to stay.
wow my avatar actually fits in with this discussion lol.

Lucky

I heard All-Stars will change its name to The Three Little Pigs. Sports, Music and Movies will change to Bricks, Sticks and Straw.

jessfriends

I believe the name of the resorts gift shop was changed recently to this, but not the resort. Coronado Springs is here to stay.
wow my avatar actually fits in with this discussion lol.

I hope the resort name does not change. No more Panchitos Gifts and Sundries? :mad: Does anyone have a photo of the new store name? :confused: Did the store layout change?

RiversideBunny

What would be the point of changing the name of the Coronado Springs resort? What would be gained?

If there's a Disney hotel that needs a name change, it's Pop Century.
Since they are not going to build the other half of it, the name should change to Pop Culture, or something similar. It covers only a half century.

:king:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom