Coronado Springs Expansion

SteamboatJoe

They are demolishing building 9B? My wife will be disappointed. That is the building we were in during our honeymoon last year. We really enjoyed access to the business lounge. We ate breakfast there every morning before going out to the parks.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Didn't they have some pretty high height test balloons flying over this resort a few months ago? This would seem to imply more than just a pool or low level building. Regardless of what they are adding, would be nice to see a neway restaurant added. Stayed there on our last trip and, while I liked the resort, none of the food options were particularly memorable.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
They are demolishing building 9B? My wife will be disappointed. That is the building we were in during our honeymoon last year. We really enjoyed access to the business lounge. We ate breakfast there every morning before going out to the parks.

I don't think they are demolishing the building, the permit just indicates that some work will be done on it. It is located right along one of the bodies of water that will be modified.

RSoxNo1

Coronado is pretty secluded but it's not totally unreasonable to put in a water way connecting it to DHS and/or Epcot.

Communicore

The only time I liked Coronado was when they had the all you can eat lunch. Man oh man, I went to town. That was so good!

They had the mini burritoes, quesadillas, wraps, paninis, salads, rice and beans, all the greasy and lardy taco beef you can eat, and the amazing chicken nuggets and mac and cheese! And then all the desserts!

Edit: found my old Pepper Market review!

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/pepper-market-review.831605/#post-4855873

Last edited:

Robbiemoo

Maybe they are upping the room count near the studios for when Star Wars land opens?

With all the regular rooms that have been demolished for or converted to DVC maybe they need some more for expected demand?

ryguy

I am thinking if its DVC related it's to expand the convention options/room capacity so they can tear down the Contemporary convention space. To me that's the next best place to expand DVC and would make the contemporary look finished. Its very lopsided right now.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I am thinking if its DVC related it's to expand the convention options/room capacity so they can tear down the Contemporary convention space. To me that's the next best place to expand DVC and would make the contemporary look finished. Its very lopsided right now.
If they were going to expand DCV at the Contemporary, the reaming garden wing would be the most likely location.

As I understand it, the convention center at the Contemporary is very popular and profitable.

ryguy

If they were going to expand DCV at the Contemporary, the reaming garden wing would be the most likely location.

As I understand it, the convention center at the Contemporary is very popular and profitable.

I am sure your right about that, just thinking they have the Floridian convention space and I think they are expanding at the Yacht and Beach. If I was running things I would build the third tower at the Contemporary, and then expand my other three convention spaces to make up for lost space.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I am sure your right about that, just thinking they have the Floridian convention space and I think they are expanding at the Yacht and Beach. If I was running things I would build the third tower at the Contemporary, and then expand my other three convention spaces to make up for lost space.
If you include the ballroom, the Contemporary boasts 90,000 square foot of convention space. By the same metric, The next closest competitor is the yacht club at 73,000 square feet. The Grand Floridian comes in at only 40,000 square feet.

So why take down your largest and quite popular convention space to build a new high rise when you can build it over 250 of the lowest priced rooms at the resort? Your room inventory goes up (BLT has 428 rooms) as does what you can charge per night for those rooms and you convention area flagship remains intact.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

It, and I cant recall where it came up in conversation, but there is/was talk of removing it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom